Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    I like the Ilyasova move, but I don't know how we get it done. I think BB is the priority
    Aren't these playoffs proving just how low a priority Bismack should be? Not only because of JV beasting, but Biyombo has not been particularly good and his offensive ineptness is hurting us more in the playoffs.

He's a good enough backup, but he's really just not that good a player to care if he leaves.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat May 7, 2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Aren't these playoffs proving just how low a priority Bismack should be? Not only because of JV beasting, but Biyombo has not been particularly good and his offensive ineptness is hurting us more in the playoffs.

He's a good enough backup, but he's really just not that goog a player to care if he leaves.

The playoffs should definitely show how much of a priority Jonas' backup is. JV should be leading the team in minutes next year. He's young enough and good enough.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        The playoffs should definitely show how much of a priority Jonas' backup is. JV should be leading the team in minutes next year. He's young enough and good enough.
        Yep! Nogueira is the backup next season and JV is playing 34 a game.

Comment

Except he's not a PF. Not a good plan to me. Jones is a better stopgap with some potential to improve still.

He prefers to play pf and the league is going small. He'd be fine. We've now seen how jv plays when they play small ball consistently.

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
            Jared Dudley can be our solid stop-gap pf.
            I think I would stop watching the Raptors if this happened. I seriously hope I missed the sarcasm in your post.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
              He prefers to play pf and the league is going small. He'd be fine. We've now seen how jv plays when they play small ball consistently.
              He prefers the 4 spot because he can't guard the wing anymore and is just trying to hold on to a paycheque. No way this guy should play as a starting 4 on any team in the league.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

He's a good enough backup, but he's really just not that good a player to care if he leaves.

He has not looked great, but his value is not only on the court in the playoffs. He played very well when JV was out injured, helping the team secure the #2 seed in the East. He has shown growth from the free throw line, and while his hands are not great, he does look more comfortable than his years in Charlote.

Bebe brings some upside as a shotblocker, but he does not have that edge that BB has, that should not be undervalued. That said, let's not overpay to keep him.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Not sure what his going rate would be but I like Teletovic as our backup 4
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I know that Bazemore's name came up and questions about his cost, saw somewhere on SI the other day that referenced him getting $10M.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      I know that Bazemore's name came up and questions about his cost, saw somewhere on SI the other day that referenced him getting $10M.
                      I think that is the floor...he probably lands at around 13 - 15 in my opinion
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        He has not looked great, but his value is not only on the court in the playoffs. He played very well when JV was out injured, helping the team secure the #2 seed in the East. He has shown growth from the free throw line, and while his hands are not great, he does look more comfortable than his years in Charlote.

Bebe brings some upside as a shotblocker, but he does not have that edge that BB has, that should not be undervalued. That said, let's not overpay to keep him.
                        I think BB has pretty fake "edge". He's all show, but the guy is relatively small and doesn't actually play that physical. When he tries he ends up fouling a lot.

He's a solid defensive/rebounding backup. He's horrible offensively, and his intangibles are vastly overrated. I don't get this "no one's going to punk us with BB on the floor!" mentality. He has little to no impact in that area.

I also agree Bebe lacks "edge". He's always seemed "soft" or at least "aloof". But this isn't a judgment on which one to keep between the two and use, it's a judgment on whether it makes any sense to make bringing Biyombo back a priority and it should not be at all. We should see where we can get good value, just like we did to find Biyombo. Get a guy who kind of slips through the cracks because they're pretty unspectacular but still a solid player.

Comment

I think BB has pretty fake "edge". He's all show, but the guy is relatively small and doesn't actually play that physical. When he tries he ends up fouling a lot.

He's a solid defensive/rebounding backup. He's horrible offensively, and his intangibles are vastly overrated. I don't get this "no one's going to punk us with BB on the floor!" mentality. He has little to no impact in that area.

I also agree Bebe lacks "edge". He's always seemed "soft" or at least "aloof". But this isn't a judgment on which one to keep between the two and use, it's a judgment on whether it makes any sense to make bringing Biyombo back a priority and it should not be at all. We should see where we can get good value, just like we did to find Biyombo. Get a guy who kind of slips through the cracks because they're pretty unspectacular but still a solid player.
                          I like Biyombo as a backup but really not more that 8M/year for 3-4 years. He's going to get more than that and if he does then Raps can let him walk.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            I like Biyombo as a backup but really not more that 8M/year for 3-4 years. He's going to get more than that and if he does then Raps can let him walk.
                            Yeah, well "low" estimates were maybe he'd settle for the full MLE amount. I think at this point even that is too much, but at least we can use it even if we're capped so it's unlikely it'd affect our pursuit of others. This is pretty much the only scenario where I'm at all ok overpaying him, and it would also likely mean we've decided on our other moves first (thus he'd still be a low priority even if brought back).

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              Not sure what his going rate would be but I like Teletovic as our backup 4
                              If Patterson is e starter it would mean the back up would be a clone....not sure I like that. If we somehow use PP in a trade foe an upgrade at the 4 spot, hen I would like that signing.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Jon Leuer fits in well here as a starting 4. He's gonna want to leave Phoenix after they had an awful year and having him & Patt as our 4's would be a great combo IMO.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X