Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DanH wrote: View Post
    Sure, but you don't sacrifice talent (by refusing to make the Favors trade, or refusing to re-sign DeMar) for the purpose of fit. You get the talent, and figure out who stays and goes later IF the fit doesn't work. And I'm not convinced it wouldn't with two exceptional offensive rebounders. Leaving an offensive rebounder to help can be as dangerous as leaving a shooter (assuming the help is coming from off the ball, not in screen action).
    I've heard this somewhere before.
    @Chr1st1anL

    Comment


    • The_Warlord wrote: View Post
      What is Biyombo's market value right now? 4 years 45M backloaded?

      I don't think he takes a pay cut for us, frankly I don't even think Masai asks him to. Is there anyway to re-sign everyone except Scola, JT & James Johnson?

      Add 2 picks to the mix and another vet stopgap at PF until someone claims the role.. Are we upset if this is the extent of the team's summer dealings?
      Every scenario people outline in here in terms of cap space already assumes Scola, JT and JJ are gone. To have room to sign Biz, we have to start dropping guys who have contracts, like Ross.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        I would be happy with Marvin. Normally I would go after Lee as well but we have crazy guard depth and they need minutes, same with Lin.
        To be fair, if mostly everyone is going to disown DD for shitting the bed in the playoffs...Marvin arguably played even worse.

        7 playoff games. 32 mpg. 0.275 FG% 5.1PPG
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

        Comment


        • Mess wrote: View Post
          To be fair, if mostly everyone is going to disown DD for shitting the bed in the playoffs...Marvin arguably played even worse.

          7 playoff games. 32 mpg. 0.275 FG% 5.1PPG
          Bad Numbers no doubt , but different roles mate
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

          Comment


          • We should get Durant, he's pretty good.

            Comment


            • still think you let DD walk and sign Baze

              better fit in general, cheaper. allows you to re-sign Biyombo.
              @sweatpantsjer

              Comment


              • There's a nice glut of bigs who can rebound and shoot 3's.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                Comment


                • ceez wrote: View Post
                  still think you let DD walk and sign Baze

                  better fit in general, cheaper. allows you to re-sign Biyombo.
                  You think you can get Bazemore and Biz for 19M combined?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • Biz and Bazemore would both likely command 15+mill/year this offseason.
                    Mamba Mentality

                    Comment


                    • .
                      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu May 19, 2016, 03:55 PM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

                      Comment


                      • I still just don't think Cousins/DeMar/Lowry together is a good idea. Cousins likes his 30% usage and gets temperamental when he doesn't get the ball.

                        Where are we getting that 10% usage over what JV gets? We currently run ~50% usage for DeMar/Lowry. So are we just having the other two starters never touch the ball, as well as nothing for people coming off the bench?

                        This is one of those things that sounds like a great idea but probably works out horribly.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                        Comment


                        • Barolt wrote: View Post
                          I still just don't think Cousins/DeMar/Lowry together is a good idea. Cousins likes his 30% usage and gets temperamental when he doesn't get the ball.

                          Where are we getting that 10% usage over what JV gets? We currently run ~50% usage for DeMar/Lowry. So are we just having the other two starters never touch the ball, as well as nothing for people coming off the bench?

                          This is one of those things that sounds like a great idea but probably works out horribly.
                          Boogie likes his 30% usage because he's on a team that for the most part is incapable. I'm sure he'd be fine with a slight dip to play on a contender.

                          Ditto for Lowry and Demar getting less touches because they're playing with a superstar.

                          That argument could've been used to not have Lebron, Wade and Bosh play together.

                          Comment


                          • Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            Boogie likes his 30% usage because he's on a team that for the most part is incapable. I'm sure he'd be fine with a slight dip to play on a contender.

                            Ditto for Lowry and Demar getting less touches because they're playing with a superstar.

                            That argument could've been used to not have Lebron, Wade and Bosh play together.
                            But LeBron, Wade and Bosh are all decent off-ball players and fantastic passers. Cousins and DeMar don't pass on that level, and DeMar isn't a good off-ball player. And DeMar isn't nearly the defender that LeBron, Wade or Bosh is.

                            If you're taking away DeMar's touches, he loses a LOT of value. What does he bring aside from being a ball-dominant high usage player driving to the basket? How do we know Boogie, DeMar or Lowry would accept lower usage on a better team? There's no sample size to suggest this is true, and wanting it to be true doesn't make it so.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                            Comment


                            • Barolt wrote: View Post
                              I still just don't think Cousins/DeMar/Lowry together is a good idea. Cousins likes his 30% usage and gets temperamental when he doesn't get the ball.

                              Where are we getting that 10% usage over what JV gets? We currently run ~50% usage for DeMar/Lowry. So are we just having the other two starters never touch the ball, as well as nothing for people coming off the bench?

                              This is one of those things that sounds like a great idea but probably works out horribly.
                              DD should go if we get any superstar imo, whether it is Cousins or KD. He just isn't good without the ball in his hands, doesn't play defense, isn't a great shooter and so on. We already have Lowry and Jonas (who should have his usage increased).

                              Comment


                              • I'm just saying... If we get Cousins and keep JV there's absolutely nothing the Cavs can do to stop them. Considering, Cavs are the team we are trying to beat to get to the promise land.

                                I wanna see Kevin Love try to guard Demarcus Cousins... It will be meme worthy.

                                I don't care what we do to get cousins... If we get him we are instantly a team other teams will fear.. And you wouldn't see these Evan irrelevant Fourniers chipping in their 3 cents on Twitter about how we have no chance. I think that's where we want to get to... A dominant team to reckon with. Beast mode. Giganotorauses. Roarrrrrr..


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X