Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    i'll take Baze at that over DD maxed out any day and every day
    If Bazemore wanted a 4 year deal averaging 13M, it would start at 12.2M. That would leave us 6.6M in cap room, we could offer 4x28M to Biyombo. Still a long shot...
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Maybe the Raptors let Demar walk.... and don't use the cap room? Take a (small) step back and win 45 games. Maybe they don't take any steps back and the team looks better with ball movement. With the cap going up they'd have max room in 2017 free agency right?

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
        Maybe the Raptors let Demar walk.... and don't use the cap room? Take a (small) step back and win 45 games. Maybe they don't take any steps back and the team looks better with ball movement. With the cap going up they'd have max room in 2017 free agency right?
        But the main reason for a lack of ball movement would still remain....Casey.

Comment

Maybe the Raptors let Demar walk.... and don't use the cap room? Take a (small) step back and win 45 games. Maybe they don't take any steps back and the team looks better with ball movement. With the cap going up they'd have max room in 2017 free agency right?
          They would, though if they end up wanting to keep Lowry and Patterson, that could get eaten into. Remember, the max is a good bit higher next summer.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            They would, though if they end up wanting to keep Lowry and Patterson, that could get eaten into. Remember, the max is a good bit higher next summer.
            But if you let DeMar walk, trade Kyle this summer, that's plenty of cap room, even more if Ross is gone. Not as attractive as playing with Lowry, but how many All Stars did Orlando, Pheonix or Milwaukee have? And they were considered by some pretty big free agents without any prolonged track record of success.

Anyway, I can't think rationally about this right now. Maybe if the Raptors play rationally it will clear my head.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Do the Raptors get bird rights for them? Sign them last and go over the cap once the big FA has landed?

Comment

Do the Raptors get bird rights for them? Sign them last and go over the cap once the big FA has landed?
                Lowry and Patterson's cap holds would prevent that strategy. DanH, correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Lowry and Patterson's cap holds would prevent that strategy. DanH, correct me if I'm wrong.
                  Depends who is left on the roster. It's certainly possible with no DD, no DC, no Ross etc.

Patterson's hold would be just over than $9M. Lowry's twice that at $18M. If the cap is going up to $108M there should be some breathing room. It's going to be an interesting summer.
                  Last edited by Mess; Tue May 10, 2016, 02:33 PM.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                    Depends who is left on the roster. It's certainly possible with no DD, no DC, no Ross etc.

Patterson's hold would be just over than $9M. Lowry's twice that at $18M. If the cap is going up to $108M there should be some breathing room. It's going to be an interesting summer.
                    Yeah, but no DC, no Ross is a pretty big $25M assumption.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Correct. I'll have to dig into the math, obviously, but first glance says we have about 16M in cap space if we plan to keep both PP and Lowry without trading anyone else away. If we plan on max cap room, either we plan to walk away from those guys or we have to make changes with trades before then to make those plans possible.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If Raptors let DD walk, why do we assume the Raptors become a worse team?

Even during the regular season it was tough to see a positive impact that DD had on the team when he stepped on the floor

Comment

• Are we assuming that Orlando matches any offer on Evan Fournier? He could be worth looking at. I doubt Utah even thinks about getting rid of Hood, but worth a call as well. Other young wings to look at, who could be really good in a few years I would look at are Gary Harris and Mario Hezonja.

Comment

• sup, new poster here...saying hello. For the offseason, I would like raptors to target Jeremy Lin. Get rid of DDerozan, go all in for Lin. Get a cheaper shooting guard, maybe fournier, and we will be in good condition. Also bring back vince!

for the doubters, watch the highlights of the hornets game 5 vs heat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e66l276Toog

Lin is still under rated, I think we might be able to get him at 10M, but got to make a decent pitch
                            Last edited by bigfatbob; Tue May 10, 2016, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Guys no more mediocrity... We are better then that. We need to let demar walk and get a legit all star or near all star player. My list in order would be:

1. KD
                              2. Al horford
                              3. Nic batum

Only three worth seriously going after in FA. If you can't make any of them work, make a trade. It's time to make the jump.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                Guys no more mediocrity... We are better then that. We need to let demar walk and get a legit all star or near all star player. My list in order would be:

1. KD
                                2. Al horford
                                3. Nic batum

Only three worth seriously going after in FA. If you can't make any of them work, make a trade. It's time to make the jump.
                                Nic Batum is over rated, and as a max player not worth it...trust me I was watching a bunch of hornets games this season.
                                He is a hardcore turnover machine...you thought T.Ross was bad, nic batum makes T ross look like kyrie irving. He just has no handles what so ever, but he likes to dribble anyway. He makes alot of dumb passes too. On top of that hes a diva, whenever he has a stretch of bad games he will suddenly have an "injury". Most of the success of the hornets this season, especially after ASB was due to kemba walker/jeremy lin and marvin williams. You take even one of those three out of hornets, and they would not even have made it to 8th seed.

Kevin Durant is not happening...would love it to but its simply not happening. Not sure about Al horford, didn't watch much of his game. Still, trust me when I say...Jeremy Lin >>> Corey Joseph. He is smart, a great defender, good vision, a good passer, plays the SG position as well as the PG. Lowry/Lin back court would be deadly, and it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg either.

Comment

Working...
                                X