Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Totally agree with this. Except I don't think Powell will go down Mood road. He's way younger and, to me, way more talented and serious (I liked Moon back then, don't get me wrong).

Look at this plan though: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...244-Raps-Kings
    Cousins and JV as a frontcourt pairing wouldn't work.

If we're getting Cousins, ideally we send out JV

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      Cousins and JV as a frontcourt pairing wouldn't work.

If we're getting Cousins, ideally we send out JV
      Cousins took more than three 3 point shots per game this season...

Comment

Totally agree with this. Except I don't think Powell will go down Mood road. He's way younger and, to me, way more talented and serious (I liked Moon back then, don't get me wrong).

Look at this plan though: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...244-Raps-Kings
        The one thing that worries me about Norm though is the fact that right now, nobody really knows who he is, after this year, they will scout him and that could have a huge effect on how he performs.

Comment

then we have a hole at PG. Lowry I am ok with, he does other things if his shot is not falling at least.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
            then we have a hole at PG. Lowry I am ok with, he does other things if his shot is not falling at least.
            I consider we would have less of a hole at PG with CoJo and Wright than we now have a hole at PF with Patterson and Scola. And Cousins is way more of an impact player than Lowry IMO, as much as I like the last.

Comment

Right. That's 3 shots total per game out of the 20 he takes.

Not to mention that he takes 7.5 shots a game from inside 3 feet. Those shots would be very hard to get with JV clogging the paint.

And yes JV has the jumper out to the FT line but it's not respected yet.

Not to mention defensively that's not a great fit.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                Right. That's 3 shots total per game out of the 20 he takes.

Not to mention that he takes 7.5 shots a game from inside 3 feet. Those shots would be very hard to get with JV clogging the paint.

And yes JV has the jumper out to the FT line but it's not respected yet.

Not to mention defensively that's not a great fit.
                Yeah, but it means a PF guarding one of JV or Cousins in the post. And teams will learn the pain of leaving either open for a midrange shot soon enough.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• and boogie can put the ball on the floor, and pass. i am big on favors but i would take boogie over favors in a second beside jv.

how would demar look next to hayward?

Comment

• JV and cousins can play together.

paint points for eternity. Either of the two can hit midrange (Cousins can even hit threes). No team outside of San Antonio (If Tim Duncan doesn't retire) could handle that frontline.

Comment

• Thank you guys for helping me with this. IMO this obsession with spacing is getting a bit ridiculous.

There are and there has been a whole lot of centers that could shoot way less than JV that were besides power forwards who were not nearly considered stretch 4, so I just don't see why they would not be able to make it work.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        JV and cousins can play together.

paint points for eternity. Either of the two can hit midrange (Cousins can even hit threes). No team outside of San Antonio (If Tim Duncan doesn't retire) could handle that frontline.
                        Im not really worried about offense as much as i am defense. Can DMC guard out to the 3 pt line?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Im not really worried about offense as much as i am defense. Can DMC guard out to the 3 pt line?
                          better than scola

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            better than scola
                            Yeah but we aren't investing the future of the organization in Scola. I hope. It would be really interesting to see how you build a team around JV and DMC. I assume you mostly play 3&D perimeter guys, who are pretty good in a PnR.

Comment

• I don't know I wouldn't want it.

Cousins makes JV expendable

Comment

• Just read that De Colo was named to the All-Euroleague first team. Speculated to be a hot commodity it free agency. Can anyone confirm, i think we still have his rights? We have a plethora or guards right now, but depending on how things play out he could be a good addition that hasnt really been talked about.

Comment

Working...
                                X