Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Well that's probably the end of the KD dream. Just goes to show the value of star power in the NBA that he and Westbrook and a solid but unspectacular supporting cast could take down the Spurs best ever regular-season squad, one that was rested and deep and healthy.
    Defence. Defence. Defence. Spurs' offense couldn't get going and OKC forced them into a lot of one-on-one stuff.

And Westbrook/Durant made more plays than Aldridge/Leonard.

It's actually better for basketball watchers cause OKC matches up better with GSW. Going to be a great series.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      to be fair, HOU has been a bit of a mess and he has been in and out with injury.

Do I want to spend bucks figuring out if we can make him fit? Not necessarily

THAT being said. Is it possible for HOU to trade us Motiejunas in an S&T for Ross?
      It's going to cost hardly nothing to bring him in. The whole point is he's a low risk, high upside player. I don't think it's ball IQ, I think it's what you eluded to, the mess in Houston. You get him in here working with this coaching staff and these vets he may just turn it around. We're talking worst case he's an end of the rotation player. Best case he's a starter making a difference.

He's a highly efficient player as well and usually to hit that as a big man with few opportunities to score, you need to really bring it because PER is more weighted to offense in the calculations. It's why you see one dimensional scorer hit it out of the park on the PER scale sometimes. He's not one of those guys.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        t

THAT being said. Is it possible for HOU to trade us Motiejunas in an S&T for Ross?
        Motiejūnas failed his physical when Houston tried to trade him this year and is very inconsistent scorer and isn't a very good defender from what I seen. I prefer to take a chance on a rookie PF in the draft instead of him and the baggage he is bringing. Maybe its just me but I would prefer to grab players from winning organizations and winning attitudes just like CoJo from Spurs and DC from Atlanta, when you bring someone from an organization like clusterfuck Houston, you might bring in something else which isn't good.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          Yah I'm pretty sure. When you think about it we beating Miami isn't the greatest accomplishment as their third best player is an 80 year old Joe Johnson and they literally don't play a centre. I'm all for this team and will be cheering for them at every step of the way but at the end of the day you need a star to get it done.
          the cavs are not playing a traditional center either by choice although they are still bigger than Mami is now.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Motiejūnas failed his physical when Houston tried to trade him this year and is very inconsistent scorer and isn't a very good defender from what I seen. I prefer to take a chance on a rookie PF in the draft instead of him and the baggage he is bringing. Maybe its just me but I would prefer to grab players from winning organizations and winning attitudes just like CoJo from Spurs and DC from Atlanta, when you bring someone from an organization like clusterfuck Houston, you might bring in something else which isn't good.
            Yeah I don't think we should force a long term answer at pf, if it doesn't make sense. Draft Chriss and use PPat or some free agent for two or three years while Chriss develops.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Yep, this is why a team like OKC can put away The Spurs in a 7 game series even though they have less wins then the Raptors.
              They have two of the the top five players in the league who played selfish ball during the season but the chemistry of the team has improved. Both westbrook and Durant have tasted the finals and given a very good spur team hell before. I believe we exceeded expectations during the season and were not playing loose until game 5 and took our foot off the gas today.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                They have two of the the top five players in the league who played selfish ball during the season but the chemistry of the team has improved. Both westbrook and Durant have tasted the finals and given a very good spur team hell before. I believe we exceeded expectations during the season and were not playing loose until game 5 and took our foot off the gas today.
                what about Jimmy Butler??

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  what about Jimmy Butler??
                  Definitely not top 5 in the league.

Top 5 is pretty set at Curry, Westbrook, Durant, Kawhi and Lebron

Comment

• I think Harrison Barnes would make a very good PF. Not sure how well the numbers work since he's a RFA and depending on our own FA decision *cough * Demar walk * cough* but he'd be a great fit between JV and Carroll on both sides of the ball.

Lowry, Ross, Carroll, Barnes, JV - that's some good defence with good shooting across the board. Still with Joseph, Powell, and Patterson off the bench + rookies and existing prospects.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      I think Harrison Barnes would make a very good PF. Not sure how well the numbers work since he's a RFA and depending on our own FA decision *cough * Demar walk * cough* but he'd be a great fit between JV and Carroll on both sides of the ball.

Lowry, Ross, Carroll, Barnes, JV - that's some good defence with good shooting across the board. Still with Joseph, Powell, and Patterson off the bench + rookies and existing prospects.
                      well he turned down the extension JV took, 4/64

How much is he gonna get this summer?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        I think Harrison Barnes would make a very good PF. Not sure how well the numbers work since he's a RFA and depending on our own FA decision *cough * Demar walk * cough* but he'd be a great fit between JV and Carroll on both sides of the ball.

Don't think we have the money to sign Barnes unless we let go of Ross.

Only way is if we sign him to an offer sheet early and GSW are too busy going after Durant.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          Don't think we have the money to sign Barnes unless we let go of Ross.

Only way is if we sign him to an offer sheet early and GSW are too busy going after Durant.
                          if demar leaves is money still an issue?

Comment

if demar leaves is money still an issue?
                            That was assuming Demar leaves.

We have like zero cap space if Demar stays and we don't make trades.

But letting him walk would still require us to trade someone else away as I highly expect Barnes to be signed for upwards of 20M, if not the max.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              That was assuming Demar leaves.

We have like zero cap space if Demar stays and we don't make trades.

But letting him walk would still require us to trade someone else away as I highly expect Barnes to be signed for upwards of 20M, if not the max.
                              for that kind of money he would need to take his game to the next level consistency wise

Comment

for that kind of money he would need to take his game to the next level consistency wise
                                Yeah I'm not a huge fan of him at that money.

I'm not paying near max for anyone that can't create their own shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X