Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, Steph(couldn't stay on the court) etc.
    So... 'guy who can't shoot', 'guy who got waived', and 'guy with glass ankles' are his comparables?
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      So... 'guy who can't shoot', 'guy who got waived', and 'guy with glass ankles' are his comparables?
      Yeah, they all got more money than him. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if he took a discount.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised. He signed a 9.5 mil deal while all his peers were geting 12 mil.
        holy shit, this isn't even remotely true.

almost everyone was crucifying Colangelo for that contract at the time. Derozan was, quite frankly, not actually a very good player when he signed that deal.

Stop making up bullshit

Comment

Yeah, they all got more money than him. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if he took a discount.
          DeMar was also a long way from an All-Star at that point. The season before his extension he had a 12.8 PER and .054 WS/48 on 25% usage.

He was a high-volume chucker, and not a good one. So his contract was entirely on upside. Which he mostly fulfilled this year, to his credit. But he didn't have a great resume when he signed that extension. Now he has 2 All-Star teams to his credit and a much better resume.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            holy shit, this isn't even remotely true.

almost everyone was crucifying Colangelo for that contract at the time. Derozan was, quite frankly, not actually a very good player when he signed that deal.

Stop making up bullshit
            All those guys signed there deals off potential. Known of them was really based on production.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, Steph(couldn't stay on the court) etc.
              Dude,you should respect yourself enough to not make ridiculous comments. Demar was NOWHERE near those guys at that point. It was already considered a MASSIVE overpay. You saying he took a discount compared to his peers is such a loser argument. How the hell do you even have the heart to write such asinine thing? This is beyond homer-ism.

Comment

• By PER and WS/48, this is the list of DeMar's comparables from 2011/12, the year before his extension:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...t=&order_by=ws

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  DeMar was also a long way from an All-Star at that point. The season before his extension he had a 12.8 PER and .054 WS/48 on 25% usage.

He was a high-volume chucker, and not a good one. So his contract was entirely on upside. Which he mostly fulfilled this year, to his credit. But he didn't have a great resume when he signed that extension. Now he has 2 All-Star teams to his credit and a much better resume.
                  They all signed extensions based on potential. Second contract your paying for what a player might do.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I don't know why everyone is getting upset about me agreeing that DD could take a discount? Doesn't seem like a guy that cares all that much about money. Not saying he'll sign for less than 20 mill but, would I be surprised if he left a couple mill on the table? No.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

They all signed extensions based on potential. Second contract your paying for what a player might do.
                      Here:

2011 numbers for all:

DeMar: 16/3/2 on 42/26/81 shooting splits, -8 net rating, 12.8 PER, .054 WS/48
                      Curry: 14/3/6 on 49/45/80 shooting splits, +4 net rating, 21.2 PER, .144 WS/48
                      Jennings: 19/3/5 on 41/33/80 shooting splits, -1 net rating, 18.4 PER, .114 WS/48
                      Lawson: 16/3/6 on 48/36/82 shooting splits, +8 net rating, 19.4 PER, .157 WS/48

They weren't comparable!

The other guys were already really good players.

Comment

point being there wasn't much about his play that suggested he might be good.

he worked very hard to prevent his contract from being another Bargnani extension.

Comment

• Player value seems to be assessed like real estate. When a house on your street goes for x amount of dollars, all the houses on the same street are valued around the same. Doesn't matter which ones are renovated and which ones a dump.

Comment

I don't know why everyone is getting upset about me agreeing that DD could take a discount? Doesn't seem like a guy that cares all that much about money. Not saying he'll sign for less than 20 mill but, would I be surprised if he left a couple mill on the table? No.
                            No IDGF if you say he might thats just your opinion. But I AM upset/ disgusted/ feeling nauseous cuz you said he took a pay cut compared to his "peers". THATS bullshit. so dont change the narrative here.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                              No IDGF if you say he might thats just your opinion. But I AM upset/ disgusted/ feeling nauseous cuz you said he took a pay cut compared to his "peers". THATS bullshit. so dont change the narrative here.
                              Chill out

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                Chill out
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X