Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuh wrote: View Post
    Apparently Tristan Thompson is a strong target for Toronto for Summer 2016 ...

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/08...ng-home-story/
    TT trying to use us as leverage.

There's no way MU is giving him a max contract.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      All I'm saying is it's gonna be really tough running CuJo at point. Dude has a temper, if he wacks a guy with his stick that's a 5 minute major penalty and we're playing 5 on 4 in the 4th quarter.

Imma stick with Lowry.
      Lowry has a temper as well

Just saying

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Agree I just really don't see the appeal of TT. All he's good at is offensive rebounding. That's not worth the money he's going to cost next year.
        If MU wants a better over player that rebounds like a mad men just trade for Faried. No need to give TT the max to just get offensive rebounds

Comment

• James Johnson is really the forgotten man of this team. IMO, if he plays a big role on this team this year again, he deserves a contract in the same range that Cory Joseph got.

Sadly, it probably means that he won't be back with the team next season...

What do you guys think?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            James Johnson is really the forgotten man of this team. IMO, if he plays a big role on this team this year again, he deserves a contract in the same range that Cory Joseph got.

Sadly, it probably means that he won't be back with the team next season...

What do you guys think?
            I agree completely. JJ is so underused/underappreciated. The man is never going to be a jump shooter, but he does we he can do very well. He is a big body and athletic as shit for his size. I'm looking for him to have a good year coming off the bench with Corey Jo and T ross. More people shooting 3's means he can show off his footwork in the paint.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
              I agree completely. JJ is so underused/underappreciated. The man is never going to be a jump shooter, but he does we he can do very well. He is a big body and athletic as shit for his size. I'm looking for him to have a good year coming off the bench with Corey Jo and T ross. More people shooting 3's means he can show off his footwork in the paint.
              Lack of wing depth means JJ won't be used as a 4 alot. If 2Pats loses the starting job CoJo-Ross-JJ-2Pat + random big might be good

Comment

• JJ gonna be nicknamed plan b because he was never used
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• I like JJ a fair bit, but Carroll has made him pretty expendable. The primary need for him last year was that the perimeter defense sucked. That's DC's job now. JJ will still provide perimeter D off the bench, but with Ross also coming off the bench JJ may have even less of an impact than last year.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I like JJ a fair bit, but Carroll has made him pretty expendable. The primary need for him last year was that the perimeter defense sucked. That's DC's job now. JJ will still provide perimeter D off the bench, but with Ross also coming off the bench JJ may have even less of an impact than last year.
                    Unless the Raptors adopt a defensive lineup to close-out games that they're leading... oh wait, DC is coaching... hahaha as if.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      I like JJ a fair bit, but Carroll has made him pretty expendable. The primary need for him last year was that the perimeter defense sucked. That's DC's job now. JJ will still provide perimeter D off the bench, but with Ross also coming off the bench JJ may have even less of an impact than last year.
                      I just dont understand how an athletic 6'9 250lb man who plays within his means becomes expendable. Some stats from last season (BasketballReference):

TS% - 61.7 (2nd best on the team)
                      PER - 17.9 (4th best on team)
                      WS - 4.1 (6th best)

I realize I might be cherry picking stats but I think JJ has way more value than he is given credit for.

(On a side note, Hansbrough's FTr is .842, which is hilarious)
                      Last edited by 92TillInfinity; Thu Sep 3, 2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Hans free throw rate was insanely high because he would be completely open under the net but he would intentionally jump to a defender to get a foul call instead of taking the easy layup.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                          I just dont understand how an athletic 6'9 250lb man who plays within his means becomes expendable. Some stats from last season (BasketballReference):

TS% - 61.7 (2nd best on the team)
                          PER - 17.9 (4th best on team)
                          WS - 4.1 (6th best)

I realize I might be cherry picking stats but I think JJ has way more value than he is given credit for.

(On a side note, Hansbrough's FTr is .842, which is hilarious)
                          I think the bold is the key. Unfortunately, both times he's been a Raptor, he inevitably starts to act as though he's a scorer. He also begins to cheat his defensive assignment to look for steals and blocks, often getting caught out of position on his scramble rotations. I think both miscues drives DC nuts, when JJ forgets (or ignores) his role.

Comment

• May 17th - draft lottery!

June 23rx - DRAFT!!

Comment

• JJ gets a run as the primary bench 3 and minutes at 4 when we go small if Casey is smart.

But we all know Carroll's gonna take those small-4 minutes away.... as Casey is a idiot who has no idea who to play where.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Joe Johnson could be our Paul Pierce. He'll probably look to sign with a contender, and if he's willing to take a paycut, I think we should take a look at him.

If Horford is willing to take a bit less than a max. contract to sign with us, we would be able to bring them both in. Of course, in this scenario, DeMar would not be back.

They would be reunited from their years together in ATL, and Horford would also find Carroll back. I think that our roster would have the perfect mix of experience and youngsters.

Related to another thread, but I think that it's the best in between of my best case scenario / most realistic scenario.

Surrounded with good role players, this squad could make big noise... What y'all think?

http://www.quirksandquiddities.ca/wp...oe-johnson.jpg
                                Last edited by charlesnba23; Tue Sep 15, 2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X