Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    Agreed, either grab a relatively cheap C like a Hibbert, Zaza, Nene or Boban (not sure if he'll be cheap) or put up real money for someone like Myers Leonard who can handle PF and backup C minutes.
    Ezeli, Aldrich, Mozgov...

Comment

• I think people are forgetting how good JV was in the first two rounds. He was putting up historic rebounding numbers while being a serious post up threat and playing the best defense of his life (including PnR which always looked bad before). His passing was also exponentially better than the start of the year. I am not willing to part with JV yet.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        I am a little worried about paying 30 + million to the center position. Atleast if they are interchangeable between the PF and C it would be a no brainer.

So here is a suggestion... would people be open to shipping JV + Ross and picks/ pieces to Sac for Cousins(of course if he is available). Cousins can play both the C and PF, we will still have elite rim protection, Cousins can hold his own against the bigger dudes Biyombo can't hold against, we keep the chemistry between our backcourt and Biyombo in tact and have the perfect mix of everything in a starting 5. THAT team would look a lot like the 2004 pistons. Literally!
        I posted the below in the Biyombo thread. If JV keeps working on the mid-range and the pick and pop shot I think the 2 can play together for 8-10 minutes a game, and then we'd have the best center situation in the NBA long-term.

KHD wrote: View Post
        So if we can and do re-sign biyombo, what is our approach to the 4 and 5 spots next season?

I'm warming up to the idea of having JV continue to develop the mid-range game in order to reach a level where you can play him at the 5 and biyombo at the 4 for 8-10 minutes a game, and just run a shitload of pick and roll / pop during that time in particular (and really, all game long honestly), to avoid overcrowding in the paint.

Then you draft a PF prospect and break down the minutes something like this:

Player \ C minutes \ PF minutes \ Total Minutes

JV \ 30 \ 0 \ 30
        Biyombo\ 18 \ 9 \ 27
        2pat \ 0 \ 27 \ 27
        PF Rook \ 0 \ 12 \ 12

The goal here is to keep what has been shown as our great strength, our center duo, while getting enough minutes for everyone to continue developing (Bis, JV only 23/24 years old + new PF prospect).

If you look at it from a money standpoint you're probably spending ~30M on the JV/Bis combo + 6M (next year at least) for 2Pat and 2.4M for the 9th pick's rookie scale deal.

A $38M frontcourt next season, that was key to a team that reached the ECF and is pushing the so-called contender Cavs to at least 6. IMO that's really good value.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          I think people are forgetting how good JV was in the first two rounds. He was putting up historic rebounding numbers while being a serious post up threat and playing the best defense of his life (including PnR which always looked bad before). His passing was also exponentially better than the start of the year. I am not willing to part with JV yet.
          What I've noticed is that people swing between one extreme to another.

JV was absoluutely monstrous for us and will continue to be. He's about as untouchable for me as it gets. Only other player who I have at that same level is Lowry.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• If we had his bird rights, Biz wouldn't be a question - you'd give him 15+ without batting an eye. As it is, if you can keep him for little more than trading Ross into space, you probably do it.

Comment

• I hope Biz ops in on his contract to stay with the team and then we can sign him to big money in year three when we have his bird rights. I wonder if those closed door convos will take place.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                I hope Biz ops in on his contract to stay with the team and then we can sign him to big money in year three when we have his bird rights. I wonder if those closed door convos will take place.
                His agent should fire him if that happens.

Comment

• If some kind of insinuation was made to me I would stay in a situation I enjoyed and wait for the pay day.

Sign DeMar, sign a vet. PF not names Luis

Draft Chriss at 9 and a draft and stash with 27

Sign Lowry, PP, and Biz in 2017 enter the tax

We'll have a ton of assists to play with as well Wright, Ross, Bebe, Bruno, Powell, #27, Clips 1st rounder and ours in 2017. We can have internal growth and the ability to make some moves

Comment

• Not sure how often he's been mentioned round these parts, but I'd like to see a move made on Festus Ezeli if Biyombo is a no-go this offseason. Dude brings that same fire and energy to every game it seems like.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      If some kind of insinuation was made to me I would stay in a situation I enjoyed and wait for the pay day.

Sign DeMar, sign a vet. PF not names Luis

Draft Chriss at 9 and a draft and stash with 27

Sign Lowry, PP, and Biz in 2017 enter the tax

We'll have a ton of assists to play with as well Wright, Ross, Bebe, Bruno, Powell, #27, Clips 1st rounder and ours in 2017. We can have internal growth and the ability to make some moves
                      Biyombo had one foot out of the league last season, he basically hit the lottery with these playoffs, he would be a moron to pass it up even if an illegal backroom deal was in place.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Not sure how often he's been mentioned round these parts, but I'd like to see a move made on Festus Ezeli if Biyombo is a no-go this offseason. Dude brings that same fire and energy to every game it seems like.
                        Ezeli is expected to get Biyombo-esque money as well.

Comment

• Then moving Ross is the logical choice. Salary dump and resign Biz. I think he brings way more to the table. I love Ross's talent but it doesn't show up enough. We'll need to add a 3 point threat in that case.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                            Ezeli is expected to get Biyombo-esque money as well.
                            Yep...gold cadillacs on the Congo highways. haha.

Comment

• I wonder if there's anyway we can pry Ibaka away from OKC? He's a free agent next season and will likely command big money ... maybe they look to shop him ala Harden? He really would be PERFECT for us.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I wonder if there's anyway we can pry Ibaka away from OKC? He's a free agent next season and will likely command big money ... maybe they look to shop him ala Harden? He really would be PERFECT for us.
                                He's pretty perfect for them. I don't know that they move him.

If it's just a matter of affordability, they can probably find other places to save. Maybe move Kanter, who's a pretty expensive backup for them. He brings good things, but don't know that he's worth the cost if Adams-Ibaka is going to be a better pairing with KD-Westbrook on the court.

Comment

Working...
                                X