Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    I'd say if KD wanted to come here, get rid of Lowry and let him run the point
    Pass the blunt lol

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Given that James is widely expected to re-sign in Cleveland on a series of short-term deals, a lion’s share of the ongoing rumor mill discussion is likely to fall to Durant. The Wizards, Nets, Knicks, Heat and Warriors have already popped up as possible Durant suitors. Durant said that the only people who would be privy to his free agency decision-making and licensed to speak publicly are himself, Kleiman, and Charlie Bell, his manager and best friend.

“I trust them with my life,” Durant said of Kleiman and Bell. “If you hear ‘sources’ or anything, don’t believe if it didn’t come from them. I tell them everything. We bounce ideas off of each other, we collaborate on a lot of different things. They give me advice. If you hear ‘sources’ or anything, it’s not true. … I am looking forward to [the scrutiny]. I can’t wait. Boo me. Call me any type of name in the book. Talk about my family. I’m ready for it.”

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/08/11/kev...a-city-thunder

KD so coming to toronto. ��
      Am I the only one surprised the Lakers name isn't in there among the suitors?
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• JV just got offered a new extension deal. Seems like a very good contract so far. MU seems to have that stealth factor when it comes to making deals. What if the purpose of JV contract (out of the blue) was to use him as trade bait in a trade for Demarcus Cousins . JV + Ross + a 1st rounder for Demarcus. C. If Sacramento are thinking about trading DM this is a good deal for them I think. This ties into our 2016 free Agency because now to (Drake's homie) - KD ,Toronto suddenly becomes a very attractive destination and certainly a contender if he joins.. It's that time of the year let the fantasizing begin. ..

Comment

• raptorredy wrote: View Post
          JV just got offered a new extension deal. Seems like a very good contract so far. MU seems to have that stealth factor when it comes to making deals. What if the purpose of JV contract (out of the blue) was to use him as trade bait in a trade for Demarcus Cousins . JV + Ross + a 1st rounder for Demarcus. C. If Sacramento are thinking about trading DM this is a good deal for them I think. This ties into our 2016 free Agency because now to (Drake's homie) - KD ,Toronto suddenly becomes a very attractive destination and certainly a contender if he joins.. It's that time of the year let the fantasizing begin. ..
          I like the idea but I believe it's not a real possibility. Continue to dream though
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• JV cannot be traded until next summer.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• As soon as there's a new champion whatever they're doing will be the new flavor of the month and so if they start two centers everyone will be about centers. If they win with a couple undrafted players in the rotation suddenly teams will opt to bring in more undrafted players. If word gets out that the champs do two shots of tequila before each game suddenly half the league will be liquored up for the 1st quarter.

What am I saying? Ujiri does his own thing and this is where he finds his success. JV won't go anywhere anytime soon is my guess. Players like that don't grown on trees.

Comment

• The only PF's i'd consider acquiring next year are the following:
                Hortford (UFA)
                T. Jones (RFA)
                Montiejunas (RFA)
                Ryan Anderson (UFA) However, I don't think he'd work well defensively with JV

Other players to consider:
                Harrison Barnes (RFA)
                Batum (UFA)
                Courtney Lee (UFA)
                Kevin Martin (PO)
                KD (UFA) But I don't see him coming here as a real option

Ofcourse, there's the possibility that there might be a player that has a break out season plays extremely well and merits consideration but ATM those are the only guys I like.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• I realllllllllyyyyyyyyy hope Cujo works out, cause then we can make some shit happen

Since it is all hypothetical, If cujo proves that he is indeed starter material, then Lowry become expendable for essentially nothing.

Picture moving into 2016 offseason with a top 10 pick(NYK) our own pick, a lineup ofassuming renouncing of Bebe, Ross, and a lowry trade for picks/expirings)

Cujo/Wright
                  ??/Powell
                  Carroll/Bruno
                  ??/Ppat
                  JV/Biyombo.

and about 41 million in capspace.....

Offer KD 28 million, and a sign and trade and the NYK pick future pick to atlanta for Horford starting around 16 million.

2016-2017

Cujo/Wright
                  Carroll/Powell
                  KD/Bruno
                  Horford/Ppat
                  JV/Biyombo

Fill out last couple spots with vet ring chasers.

Comment

• Apparently Tristan Thompson is a strong target for Toronto for Summer 2016 ...

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/08...ng-home-story/

Comment

• KD and Horford are not gonna sign on to play with CoJo, Carroll and JV...

Also no way in hell are you going to sign Horford for a deal starting at 16M when his max is the same as KD's and will start at ~25M.

It's also CoJo not CuJo. This is CuJo:

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        KD and Horford are not gonna sign on to play with CoJo, Carroll and JV...

Also no way in hell are you going to sign Horford for a deal starting at 16M when his max is the same as KD's and will start at ~25M.

No way NBA lets CuJo play with that thing if they banned LBJ batman mask

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
                          Apparently Tristan Thompson is a strong target for Toronto for Summer 2016 ...

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/08...ng-home-story/
                          If TT comes you either need DD to hit 3s or JV to become Horford-esque in his long2 game.

I'm not a fan of TT. He is one dimensional and limited on O.

Also if you do sign him, who goes? Cause he ain't signing for $6m

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            If TT comes you either need DD to hit 3s or JV to become Horford-esque in his long2 game.

I'm not a fan of TT. He is one dimensional and limited on O.

Also if you do sign him, who goes? Cause he ain't signing for $6m
                            Agree I just really don't see the appeal of TT. All he's good at is offensive rebounding. That's not worth the money he's going to cost next year.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              KD and Horford are not gonna sign on to play with CoJo, Carroll and JV...

i dont care what you think.

i think it could happen so your thoughts on the opposite are irrelevant to me.

it is possible, just like your theory that we need demar in order to get a free agent.

its opinions, mine are no less plausible than yours.

**insert random image for something no one cares about here.**

Comment

• All I'm saying is it's gonna be really tough running CuJo at point. Dude has a temper, if he wacks a guy with his stick that's a 5 minute major penalty and we're playing 5 on 4 in the 4th quarter.

Imma stick with Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                                X