Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katman wrote: View Post
    He's not going to take enough of a cut to make a difference in our cap room
    Not this summer but next year and the years after it could make a big difference.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demar is not going taking a pay cut. Trust me. 5 year max.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Guys who wanna win take pay cuts all the time. Duncan, Dirk, and West all jump immediately to mind. And they took pay cuts way way way more than I'd expect DD to take.

That said, you know DD's agent is going to be pushing hard for DD to go to LAL due to all the extra endorsement income he would generate there.
        I don't really think you can expect someone to take a meaningful pay cut for a team with no history of success, with a decent-above average coach when they haven't had hit their big contract yet.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Demar is not going taking a pay cut. Trust me. 5 year max.
          I would bet on less than the full 5 year max but more guaranteed money than the 4 year max (over 5 years of term).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dont worry everyone, Drake has a line in his new album giving a shoutout to KD, must bode well for MU in free agency

Comment

• Joakim Noah

Might be cheap due to his recent injury history.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Did those guys take cuts during the prime of their careers, while hitting free agency for the 1st time?
                nope. Although Dirk turned down max money from LA and Houston a couple of years ago, reportedly.

It would be stupid for derozan not to take as much money as he can get. There will be a team offering him the max. My basketball opinion is that it shouldn't be us, but I'm pretty sure we will.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  I don't really think you can expect someone to take a meaningful pay cut for a team with no history of success, with a decent-above average coach when they haven't had hit their big contract yet.
                  It's not our fault DD was playing like shit when he was set to hit RFA so he took the extension instead. If he had been a max level player by then he'd already be making max level money. Lots of guys get a max contract coming off their rookie deal.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    nope. Although Dirk turned down max money from LA and Houston a couple of years ago, reportedly.

It would be stupid for derozan not to take as much money as he can get. There will be a team offering him the max. My basketball opinion is that it shouldn't be us, but I'm pretty sure we will.
                    I'm torn on this, but the success of Portland after losing Aldridge for nothing (they got better) makes me not desperate to hang on to DD at any cost. I could easily see the team being improved with Norm starting at the 2 next year instead of DD.

Comment

• If MU seems destined to renew DeRozan at max/near-max, coupled with the limited options available for improvement (ie: not enough cap space to sign another max type player), I wonder if the emergence of Ross/Powell has made Carroll (soon to be 30, making $14M/$15M/$15.5M over the next 3 seasons) expendable?

The Raptors desperately need an upgrade at the starting PF spot, and I'm not convinced that any draft pick is going to be ready to fulfill that role next season. Some combination of Ross/Patterson/Joseph and prospects/picks could be used as trade bait, but that would only serve to deplete quality rotation depth at another position(s).

DeRozan (expiring but likely to re-sign), JV (likely long-term centre-piece), Carroll (big long-term contract) and Lowry (one year left, not making much more than Ross, Patterson or Joseph) are the players that could be moved, in order to open up sufficient cap space to chase a solid free agent.

Given the wing depth, it seems like DeRozan or Carroll would be the obvious choices. Carroll could become the odd-man out, either to acquire a PF via trade, or to essentially dump so that his cap space could be used on another player.

This offseason is going to be fun to watch play, as a Raptors fan.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        If MU seems destined to renew DeRozan at max/near-max, coupled with the limited options available for improvement (ie: not enough cap space to sign another max type player), I wonder if the emergence of Ross/Powell has made Carroll (soon to be 30, making $14M/$15M/$15.5M over the next 3 seasons) expendable?

The Raptors desperately need an upgrade at the starting PF spot, and I'm not convinced that any draft pick is going to be ready to fulfill that role next season. Some combination of Ross/Patterson/Joseph and prospects/picks could be used as trade bait, but that would only serve to deplete quality rotation depth at another position(s).

DeRozan (expiring but likely to re-sign), JV (likely long-term centre-piece), Carroll (big long-term contract) and Lowry (one year left, not making much more than Ross, Patterson or Joseph) are the players that could be moved, in order to open up sufficient cap space to chase a solid free agent.

Given the wing depth, it seems like DeRozan or Carroll would be the obvious choices. Carroll could become the odd-man out, either to acquire a PF via trade, or to essentially dump so that his cap space could be used on another player.

This offseason is going to be fun to watch play, as a Raptors fan.
                        Let DD walk, trade Lowry, I'm ready for a fresh start. This team isn't gonna win shit.

-watching game 6 currently (needed to note this for posterity sake)

Comment

It's not our fault DD was playing like shit when he was set to hit RFA so he took the extension instead. If he had been a max level player by then he'd already be making max level money. Lots of guys get a max contract coming off their rookie deal.
                          Any reasonable person in his position would take as much money as they can in contract negotiations. Would anyone here say, "Yeah pay me 75-80% of what I could make so that I can work in a pretty good company?"

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                            Any reasonable person in his position would take as much money as they can in contract negotiations. Would anyone here say, "Yeah pay me 75-80% of what I could make so that I can work in a pretty good company?"
                            Fuck him, he's garbage. Let the Lakers pay him out the ass to shoot 3-13 every game.

Comment

Fuck him, he's garbage. Let the Lakers pay him out the ass to shoot 3-13 every game.
                              Well, only in games that matter. Aside from that, he shows a lot of good things!

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                Joakim Noah

Might be cheap due to his recent injury history.
                                He's probably finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X