Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JWash wrote: View Post
    DanH corrected me on this before so I think I know what i'm talking about now, been reading through the actual CBA (not the Coon FAQ).

DeMar is technically eligible for 30% of the cap, but because of this:

He's actually eligible for closer to about 28% of the cap.

So he can't make 30% of the cap, plus that 28% would be 28% of the 89M cap, and would be much less than that the following season when the cap rises to 108M.

Still too much, and I still want him off this team

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Winning teams send their top players. It's as simple as that. If they have good seasons and we're on pace for 50+ wins again, we likely send 3 guys. It's just like the Hawks and their 4 last year. My bet would be Lowry, DeMar, Jonas, maybe Carroll if his numbers increase with us.
      then I guess we better be on pace for 60 wins....

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        Someone will offer more for Faried, no way they give him up for Marvin Williams. 76ers wanted to tank harder than anyone in history, and still they didn't just give Thad Young or Jrue Holiday to anyone for free.
        It wasnt a proposal, it was an example, those were the names that popped into my head as I typed

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
          then I guess we better be on pace for 60 wins....
          I wouldn't be surprised, it's not far off where we were last year. We probably would have sent DeMar and Lowry if DD had been healthy.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't be surprised, it's not far off where we were last year. We probably would have sent DeMar and Lowry if DD had been healthy.
            Demar sucked last season, there was no way.

And we won 49 games last year, now you are talking going for 60.

Its not going to happen mate.

Comment

Demar sucked last season, there was no way.

And we won 49 games last year, now you are talking going for 60.

Its not going to happen mate.
              If DeMar hadn't gotten injured, he would have had a better season. What was our projected win total when the AS teams were decided?

Comment

it will be easier to trade him now when his salary isn't 30% of the cap.
                I don't know. It's not like other teams are stupid. They all know that Demar will make much more money in the future. If some team is trading for him and giving up valuable assets, they are getting him for the long term. They are planning to re-sign him and they are aware that he will cost a lot under the new cap.

If anything, it would be tougher to get value right now, because some teams would be scared of him leaving.

If he gets lets say 25 mil flat a year for 5 years, in a couple years the cap is most likely around 110-115 mil, and his contract will look pretty fine, around 22% of the cap.
                Last edited by BobLoblaw; Tue Jul 21, 2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Gallo just signed an extension, that's another player off the 2016 list. players are dropping like flies.

wonder if that increases DD's trade value or not
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Gallo just signed an extension, that's another player off the 2016 list. players are dropping like flies.

wonder if that increases DD's trade value or not
                    Gallo just got 17mm per year, his best season he averaged 16ppg with similar shooting % than DD. DD is going to get paid.

Comment

All this shit is irrelevant, we're signing KD.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        Sign and trade? Or do we have to clear space?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Yep, Keyon Dooling is coming out of retirement to provide that veteran leadership that Casey loves.

Comment

What would be people's thoughts of a DD+NYK 1st for Ibaka and Morrow?

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              Ibaka would be the perfect fit at the 4 on this team.. but why would OKC do that?

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                I'd do it, but I don't think that OKC would. It saves them some tax, but they'd also be worried about DeMar's contract, you have to pay him this summer, and they still have two cheap years of Ibaka. And Ibaka is just a nice fit for them, even more now with Kanter there.

Comment

Working...
                                X