No announcement yet.

Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put a lid on the Ibaka or Durant stuff, as far as I'm concerned. If OKC beats a 67-win Spurs team, and a 73-win Warriors team in back-to-back series, everyone's staying put there.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Put a lid on the Ibaka or Durant stuff, as far as I'm concerned. If OKC beats a 67-win Spurs team, and a 73-win Warriors team in back-to-back series, everyone's staying put there.
      I don't know, they could still choke in the Finals. You never know with this crazy ass league. Maybe Westbrook will lose it and punch Durant in the face. *Or the other way around...

Comment

• When the Raptors get passed Cleveland are they ring chaser worthy? Dirk's a free agent. Would he sign on for a minimum deal to try one last time to get a ring?

Cuban would never let him go. But just throwing a name out there.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          When the Raptors get passed Cleveland are they ring chaser worthy? Dirk's a free agent. Would he sign on for a minimum deal to try one last time to get a ring?

Cuban would never let him go. But just throwing a name out there.
          I wouldn't even want him tbh. He should stay in Dallas and prob want to anyway. He is old and slow and would be a bit better than Scola next year.

Comment

• Ibaka can definitely be moved by OKC, he regressed pretty badly this season and OKC is unlikely to sign him after signing Kanter (who they love) and needing to sign Adams.

They're obviously not the type of team to go into the tax too much so unless KD tells them he's leaving I doubt Ibaka is on their 2018 roster.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              Ibaka can definitely be moved by OKC, he regressed pretty badly this season and OKC is unlikely to sign him after signing Kanter (who they love) and needing to sign Adams.

They're obviously not the type of team to go into the tax too much so unless KD tells them he's leaving I doubt Ibaka is on their 2018 roster.
              Did you watch tonight's game? Ibaka was HUGE for them.

Comment

Did you watch tonight's game? Ibaka was HUGE for them.
                haha so you're going to throw money at a guy and put your team into the tax because of one game? If that's the case OKC shouldn't worry about Ibaka and start giving the max to Roberson.

Comment

haha so you're going to throw money at a guy and put your team into the tax because of one game? If that's the case OKC shouldn't worry about Ibaka and start giving the max to Roberson.
                  No, but Ibaka is the central piece to OKC being able to match small-ball lineups. In this series, they've been destroying the Death lineup by going to the group with Ibaka at the 5 and Durant at the 4.

Without Ibaka, that lineup doesn't work. He can also switch onto guards where Kanter and Adams wouldn't be able to.

Comment

No, but Ibaka is the central piece to OKC being able to match small-ball lineups. In this series, they've been destroying the Death lineup by going to the group with Ibaka at the 5 and Durant at the 4.

Without Ibaka, that lineup doesn't work. He can also switch onto guards where Kanter and Adams wouldn't be able to.
                    Fair enough, but don't expect to see OKC giving him the money he wants to stay. Ibaka's numbers are at their lowest point since his rookie year and the money they committed to Kanter is a big factor, and of course there's always the chance that both KD and Westbrook could skip town. Ibaka is not the guy they're planning to re-build their team around and he's also not the guy they want to go into the tax with.

Comment

Fair enough, but don't expect to see OKC giving him the money he wants to stay. Ibaka's numbers are at their lowest point since his rookie year and the money they committed to Kanter is a big factor, and of course there's always the chance that both KD and Westbrook could skip town. Ibaka is not the guy they're planning to re-build their team around and he's also not the guy they want to go into the tax with.
                      And all that changes if they win the title or get close this year. Then, especially with the new TV money, chances are that OKC decides to pony up the cash for a couple years to make a run at a dynasty. They know if they let guys walk they aren't getting the free agents there.

Comment

• I've been thinking... Is it realistic to trade Ross + the 9th pick to move up a little in the Draft and guarantee one of Murray or Hield? That way, we could get one of those guys on rookie deals to supplant Ross' shooting, and save that cap space to resign Biz. I don't know if it necessarily works or if anyone would take that offer... But man, I would do that in a heartbeat.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                          I've been thinking... Is it realistic to trade Ross + the 9th pick to move up a little in the Draft and guarantee one of Murray or Hield? That way, we could get one of those guys on rookie deals to supplant Ross' shooting, and save that cap space to resign Biz. I don't know if it necessarily works or if anyone would take that offer... But man, I would do that in a heartbeat.
                          It might also take the LA Clips 1st in 2017 to do that.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            I wonder if there's anyway we can pry Ibaka away from OKC? He's a free agent next season and will likely command big money ... maybe they look to shop him ala Harden? He really would be PERFECT for us.
                            I think everyone in OKC stays if KD does. Although their owner is a cheapskate, I wonder if he'd pay up on a big deal for Ibaka next year.

Comment

• I'd really like to trade Ross and pick up PJ Tucker this offseason

Could you imagine the second unit of Cory Jo, Powell, Tucker, Patterson and Biyombo... holy defense Batman
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Put a lid on the Ibaka or Durant stuff, as far as I'm concerned. If OKC beats a 67-win Spurs team, and a 73-win Warriors team in back-to-back series, everyone's staying put there.
                                They've been a force. I don't know how Durant walks away from that.

Comment

Working...
                                X