X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    DD + KD is bad
    RW + DD is comical
    I'm really trying to understand how DD + KD is "bad". It would be the most dangerous wing tandem in the league by a mile. RW +DD might not really be a good fit, but I don't see how it would be comical, it would be a very difficult pairing to guard for most teams.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Problem is that DD is also a free agent, and I doubt Presti would want to take back a rental.. unless its purely to free up more salary. I'd gladly move DD but I don't think OKC would take him.
      I dont think so either, but maybe they figure they can keep him.

And worst case scenario, he is expiring.

So Expirings, picks and youth for KD. and in the meantime the expiring helps keep a few butts in the seats.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        I'm really trying to understand how DD + KD is "bad". It would be the most dangerous wing tandem in the league by a mile. RW +DD might not really be a good fit, but I don't see how it would be comical, it would be a very difficult pairing to guard for most teams.
        KD by himself make for second most deadly wing combo in the league.

Adding Demar detracts from that by reasons that have been highlighted previously.

But I will use one of your arguements against you.

DD and KD would not work well because.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

Adding Demar detracts from that by reasons that have been highlighted previously.

Is there any situation that DD wouldn't detract from in your mind? How on earth would DD "detract" from Durant...

Comment

Is there any situation that DD wouldn't detract from in your mind? How on earth would DD "detract" from Durant...
            by not being able to hold his own defensively, forcing Durant to have to guard the better offensive threat himself, putting undie additional strain and wear on his body on a by game basis.

By being a terrible without the bal in his hands.

By stopping ball movement once ball gets into his hands.

By being inefficient offensively allowing for teams to slack, let demar shoot his little 22 footers and stay at home on Durant.

Comment

• Playing with Durant would allow DeRozan to stop doing most of the things that make him inefficient if the coach takes proper advantage of the situation. He would have the added benefit on not requiring KD to go out and drop 35 a night for the team to win games.

DeRozan could shoot more corner 3s as opposed to above the break 3s, which would put his percentage over 35%. You say that KD wouldn't be able to drive and kick to DD, but where do most drive and kick passes go to and what part of the 3PT arc is DD most efficient from?

He wouldn't be taking nearly as many of those cringe-worthy fadeaway 20 footers, because Durant would be the one taking them when needed or creating a much better shot because he's a much superior offensive player.

Essentially playing with KD would allow DeRozan to play more like the DeRozan we saw on team USA and to an extent in 13-14, and less like the iso-ball DeRozan we've seen him have to be most of his career.

Comment

Playing with Durant would allow DeRozan to stop doing most of the things that make him inefficient if the coach takes proper advantage of the situation. He would have the added benefit on not requiring KD to go out and drop 35 a night for the team to win games.

DeRozan could shoot more corner 3s as opposed to above the break 3s, which would put his percentage over 35%. You say that KD wouldn't be able to drive and kick to DD, but where do most drive and kick passes go to and what part of the 3PT arc is DD most efficient from?

He wouldn't be taking nearly as many of those cringe-worthy fadeaway 20 footers, because Durant would be the one taking them when needed or creating a much better shot because he's a much superior offensive player.

Essentially playing with KD would allow DeRozan to play more like the DeRozan we saw on team USA and to an extent in 13-14, and less like the iso-ball DeRozan we've seen him have to be most of his career.
                And anyway this is a moot point.

1.) We're most likely not getting Durant
                2.) We would likely need DD or a similar/higher profile player to get Durant

Comment

Playing with Durant would allow DeRozan to stop doing most of the things that make him inefficient if the coach takes proper advantage of the situation. He would have the added benefit on not requiring KD to go out and drop 35 a night for the team to win games.

Why would we have Demar shooting corner threes at 20 million per year at a rate of 33% when we could have a superior defender in Carrol at 15 millon shoot them at a rate of 44%.

Seriously....

Comment

Why would we have Demar shooting corner threes at 20 million per year at a rate of 33% when we could have a superior defender in Carrol at 15 millon shoot them at a rate of 44%.

Seriously....
                    Plus infinity.

It is ludicrous.

His comments are entirely focusing on offense, which is really not a fit due to DD's uselessness without the ball, and completely ignoring defense.

"DD holds his own" is complete opinion. Opinion is cool, I've got lots of them. But they aren't always reality. There is nothing statistically or from the eye test to support DD is a good defensive player outside of random isolated incidents (remember the time DD guarded LBJ!?!?!).

Comment

• Nowhere have I said that DD+KD is necessarily a better fit than KD+DC, I said it could be depending on what the rest of the roster looks like.

I was arguing against people saying that DD+KD would be "bad" and that DD would "detract" from KD's game which quite frankly are idiotic things to say. You guys are making DeRozan out like he's a cancer on the court.

Comment

Nowhere have I said that DD+KD is necessarily a better fit than KD+DC, I said it could be depending on what the rest of the roster looks like.

I was arguing against people saying that DD+KD would be "bad" and that DD would "detract" from KD's game which quite frankly are idiotic things to say. You guys are making DeRozan out like he's a cancer on the court.
                        We never once said that Demar wouldnt get along with KD.

I am sure they would like to sit on park benches and feed ducks and shit, but there games are oil and water, and there is nothing you could add to the roster outside of a better shooting guard that would push demar to a 6th man role that would make Demar and KD being a effective pairing.

Comment

Nowhere have I said that DD+KD is necessarily a better fit than KD+DC, I said it could be depending on what the rest of the roster looks like.

Keep moving the goal posts and putting a new twist on it.

No one has said that DD is a cancer on the court.

The topic of discussion has always been who is a better fit with Durant in the very hypothetical scenario where he joins the Raptors.

Apparently the argument for DeRozan boils down to he has a better name and he is more fun to hang with at OVOfest.... meanwhile no one mentions PP hanging with him at Jays game. So yeah.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

The topic of discussion has always been who is a better fit with Durant in the very hypothetical scenario where he joins the Raptors.

Apparently the argument for DeRozan boils down to he has a better name and he is more fun to hang with at OVOfest.... meanwhile no one mentions PP hanging with him at Jays game. So yeah.
                            at a baseball game would be alot quieter than a concert.

so there would be more meaningful convos at the baseball game, therefore Ppat is far more crucial to our recruitment needs than Demar.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

I'm not putting a twist on anything. My comments were made in response to this line of reasoning:

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              DD + KD is bad
                              RW + DD is comical
                              Snooch wrote: View Post

And yes the general idea here being suggested IS in fact that DD is a cancer on the court (or at least he would be with KD). That's what's being discussed/debated. We're having a different discussion in the other thread (the DeRozan thread) about DC/KD vs DD/KD.

In response to your post in there where you said:

I labelled him a SG because his skill set allows it.

A KD/DC pairing would be incredible.
                              I said

As would DD and KD. And depending on what the rest of the team is that might be better.
                              So no I haven't changed any narrative or spun anything, we're having two different arguments in the separate threads. And I have not mentioned OVOfest at all. Stop trying to reduce everyone who wants to keep DD to being a fanboy or twitter/vine basketball fan who doesn't know the game. I simply said that I think we would need to have DD in order to sign KD in the first place because DD is the guy on the Raptors that other players in the NBA consider to be a star (whether that's true or not).

Comment

at a baseball game would be alot quieter than a concert.

so there would be more meaningful convos at the baseball game, therefore Ppat is far more crucial to our recruitment needs than Demar.

It doesn't matter who's he's talking to. Durant's not going to have his opinion swayed at a concert or baseball game.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X