No announcement yet.

Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm with Apollo, Terrance Jones is very intriguing. If we bring him in here and he puts it together, we have a very very scary team full of athletic freaks lol. Low risk high reward move I can see MU pulling a move like that this summer

Comment

• I think Masai will try to sign KD(like everyone else in the league). Al Horford will be his back up plan. If that fails than I see him doing Ross/2pat(raps pick if needed) for Ibaka. I think that trade would clear up cap space to bring back Biz as well.

Draft either Skal or Chriss big rotation is set. With Ibaka/JV/Biz getting most of the minutes.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I think Masai will try to sign KD(like everyone else in the league). Al Horford will be his back up plan. If that fails than I see him doing Ross/2pat(raps pick if needed) for Ibaka. I think that trade would clear up cap space to bring back Biz as well.

Draft either Skal or Chriss big rotation is set. With Ibaka/JV/Biz getting most of the minutes.
        July.1st he will sign Dechucker and your whole plan goes out the window.

Comment

I think Masai will try to sign KD(like everyone else in the league). Al Horford will be his back up plan. If that fails than I see him doing Ross/2pat(raps pick if needed) for Ibaka. I think that trade would clear up cap space to bring back Biz as well.

I don't think any of those things happen except Chriss.

Durant isn't leaving now that they've reached conference finals. Horford is said to want the max money from staying in Atlanta. Ibaka trade makes zero sense if Durant is back.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            July.1st he will sign Dechucker and your whole plan goes out the window.
            We can resign DD and still make all those scenarios happen.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Durant isn't leaving now that they've reached conference finals. Horford is said to want the max money from staying in Atlanta. Ibaka trade makes zero sense if Durant is back.
              All true but except picking Chriss part, i fully expect to be completely shocked and bewildered come draft night.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

OKC need more shooting if he stays. Also OKC is closing out game with Adam/Kanter. Ibaka is expandable for them right now.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

OKC need more shooting if he stays. Also OKC is closing out game with Adam/Kanter. Ibaka is expandable for them right now.
                  Expendable. And no he isn't. If they try to make that trade, Durant doesn't stay. It's a big downgrade for them.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Ibaka/Patterson at are 4 spot would be very very nice

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      All true but except picking Chriss part, i fully expect to be completely shocked and bewildered come draft night.
                      Agreed.

Although I think Chriss has every tool I think you can want from a player outside the top 5 AND I think he would usually be a "Masai-type" of pick. Something just feels off to me about what our choice will be. Obviously pure speculation but I just get the sense it's going to be another "stunning" pick that we're all going to need to "rationalize" that player's upside. Here's hoping we're dead wrong.

Comment

• i know i said this before but I really want lin on the team, more than durant even. The reason is clear, we saw it against the GSW tonight when durant pretty much choked the last 10 shots in final 4 minutes. Durant is NOT clutch. Jeremy Lin on the other hand may not be as talented as durant, but he is one of the most clutch players in the league. Im serious when I say this. Lin is more clutch than lowry, if not, then at least at the same level. He will come up with big time shots/plays in closing seconds and pretty much not even care since he does it so often. Its not even a big deal for him any more. His biggest role on the hornets was as a closer, he has that much ice in his veins. Only player I can honestly say is more clutch than Lin is Curry. Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FRrZrGup3U

Lin didn't have a good game up to that point, came in ice cold and just hit big time shots. This is only one video too, lin was doing it the entire season pretty much, even in playoffs against heat. Even last season, and the one before hes been big time clutch. Another fact: hornets didn't lose a single OT game this season, its like 5-0 for them, and a big part of that is lin going off at the right time. I know there will be interest for him from alot of teams, but I want raptors to go after him too, we can pitch to him a chance to be on a team that has been to the ECF and can make it to the finals
                        Last edited by bigfatbob; Tue May 17, 2016, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          Don't think we have the money to sign Barnes unless we let go of Ross.

Only way is if we sign him to an offer sheet early and GSW are too busy going after Durant.
                          Barnes is an upgrade to Ross, isn't he?

Comment

• There's only a few realistic options for addressing our power forward gap.

One is drafting - we probably end up with Chriss in that scenario (unless our pick skyrockets to #2 or 3 and we can somehow draft one of Bender/Simmons/Ingram). But that's not really a great solution for a team trying to compete in the present. Chriss is a longterm project, and not a contributor right now.

People's Serge Ibaka fantasies are just that. OKC is not trading him. They do not "undervalue" him. They are not stupid. Most other trade targets involving a power forward are either not worth it or not realistic. We can't afford Blake Griffin.

So that leaves free agency. We're not going to get Horford; Masai will try, but Horford is already on a steady contender with a good supporting cast, and he's only going elsewhere if it's a contender definitively better than Atlanta is, and we're a little better than Atlanta but not so obviously superior that Horford walks. After Horford there's a bunch of middling options.

I think Dwight Powell is the best option available. He's athletic and a good rebounder, and has an improving midrange jumper to complement his rim game. Dallas is, as usual, going to try and throw money at big name players like Dwight Howard and Kevin Durant and other people who simply aren't going to go to Dallas, so we can offer Powell - who is an RFA - a reasonable amount of money - $6-9m a year for three or four years, possibly work him in via the mid-level exception, and Dallas will either have to match or instead just let Powell go.

Powell is the sort of player Masai likes - an underrated player who contributes on both sides of the floor even though he's not getting hyped in the press. Plus he's Canadian. I think we go after him.

Comment

• I'd love too see PJ Tucker picked up as a back 3/4.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                There's only a few realistic options for addressing our power forward gap.

One is drafting - we probably end up with Chriss in that scenario (unless our pick skyrockets to #2 or 3 and we can somehow draft one of Bender/Simmons/Ingram). But that's not really a great solution for a team trying to compete in the present. Chriss is a longterm project, and not a contributor right now.

People's Serge Ibaka fantasies are just that. OKC is not trading him. They do not "undervalue" him. They are not stupid. Most other trade targets involving a power forward are either not worth it or not realistic. We can't afford Blake Griffin.

So that leaves free agency. We're not going to get Horford; Masai will try, but Horford is already on a steady contender with a good supporting cast, and he's only going elsewhere if it's a contender definitively better than Atlanta is, and we're a little better than Atlanta but not so obviously superior that Horford walks. After Horford there's a bunch of middling options.

I think Dwight Powell is the best option available. He's athletic and a good rebounder, and has an improving midrange jumper to complement his rim game. Dallas is, as usual, going to try and throw money at big name players like Dwight Howard and Kevin Durant and other people who simply aren't going to go to Dallas, so we can offer Powell - who is an RFA - a reasonable amount of money - $6-9m a year for three or four years, possibly work him in via the mid-level exception, and Dallas will either have to match or instead just let Powell go.

Powell is the sort of player Masai likes - an underrated player who contributes on both sides of the floor even though he's not getting hyped in the press. Plus he's Canadian. I think we go after him.
                                Powell's a decent depth guy, but not someone who will move the needle in any way. He might be on our contingency list, but I hope Masai aims higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X