Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball4life wrote: View Post
    No IDGF if you say he might thats just your opinion. But I AM upset/ disgusted/ feeling nauseous cuz you said he took a pay cut compared to his "peers". THATS bullshit. so dont change the narrative here.
    Relax man don't have a heart attack. Didn't know this was such a touchy subject for you. If makes you feel better DD didn't take a pay cut.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      huh?
      You got sensitive as hell

It's not that serious

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        You got sensitive as hell

It's not that serious
        Meh.. I dont know how/why you would come to that conclusion but I assume the voice in your mind is different. With that being said, I really wanted to stop this false propaganda that dude is on. Ill give you that.

Comment

• DeMar may take a paycut for that 5th year, but let's be clear on what constitutes a small pay cut.

A 4 year max deal with another team would be worth 111M.

So a 5/110M deal makes literally zero sense. The point of the 5th year is to add more salary guarantee, not less.

So the minimum I would expect would be something like 5/130M. 26M flat per year, is a little less than what he'd make on a max deal elsewhere (28M per year) but comes with an additional 19M guaranteed extra cash.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I think Demar at the max is dangerous and I'm a Demar supporter. I would really like Demar to continue to improve and show that he deserves that contract, but I fear what happens to players that cannot live up to their contracts. They end up being labelled as toxic contracts or cap killer deals or what not. And correct me if I'm wrong, but alot of players in that situation often end up being tossed around the league or wind up on crappy teams or out of the league all together. I wouldn't want Demar to go out like that regardless of how he plays in the future. I wouldn't want Demar to be Rudy Gayed at some point. So hopefully he continues to improve and gets a contract he deserves (which I don't think is the max, and I don't think you can dish out a vet max based on potential, if indeed one thinks that Demar isn't a finished product).

Comment

• Rumor has it that Seth Curry will decline his option and become a restricted free agent. Not sure what it would take for Sac to not match, but he could be a cheap wing shooter, which would be beneficial; especially if we look to trade any of our current wings.

Comment

• http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...hree-Year-Deal

Interesting.

Comment

• I think demar is going to seriously regret some things if Masai decides it's not worth it and he ends up in LA putting up big stats and never seeing the playoffs again when all he had to do was move the ball a little more when he was here

Comment

• I like Dudley.. he was pretty bad in LAC, but has been good in Washington and in Phoenix (with Nash at point). Definitely a role player though. But looks smart, and has a great 3pt shot (.420 on 3pt% this year). Not sure about his defense.

Raptors need a starting caliber PF not another role player. If we're strapped because all we have is the MLE and trades are going nowhere, I'd give him a shot (but it does look like he wants more than the mid-level can offer).

And also this assume Biz rejects the MLE as he's more valuable.

Comment

• If Biz opts in to the second year, would the raps then have his bird rights in 2017?

Perhaps Masai convinces Biz to exercise his option this year with hopes of rewarding him in 2017 when they can exceed the cap to resign him. I know it's illegal but I'm sure it happens.

Is this possible?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        If Biz opts in to the second year, would the raps then have his bird rights in 2017?

Perhaps Masai convinces Biz to exercise his option this year with hopes of rewarding him in 2017 when they can exceed the cap to resign him. I know it's illegal but I'm sure it happens.

Is this possible?
                        i don't think that is illegal. smith got caught signing a low level contract and taking side money to compensate. it just makes no sense for biz to do this. if he gets injured during year there is no obligation for masai to do what he said. biz needs to get what he can this year. last year he was close to being a wash out. he is a limited played. he should get whatever guaranteed money he can.

Comment

• With Biz, he has essentially three options as they relate to the raptors:

1. Opt into his contract for next year
                          2. Opt out of his contract and resign with the Raptors for roughly the same money he's making now.
                          3. Opt out of his contract and sign somewhere else for a significant raise.

Options 1 and 2 leave money on the table compared to option 3. Options 1 and 2 have different upsides/downsides if Biz wants to stay with the Raptors either in the short term or in the longer term, but both of them hinge on Biz wanting to remain with the team badly enough to leave several million in salary on the table.

An extended playoff run (making the finals, or at the very least, taking the Cavs to seven games) combined with being part of a winning program which has helped him blossom should hold some weight with Biz, but the question remains whether it'll be enough to keep him here.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                            With Biz, he has essentially three options as they relate to the raptors:

1. Opt into his contract for next year
                            2. Opt out of his contract and resign with the Raptors for roughly the same money he's making now.
                            3. Opt out of his contract and sign somewhere else for a significant raise.

Options 1 and 2 leave money on the table compared to option 3. Options 1 and 2 have different upsides/downsides if Biz wants to stay with the Raptors either in the short term or in the longer term, but both of them hinge on Biz wanting to remain with the team badly enough to leave several million in salary on the table.

An extended playoff run (making the finals, or at the very least, taking the Cavs to seven games) combined with being part of a winning program which has helped him blossom should hold some weight with Biz, but the question remains whether it'll be enough to keep him here.
                            The scenario I'm hoping plays out is that Biz opts out, but the Raptors resign him for the full mid-level.

He's scheduled to make $2.9M next season if he exercises his option. Because the Raps will most likely be over the cap (with all their cap holds), they'll have the full MLE which will be under $6M.

$6M may not be more than he could make as a UFA on the open market. But if he loves playing in Toronto, he may want take that deal. He then has his Bird Rights in 2017 and can sign a longer term deal then.

Teams will have a boat load of cash to spend though. Indiana is a perfect team that could use a guy like Biyombo as a backup big. I'd say its 30-70 that he's a Raptor next year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I like Dudley.. he was pretty bad in LAC, but has been good in Washington and in Phoenix (with Nash at point). Definitely a role player though. But looks smart, and has a great 3pt shot (.420 on 3pt% this year). Not sure about his defense.

Raptors need a starting caliber PF not another role player. If we're strapped because all we have is the MLE and trades are going nowhere, I'd give him a shot (but it does look like he wants more than the mid-level can offer).

And also this assume Biz rejects the MLE as he's more valuable.
                              What I would like to see is the Raps drafting their PF, resigning BB and signing Dudley.

Valanciunas/Biyombo/Nogueira
                              Rookie/Patterson/Bench
                              Carroll/Dudley/Caboclo
                              Powell/Ross/Bench
                              Lowry/Joseph/Wright

Comment

• Does anyone know if it's financially possible to
                                Sign Batun
                                Re-up Biz (and maybe Scola for vet presence and added depth)
                                Draft a young PF (Rabb/Chriss)

Our team would look something like this which I wouldn't be mad at.

KL/CoJo/Wright
                                Batum/Norm
                                DC/TRoss/Bruno
                                Rabb/PP/Scola
                                JV/Biyombo/Bebe

I'm a pretty big Derozan guy but I feel that Batum would definitely bring a better brand of team basketball on BOTH ends of the floor. Also, that wing rotation is so nasty on defense, opposing wing players wouldn't catch a break. Kinda sucks to throw a young player like Rabb to the wolves so to speak but I think his defense and rebounding, as well as overall hustle could make him an immediate contributor.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X