No announcement yet.

Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should go after the following realistic FA if DeRozan is not signed and have him walk or resign him and trade him to a team for a PF.

1) Nicholas Batum - This guy wants to play for the Raptors and is a better shooter and plays well in the playoff, I say sign him to a three year deal and mold him into our starting SG day one.

2) Allen Crabbe - He could be a decent backup SF as he has shown with the Blazers. With this move, Ross is expendable, a possibly sign and trade Ross to Portland for resigned Allen Crabbe and one of their PF

3) Mirza Teletovic - Could be a decent PF down the stretch as he has really improved over the season but he would demand a big pay day in the summer

4) Dwight Powell - A decent backup PF or a stretch 4, young and Canadian, could be our starting PF for years to come given the right coach to coach him.

5) Jordan Hill - If we can't resign Biyombo (ask for more), we take Jordan Hill, a good backup C behind Valanciunas, although he hasn't shown much in the playoff but his a still a decent player

6) Mareese Speights - Play with a championship team with the Warriors, he would ask for more in the summer, I say give him a chance and give him Biyombo's money in the summer, a decent backup C or starting PF the Raptors need.

7) Gerald Henderson - Decent backup SG, Raptors killer, career backup, give him the vet minimum and start Powell.

Comment

• LOL @ people who still keep dreaming about Durant in free agency.

As for a realistic FA target, I would look at Aminu for small ball PF.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        LOL @ people who still keep dreaming about Durant in free agency.

That's a good idea...if it was still 2015 and Portland hadn't signed him for 4 years already.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          That's a good idea...if it was still 2015 and Portland hadn't signed him for 4 years already.
          Damn hoopshype salaries!

Funny thing is it still seems more realistic than signing Durant.

Comment

Damn hoopshype salaries!

Funny thing is it still seems more realistic than signing Durant.
            I try to warn people...
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

LOL @ people who still keep dreaming about Durant in free agency.

My #1 target for production/dollar amount is Joakihm Noah

People will sleep on him due to his injuries lately and people still expecting him to be a star PF...realistically he should be a 25mpg Amir Johnson at this point (ie low usage win producer)

If he could be had around that 12-14 mil range on a 3 year deal he could be a steal. Id even pay more than that, salary willing

He pretty much has no holes in his game and is a complete player who plays hard defense (yay). Those are the guys you 'overpay' for. No more flawed players

Lowry-Powell-Carroll-Noah-JV

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

People will sleep on him due to his injuries lately and people still expecting him to be a star PF...realistically he should be a 25mpg Amir Johnson at this point (ie low usage win producer)

If he could be had around that 12-14 mil range on a 3 year deal he could be a steal. Id even pay more than that, salary willing

He pretty much has no holes in his game and is a complete player who plays hard defense (yay). Those are the guys you 'overpay' for. No more flawed players

Noah as PF? That seems risky.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Noah is only good for about 30 games a year.. not worth it. Very unreliable.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

My only issue with that is that Zach Lowe rumored that there was a potential deal of Gibson for Ross on the table.

If that's the case then it kills 2 birds with one stone (arguably 3)

1. It gets rid of Ross' garbage contract faster than Amber Rose can say I was wrong Wiz
                    2. Obviously improves our toughness and depth at PF when we let Scola go
                    3. Gibson expires next year to allow for more cap space to help with Lowry & Biz

Comment

My only issue with that is that Zach Lowe rumored that there was a potential deal of Gibson for Ross on the table.

If that's the case then it kills 2 birds with one stone (arguably 3)

1. It gets rid of Ross' garbage contract faster than Amber Rose can say Wiz
                      2. Obviously improves our toughness and depth at PF when we let Scola go
                      3. Gibson expires next year to allow for more cap space to help with Lowry & Biz

Yep. I sorta agree with this. And I think we are much more likely to be players in the 2017 mega boom than the 2016 one. But it all goes out the door if we resign DeFart DeFrozen to the max this year.

Comment

• Personally I want to keep Ross. Great role playing shooting guard. Also if we let DD walk there will be a short term need at the 2 until Powell is 100% legit.

I think that Gibson rumor is quite outdated now

Comment

• we should aim higher than gibson anyways.

Comment

• People are talking about KD because we are tired of talking about the average players who really won't make much of a difference in the playoffs. We need a star and until we get one we will be a second round team.

Comment

• we need to go all in for KD...we need that superstar reputation on the team otherwise refs/nba are gonna keep screwing us. Having KD on the team will fix that real fast.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Noah is only good for about 30 games a year.. not worth it. Very unreliable.
                                that is a reality

Comment

Working...
                                X