No announcement yet.

Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Lin is not a different maker what the hell am I reading?
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• bigfatbob wrote: View Post
      check out this video: Jeremy Lin rekking cavs and lebron james single handedly, without kemba walker on team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lCU7JFFSA

Say what you want, Lin may not be consistent but anybody that can blow out the cavs by 20 points without other big stars on the team should be offered a contract by raptors...STAT/PRONTO/ASAP

before you say it was batum that did the lifting-->WRONG, dude barely scored 10 points
      Lin's a great backup PG, but what's the plan, have him, Kyle and CoJo all on the team?
      Is Lin that much better than CoJo? Because he certainly isn't good enough to take Kyle's starting job.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Jeremy Lin is not a different maker what the hell am I reading?
        LOL... Lebron beat the heck outta us.. we all gone crazy now we're looking for Lin the saviour to come put us over the top against the Cavs, Warriors, Spurs and Thunder. You read that right pal, you did.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          Lin's a great backup PG, but what's the plan, have him, Kyle and CoJo all on the team?
          Is Lin that much better than CoJo? Because he certainly isn't good enough to take Kyle's starting job.
          yes, have lowry and lin play the 1/2 together for part of the game, then lin/cojo for 2nd unit. CoJo is still backup pg but is the backup to Lin.

Lin is better than CoJo, I can say that without hesitation. CoJo doesn't have games where he balls at an MVP level like lin. Lin is also one of the most clutch players in league going by stats.

Our bench would also reach a different level with Lin running it, which is a very important advantage in the league to have, imo.
          Last edited by bigfatbob; Wed May 18, 2016, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            LOL... Lebron beat the heck outta us.. we all gone crazy now we're looking for Lin the saviour to come put us over the top against the Cavs, Warriors, Spurs and Thunder. You read that right pal, you did.
            Dude, nobody said anything about Lin the savior, but Lin would give us alot of depth for our second unit. Lin is a playmaker and has high BBIQ, he is capable of taking over a game when the team is in a slump, almost single handedly. An excellent 6th man for any team to have, something the raptors just don't have on the bench right now. Lin alone isn't enough, we still need to replace derozan and go for an SG who is also decent at shooting 3's. Evan Fournier would be cool but out of our budget. We could go for JR Smith, Danny Green, Vince Carter (yeah yeah I know), kyle korver, etc etc.

Comment

• bigfatbob wrote: View Post
              Dude, nobody said anything about Lin the savior, but Lin would give us alot of depth for our second unit. Lin is a playmaker and has high BBIQ, he is capable of taking over a game when the team is in a slump, almost single handedly. An excellent 6th man for any team to have, something the raptors just don't have on the bench right now. Lin alone isn't enough, we still need to replace derozan and go for an SG who is also decent at shooting 3's. Evan Fournier would be cool but out of our budget. We could go for JR Smith, Danny Green, Vince Carter (yeah yeah I know), kyle korver, etc etc.
              you have no idea what you just did when you said we need to replace Derozan with Jr Smith, Danny Green, Kyle Korver and Vince carter...

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                you have no idea what you just did when you said we need to replace Derozan with Jr Smith, Danny Green, Kyle Korver and Vince carter...
                id rather have Danny Green shoot 3s that have a better shot of going in than pay a max contract to watch Debrick chuck low percentage shots. I also want VC in a raps uniform before he retires, hopefully at vet min. Raps need to develop the other guys on the team to score more, I am certain alot of guys on the team can step up to the plate if given a shot, but debrickzen is making this impossible right now.

Comment

• Man, it's a pretty crap year for free agency. If we can't get a top guy like Horford (which seems unlikely), I hope we're just able to snag someone without having to overpay like crazy.

Might have to settle for picking up a couple of guys like a Powell and a Plumlee. At least pretty much anybody would be an improvement over what we got from Scola the last 2/3s of the year.

I wonder about the dollar value of some guys at PF. Powell is one. Jones is another. Ilyasova another (Detroit has a team option on him though I think). Will the cap jump really net these guys bigger deals? Feel like Jones and Ilyasova probably saw their stock drop over the last couple of seasons, and Powell is still a very under the radar guy.

But yeah, we may have to settle for guys that are not highly sought and just try to hope it turns out to be a steal. Or hope we strike gold in the draft...

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Man, it's a pretty crap year for free agency. If we can't get a top guy like Horford (which seems unlikely), I hope we're just able to snag someone without having to overpay like crazy.

Might have to settle for picking up a couple of guys like a Powell and a Plumlee. At least pretty much anybody would be an improvement over what we got from Scola the last 2/3s of the year.

I wonder about the dollar value of some guys at PF. Powell is one. Jones is another. Ilyasova another (Detroit has a team option on him though I think). Will the cap jump really net these guys bigger deals? Feel like Jones and Ilyasova probably saw their stock drop over the last couple of seasons, and Powell is still a very under the radar guy.

But yeah, we may have to settle for guys that are not highly sought and just try to hope it turns out to be a steal. Or hope we strike gold in the draft...
                    I believe Meyers Leonard is a restricted free agent. Depending on if Portland wants him or not, that could be a guy who gets less than Ilyasova bht provides similar skills. Not going to move the needle, and may end up being too expensive, but another guy to look at

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      I believe Meyers Leonard is a restricted free agent. Depending on if Portland wants him or not, that could be a guy who gets less than Ilyasova bht provides similar skills. Not going to move the needle, and may end up being too expensive, but another guy to look at
                      Could be an interesting choice to back up JV depending on his price, and obviously availability since he's restricted.

The plus side with Leonard is that if we can't get another PF with range to play ahead/behind Pat, Leonard gives that dynamic. He could maybe play some PF, but also could fit next to a guy with less range like Jones or Powell. The downside is the little I've seen of him I have not been particularly impressed with him on the other end. Does anyone have any insight into Leonard's D?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Could be an interesting choice to back up JV depending on his price, and obviously availability since he's restricted.

The plus side with Leonard is that if we can't get another PF with range to play ahead/behind Pat, Leonard gives that dynamic. He could maybe play some PF, but also could fit next to a guy with less range like Jones or Powell. The downside is the little I've seen of him I have not been particularly impressed with him on the other end. Does anyone have any insight into Leonard's D?
                        Don't really want Leonard. Watched a bit of Portland, especially in the beginning of the year. He is next to useless when his shot isn't falling, and is pretty slow. He basically fell out of the rotation after he came back from his injury in December.

Comment

• I'd be up for Meyers Leonard for a decent contract but you'd have to overpay him for Portland not to match. Unless they have some crazy ambitious plans for free agency they'll can hang on to their guys for now and then could always trade them later on.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Masai should be working the phones calling two teams during free agency. The Clippers for Blake Griffin and The Kings for DMC

For Blake you can structure a deal around DD/Ross and are 3 first round picks.

For DMC you can package JV/Ross and picks. JV has really improved his stock this playoffs to headline this trade. Kings want to make the playoffs next year so they want proven commodities and future picks. JV/Ross, 9th/27th overall pick this year and the clipper pick next year.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                              I'd be up for Meyers Leonard for a decent contract but you'd have to overpay him for Portland not to match. Unless they have some crazy ambitious plans for free agency they'll can hang on to their guys for now and then could always trade them later on.
                              Portland has already been connected to Dwight Howard. Obviously who the fuck knows if they have real interest, but I wouldn't think Leonard is a priority. Don't know what they'd be willing to match or if they would even tender a qualifying offer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Masai should be working the phones calling two teams during free agency. The Clippers for Blake Griffin and The Kings for DMC

For Blake you can structure a deal around DD/Ross and are 3 first round picks.

For DMC you can package JV/Ross and picks. JV has really improved his stock this playoffs to headline this trade. Kings want to make the playoffs next year so they want proven commodities and future picks. JV/Ross, 9th/27th overall pick this year and the clipper pick next year.
                                I don't want to trade JV unless it's for a bonafide top 5 guy. Neither Cousins or Griffin is that.

With what JV has shown in the playoffs, he's the guy you build around.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X