Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Powell's a decent depth guy, but not someone who will move the needle in any way. He might be on our contingency list, but I hope Masai aims higher.
    Agreed. I really like Powell as a depth guy though. Big body, really athletic, Canadian. Plus, we can have the Ka-POW-ell lineup with him and Norm.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      We can resign DD and still make all those scenarios happen.
      No sir you can't. We don't have the cap space to sign Durant/Horford+Demar unless you're gonna somehow clear enough salary to sign a full max or hope for a S&T which would mean shipping out 21M I believe.

If we're keeping Lowry, Demar, Demarre and JV then in order to sign Durant/Horford we'd need to clear PPat, Ross and Joseph off our books I believe. It would also mean not signing Biyombo.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Barnes is an upgrade to Ross, isn't he?
        Sorry I didn't clarify. We'd need to get rid of Ross and let Demar walk.

Barnes isn't worth that price in my eyes.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          No sir you can't. We don't have the cap space to sign Durant/Horford+Demar unless you're gonna somehow clear enough salary to sign a full max or hope for a S&T which would mean shipping out 21M I believe.

If we're keeping Lowry, Demar, Demarre and JV then in order to sign Durant/Horford we'd need to clear PPat, Ross and Joseph off our books I believe. It would also mean not signing Biyombo.
          For Durant, I'm ok with this. You clear what you have to.

For Horford, I wouldn't move those guys.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            For Durant, I'm ok with this. You clear what you have to.

For Horford, I wouldn't move those guys.
            I agree in concept but we'd have to clear them in the moratorium period and risk Durant changes his mind.

But yeah nobody on my team is untouchable if we're signing Durant but if much rather go a route of keeping our bench and letting Demar go. But that obviously wouldn't happen as I don't think Durant signs without Kyle/Demar/Demarre/JV.

I'd rather have a KL/KD/DC/PP/JV lineup than a KL/DD/KD/DC/JV lineup.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Powell's a decent depth guy, but not someone who will move the needle in any way. He might be on our contingency list, but I hope Masai aims higher.
              Aim higher is fine, but Powell could be an underrated pick up. He showed good things in Dallas this year, he's young and athletic with a decent skill set for such a big man (ie isn't just a runner and dunked), and so maybe he could get better. He's also unlikely to command much money. He'd be pretty high on my list of PFs this offseason.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Aim higher is fine, but Powell could be an underrated pick up. He showed good things in Dallas this year, he's young and athletic with a decent skill set for such a big man (ie isn't just a runner and dunked), and so maybe he could get better. He's also unlikely to command much money. He'd be pretty high on my list of PFs this offseason.
                Agreed. He's basically the Biz from last year, of this years FA. Lol

Comment

• Dwight Powell would be a great pickup.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Agreed. He's basically the Biz from last year, of this years FA. Lol
                    In the sense of under the radar, definitely.

I like Powell's game more because he shows potential to be a good PF/C. With his tools he could play beside either Pat or JV, and that could be a very interesting piece to have.

That last bit is a big reason a guy like Horford is so appealing as well.
                    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Durant or Lebron.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        Durant or Lebron.
                        Demar

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                          Demar

Comment

• check out this video: Jeremy Lin rekking cavs and lebron james single handedly, without kemba walker on team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lCU7JFFSA

Say what you want, Lin may not be consistent but anybody that can blow out the cavs by 20 points without other big stars on the team should be offered a contract by raptors...STAT/PRONTO/ASAP

before you say it was batum that did the lifting-->WRONG, dude barely scored 10 points
                            Last edited by bigfatbob; Tue May 17, 2016, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• dude no one wants lin

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                                dude no one wants lin
                                yeah, thats just messed up. A player who can single handedly beat the spurs/cavaliers/heat (3 in a row)/raptors and still people dont want him. Seriously, that is just fukd up, especially when he will be a relatively cheap contract on the books.

I am usually right with my predictions and i'll say it now: if lin joins a good team in the east as 6th man, there will be big changes in the east standings. There will actually be a legit team in the east that can compete with the best of the best other than just the cavs.

Comment

Working...
                                X