Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Yeah...that's it.

Take swipes at me versus acknowledging in the train of discussion that post was a part of some Derozan fanatics actually believe DD is a better fit next to a 3 and D like Carroll.

Bloody typical.
    and him with no bench depth/picks and no carrol/lowry/jv is better with a bonafied first option than both of lowry and carrol and all other assets moving forward

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      KD to Toronto is still very dream like.. but what if Presti panics and makes Durant available in a trade at the deadline? Assume he's talked to Durant and feels that Durant is not going to stick around. Rather than lose him for nothing he swings a trade.

Would anyone give up prospects/talent to rent KD for a couple of months, like the Jays did with David Price?

That could mean departing with the NY 2016 pick and possibly someone like Carroll or Joseph to make salaries work.

Having KD on the roster doesn't make them instant contenders this year.. but they'll have his bird rights.
      In a heartbeat yes.

Comment

Yeah...that's it.

Take swipes at me versus acknowledging in the train of discussion that post was a part of some Derozan fanatics actually believe DD is a better fit next to a 3 and D like Carroll.

Bloody typical.
        Don't sweat the attack.

You're perhaps the most knowledgable poster on this forum. Your concerns re DD are not without merit.

Comment

Yeah...that's it.

Take swipes at me versus acknowledging in the train of discussion that post was a part of some Derozan fanatics actually believe DD is a better fit next to KD rather than a 3 and D like Carroll.

Bloody typical.
          I'm a Demar "fan" - an abbreviation of "fanatic" ... but you're using the term as a pejorative. He might improve. Or the new coaches - and chemistry - might provide some exciting growth.

But Demar gets run-down here a lot. For some, slagging him has become a giggle-inducing pass-time. You can see that, right? If I've unfairly lumped you (or Dan) in with more aggressive, "buzz-kill" posters, I sincerely apologize.

I mean that. I'm just here to try to enjoy, and chat - and learn more about - the home team.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
            I'm a Demar "fan" - an abbreviation of "fanatic" ... but you're using the term as a pejorative. He might improve. Or the new coaches - and chemistry - might provide some exciting growth.

But Demar gets run-down here a lot. For some, slagging him has become a giggle-inducing pass-time. You can see that, right? If I've unfairly lumped you (or Dan) in with more aggressive, "buzz-kill" posters, I sincerely apologize.

I mean that. I'm just here to try to enjoy, and chat - and learn more about - the home team.
            Trust me you haven't "unfairly" lumped him into that group. He's part of it.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              Trust me you haven't "unfairly" lumped him into that group. He's part of it.
              Well ... I think most of us have made some grumpy or late-night posts that might not have been as tactful or thoughtful as we might have liked. I have, anyway.

Just trying to help bring the temperature down. Be positive. Hit the "reset-button". This seems, to me, too useful a resource to pollute. Gotta do my part. But thanks JWash.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Here's the choice right now. Next summer, let everyone except JV walk (Ross, DD, Scola, JJ) and you'll have enough cap room for one max offer.

Or keep DD and you'll have room for a 10M dollar player. Which is peanuts next summer.

Or keep Ross too and you'll have practically no room. If you keep just Ross and let DD walk, you'd have about 17M to offer, again meaning you can be outbid by 20 teams, but you might be able to get an OK player with that.
                Here is my concern Dan:
                -Demar is looking for $20-25 mil; JVal prob 20 mil; TRos lets say 10 mil. Either we pay them or somebody else for sure.
                That's 50-55 mil.
                No way (IMO).
                Choice -trade at least 1 (preferably 2). I'd keep Val.
                All the more reason to look for guys signed to cap friendly deals last year & prior.
                Maybe Farried (so-so D) & M Morris (legal issues) & T Gibson are not best choice, but better than giving a marginally better player (questionable) like say Henson 15-20 mil. Maybe 15-20 mil is stupid, but we can all see where this is going w Kanter, R Lopez...

Comment

• How about we wait for the season to start and see which player is worth keeping before we scar their names. Its the off-season, lets give them time to prove us wrong of what they are really worth. Who knows, maybe we'll see a newer and improved version of one of those players this coming season.
                  Last edited by BS10; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 06:12 PM.
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                    How about we wait for the season to start and see which player is worth keeping before we scar their names. Its the off-season, lets give them time to prove us wrong of what they are really worth. Who knows, maybe we'll see a newer and improved version of one of those players this coming season.
                    That logic can be used to literally never move any players ever. Maybe if we had waited before trading Rudy Gay, he would have evolved into a Durant-esque superstar literally the next game.
                    Last edited by DanH; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 07:07 PM.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DeMar will still be on the team in 2016-17.

Comment

That logic can be used to literally never move any players ever. Maybe if we had waited before trading Rudy Gay, he would have evolved into a Durant-esque superstar literally the next game.
                        I think you're twisting my words. I wasn't advocating not moving any players, i was suggesting that we wait for the season to see how our old players fit with our new role players. We have a lot more depth now at most of our positions because of the moves made during this offseason. There have been changes made to our roster with the hope of improvement as well as the time the offseason gives to allow our existing players to develop their skills. I think you need to consider these things before shipping off our players so hastily or offering them a big fat contract.

Of course if players don't perform as expected or don't show signs of improvements before the all star break, I think that would make us all the more willing to deal them. However, dealing them pre-emptively I believe is a bad move.
                        Last edited by BS10; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 08:08 PM.
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I think you're twisting my words. I wasn't advocating not moving any players, i was suggesting that we wait for the season to see how our old players fit with our new role players. We have a lot more depth now at most of our positions because of the moves made during this offseason. There have been changes made to our roster with the hope of improvement as well as the time the offseason gives to allow our existing players to develop their skills. I think you need to consider these things before shipping off our players so hastily or offering them a big fat contract.

Of course if players don't perform as expected or don't show signs of improvements before the all star break, I think that would make us all the more willing to deal them. However, dealing them pre-emptively I believe is a bad move.
                          Yes, of course. But I'm just saying, what if the plan is to get Durant next summer? Shouldn't we wait to see how our current players fit with him before moving them? What if we plan on targeting someone in 2017? Should wait to see the fit there.

We know what our players are and what they project to be, outside of the new guys and the young guys. None of them are going to drastically change because of the role players they are playing with (the new guys are role players, make no mistake). Perhaps a dramatic coaching strategy change could shed some new light, and sure, I hope for that. But if a deal is there now I don't think the question of how players fit with Carroll instead of Ross should hold it up.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yes, of course. But I'm just saying, what if the plan is to get Durant next summer? Shouldn't we wait to see how our current players fit with him before moving them? What if we plan on targeting someone in 2017? Should wait to see the fit there.

We know what our players are and what they project to be, outside of the new guys and the young guys. None of them are going to drastically change because of the role players they are playing with (the new guys are role players, make no mistake). Perhaps a dramatic coaching strategy change could shed some new light, and sure, I hope for that. But if a deal is there now I don't think the question of how players fit with Carroll instead of Ross should hold it up.
                            What are the odds of us getting Durant, honestly? I feel less likely than Aldridge. Pipe dreams are nice but not realistic.

I don't think you should build a team hinged on the idea that player X is going to join up with you. Verbal agreements aren't certifiable, just look at this past summer with Deandre Jordan.
                            Last edited by BS10; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 09:52 PM.
                            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

What are the odds of us getting Durant, honestly? I feel less likely than Aldridge. Pipe dreams are nice but not realistic.

I don't think you should build a team hinged on the idea that player X is going to join up with you. Verbal agreements aren't certifiable, just look at this past summer with Deandre Jordan.
                              I agree. Bad hypothetical to prove my point. Let's say the Raptors drafted and stashed a guy overseas, who will come over next season. Should all trades not be put on hold until we see if guys fit with him?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The plan next season is to get an interview with Durant and sign Horford.

Comment

Working...
                                X