Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    I'm not putting a twist on anything. My comments were made in response to this line of reasoning:

And yes the general idea here being suggested IS in fact that DD is a cancer on the court (or at least he would be with KD). That's what's being discussed/debated. We're having a different discussion in the other thread (the DeRozan thread) about DC/KD vs DD/KD.

In response to your post in there where you said:

I said

So no I haven't changed any narrative or spun anything, we're having two different arguments in the separate threads. And I have not mentioned OVOfest at all. Stop trying to reduce everyone who wants to keep DD to being a fanboy or twitter/vine basketball fan who doesn't know the game. I simply said that I think we would need to have DD in order to sign KD in the first place because DD is the guy on the Raptors that other players in the NBA consider to be a star (whether that's true or not).
    What you highlighted on my part says nothing about being a cancer, it states that Demar would take away from KDs effectiveness by being a terrible pairing for him to play off of.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      It doesn't matter who's he's talking to. Durant's not going to have his opinion swayed at a concert or baseball game.
      You and I know that.

But some use this as a reasoning as a "pro" for the person sitting beside him.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        You and I know that.

Exactly.

We can't use same flawed logic both ways?

Comment

You and I know that.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Exactly.

We can't use same flawed logic both ways?
          Who was using this logic though? I guess someone was but I definitely wasn't.

You can't keep lumping all the people who support DeRozan into the same group and assigning the same philosophies to all of them.

I don't do that with the group of people who don't like DeRozan's game. For example, I understand that while Snooch and someone like DanH both want DD gone, they have very different perspectives on the team and even reasons for why they don't want DD here.

Comment

You can't keep lumping all the people who support DeRozan into the same group and assigning the same philosophies to all of them.

I don't do that with the group of people who don't like DeRozan's game. For example, I understand that while Snooch and someone like DanH both want DD gone, they have very different perspectives on the team and even reasons for why they don't want DD here.
            Happens all the time on this board. I hate it myself no matter what side I'm on.

Comment

Who was using this logic though? I guess someone was but I definitely wasn't.

I have given all the same reasons.

I am just a lot louder than DanH

And no one mentioned you in the post.
              Last edited by Snooch; Wed Aug 5, 2015, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I have given all the same reasons.

I am just a lot louder than DanH

And no one mentioned you in the post.
                Uh no, Dan has a very different perspective than you on DD.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                  #Durant2DeRaps2016
                  #PPat2DeThunder2017

First Durant gets Novak, now he's recruiting all the other Raptors players too. What a prick.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                    #PPat2DeThunder2017

First Durant gets Novak, now he's recruiting all the other Raptors players too. What a prick.
                    Nah, Durant wantz to roll wit Drake and da OVO crew homie

#Da6isDurantzNewHome
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                      Not really nope.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                        Not really nope.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
                        Do go on.

I'm honestly interested to hear what each of you thinks my stance is.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Do go on.

I'm honestly interested to hear what each of you thinks my stance is.
                          Honestly, I'm just referring to the fact that you can actually see value in DeMar, Snooch doesn't.

Comment

Honestly, I'm just referring to the fact that you can actually see value in DeMar, Snooch doesn't.
                            i have never once stated anything remotely close to that.

I have said he is very good at getting to the line.

Comment

This is what I was referring to as well. Dan's primary motivation for wanting to trade DD is that he thinks he's going to cost way more than he can actually earn. I imagine if DD were willing to sign for 15M per year, DanH might be inclined to keep him (in fact iirc DanH actually said that about 16M in one of the threads here).

However Snooch just wants DD gone at all costs, and it has nothing to do with his contract. I've known Snooch (not personally, just known of him) for a while actually because he used to post on RealGM and got banned from there for constantly trolling (mostly regarding DeRozan), and the guy just plain finds the idea of DeRozan being on the team revolting.

Maybe I'm wrong and DanH wants DD gone at all costs too (salary be damned) but I think the two of them have different perspectives there. I also find that DanH does a much better job of supporting his opinions, whereas Snooch will just make sarcastic comments.

Comment

i have never once stated anything remotely close to that.

I have said he is very good at getting to the line.
                                I think "He is very good at getting to the line and that's it" is remotely close to DeMar doesn't have value.

Comment

Working...
                                X