Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigfatbob wrote: View Post
    Nic Batum is over rated, and as a max player not worth it...trust me I was watching a bunch of hornets games this season.
    He is a hardcore turnover machine...you thought T.Ross was bad, nic batum makes T ross look like kyrie irving. He just has no handles what so ever, but he likes to dribble anyway. He makes alot of dumb passes too. On top of that hes a diva, whenever he has a stretch of bad games he will suddenly have an "injury". Most of the success of the hornets this season, especially after ASB was due to kemba walker/jeremy lin and marvin williams. You take even one of those three out of hornets, and they would not even have made it to 8th seed.

Kevin Durant is not happening...would love it to but its simply not happening. Not sure about Al horford, didn't watch much of his game. Still, trust me when I say...Jeremy Lin >>> Corey Joseph. He is smart, a great defender, good vision, a good passer, plays the SG position as well as the PG. Lowry/Lin back court would be deadly, and it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg either.
    Should have specified -- no max for batum. I just feel like if it doesn't move the needle a lot it isn't worth doing. We've done enough of those, and at the end of the day we aren't gonna be true competitors until we have a real star. Kyle and Demar obviously can't cut it but I believe Kyle is worth keeping, demar isn't. JV is one of the best bigs in the league, carrol is the perfect pair for KD while Kyle is a really good fit as the point. All we need is a stretch 4 and KD to Toronto isn't so far fetched. He should want to come to the east and the Raps are the best fit in the east for him.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      Should have specified -- no max for batum. I just feel like if it doesn't move the needle a lot it isn't worth doing. We've done enough of those, and at the end of the day we aren't gonna be true competitors until we have a real star. Kyle and Demar obviously can't cut it but I believe Kyle is worth keeping, demar isn't. JV is one of the best bigs in the league, carrol is the perfect pair for KD while Kyle is a really good fit as the point. All we need is a stretch 4 and KD to Toronto isn't so far fetched. He should want to come to the east and the Raps are the best fit in the east for him.
      if okc gets passed spurs and the match against the warriors in the WCF is close, I don't see KD leaving. Otherwise if OKC gets knocked out by spurs, theres good chance KD leaves. Leaves for where? It could be anywhere but raptors are probably on his top 5 list at least. If raptors make it to the conference finals, our chances of landing durant also improves.

Comment

• bigfatbob wrote: View Post
        if okc gets passed spurs and the match against the warriors in the WCF is close, I don't see KD leaving. Otherwise if OKC gets knocked out by spurs, theres good chance KD leaves. Leaves for where? It could be anywhere but raptors are probably on his top 5 list at least. If raptors make it to the conference finals, our chances of landing durant also improves.
        This is totally biased but I really do think Tdot is the best place for KD to sign. Best fit for him.

Comment

This is totally biased but I really do think Tdot is the best place for KD to sign. Best fit for him.
          theres also something else I forgot...KD is lebrons *****, and I can see him chickening out from coming to the east.

Comment

• Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

bigfatbob wrote: View Post
            theres also something else I forgot...KD is lebrons *****, and I can see him chickening out from coming to the east.
            I think this team with a new coach, a new superstar and whatever happens with our lotto pick; whether it's a trade or the actual pick, would be able to beat Cleveland and probably compete pretty well for the whole thing. Also no demar. That's big.

Comment

• If GS can't afford to keep Harisson Barnes: Sign and trade him here for Terrence Ross.

I'm sure this guy could explode here. Risky move but totally worth it. I'd rather give big buckets to Barnes than to DeMar.

Comment

• Would a package of Ross + Knicks pick work for Ibaka?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                  If GS can't afford to keep Harisson Barnes: Sign and trade him here for Terrence Ross.

I'm sure this guy could explode here. Risky move but totally worth it. I'd rather give big buckets to Barnes than to DeMar.
                  man, golden state would be the perfect fir for ross too.

Comment

If GS can't afford to keep Harisson Barnes: Sign and trade him here for Terrence Ross.

As much as I think Demar is flawed, I like him more than Barnes offensively. I'd consider Barnes for his defensive versatility and shooting, but nothing more than that. He could never handle the usage Demar does and cant create for others. You definitely need more ball handling from somewhere. Overall, I think its too much of an overpay for Barnes.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      If Raptors let DD walk, why do we assume the Raptors become a worse team?

Even during the regular season it was tough to see a positive impact that DD had on the team when he stepped on the floor
                      I actually tend to agree with this actually.

Side note: I think OKC getting to the west finals is a terrible outcome for the dream of KD coming to Toronto. I figured the worse they did this year the better the chance he leaves.

I'm biased as well bet I think if KD was smart he'd recognize that he, Lowry, Carroll and JV can challenge in the east. Long shot but I like to dream

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                        I actually tend to agree with this actually.

Side note: I think OKC getting to the west finals is a terrible outcome for the dream of KD coming to Toronto. I figured the worse they did this year the better the chance he leaves.

I'm biased as well bet I think if KD was smart he'd recognize that he, Lowry, Carroll and JV can challenge in the east. Long shot but I like to dream
                        Maybe they get swept by Golden State and he says, "there is no way I can get a ring on this team," and leaves?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Maybe they get swept by Golden State and he says, "there is no way I can get a ring on this team," and leaves?
                          Right now I' not sure GS will sweep OKC...

As for the trade I proposed earlier, I agree that Toronto would need ballhandling. I see Barnes as a Forward for us, with Carroll.

JV/LN
                          HB/PP
                          DC
                          NP/JM
                          KL/CJ

This would be the 9 guys.

Comment

Right now I' not sure GS will sweep OKC...

As for the trade I proposed earlier, I agree that Toronto would need ballhandling. I see Barnes as a Forward for us, with Carroll.

JV/LN
                            HB/PP
                            DC
                            NP/JM
                            KL/CJ

This would be the 9 guys.
                            Is that Jamal Murray I see? How do you suppose we get him.

Comment

Draft

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Draft
                                I think he meant, how do you expect Murray to fall to us at the 8-11 range? Most mocks have him in the 4-6 range.

Comment

Working...
                                X