Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    I don't want to trade JV unless it's for a bonafide top 5 guy. Neither Cousins or Griffin is that.

With what JV has shown in the playoffs, he's the guy you build around.

A bonafide top 5 guy? so we're talkin LeBron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Davis, Leonard...type of players right? no one in their right mind would trade those type of players for JV. Come on.

I wouldn't even trade Cousins or Blake Griffin or Klay Thompson for JV.

Let's get real here and stop overvaluing the guy,
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• JV is a bonafide playoff material. You need that if you have championship aspirations. I'll be very hesitant to move JV at all. JV is close to untouchable in any scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I don't want to trade JV unless it's for a bonafide top 5 guy. Neither Cousins or Griffin is that.

With what JV has shown in the playoffs, he's the guy you build around.
        ball4life wrote: View Post
        JV is a bonafide playoff material. You need that if you have championship aspirations. I'll be very hesitant to move JV at all. JV is close to untouchable in any scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Blake Griffin and Demarcus Cousins are head and shoulders above JV. Above anyone on this team actually.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Blake Griffin and Demarcus Cousins are head and shoulders above JV.
          I agree on Cousins. Not so sure about Blake.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            If anything Blake has proven to be better than DMC. He delivers in the playoffs.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

A bonafide top 5 guy? so we're talkin LeBron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Davis, Leonard...type of players right? no one in their right mind would trade those type of players for JV. Come on.

I wouldn't even trade Cousins or Blake Griffin or Klay Thompson for JV.

Let's get real here and stop overvaluing the guy,
              Then you're wrong.

Look, you have to put what JV was doing in historical context.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=per

There's the list of guys 7ft tall who put up a 25+ PER in the playoffs before 25. And JV keeps popping up on lists with those type of guys. It's time to realize what we have on our hands here. This guy is the real deal.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Have you seen the numbers Cousins puts up?
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Blake Griffin and Demarcus Cousins are head and shoulders above JV. Above anyone on this team actually.
                  Of course he is better that's not the point... The point is we shouldn't use JV to get cousins/Griffin Because once we get cousins/ Griffin we are gonna want to get a JV. Why waste that when we already have him.

I know it's a tough negotiation not to have JV included in any possible trade but I would do anything to keep JV. We have other replaceable pieces on this roster with value to use in a trade.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I think it's also fair to ask how each guy would look with their situations reversed...

What if JV got free reign like Cousins? What if Cousins was asked to rim run and defend but only get 8-9 shots per game? I really think if JV was getting comparable usage people would be a lot more hesitant with these scenarios.

At this point the only big men I trade JV for is Towns and maybe Davis (Davis is obvious but he seems a bit fragile so I'd have some doubts for that).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                      Of course he is better that's not the point... The point is we shouldn't use JV to get cousins/Griffin Because once we get cousins/ Griffin we are gonna want to get a JV. Why waste that when we already have him.

I know it's a tough negotiation not to have JV included in any possible trade but I would do anything to keep JV. We have other replaceable pieces on this roster with value to use in a trade.
                      If you have Cousins you don't need JV for anything.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If anything Blake has proven to be better than DMC. He delivers in the playoffs.
                        He also delivers a mean right hook.

Are you suggesting that Blake is better than Cousins? Otherwise I don't see the point in comparing the two.

Compared to JV, Blake is a one dimensional player who gets by on athleticism. He'll never defend at a high level despite that athleticism and as he gets older the athleticism will wane. JV is a potential two way star built on great fundamental skills and is on a fantastic bargain contract extension.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If you have Cousins you don't need JV for anything.
                          Meh I don't trust Cousins at Center. He takes possessions off. JV is straight beating every trip on both side.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            I think it's also fair to ask how each guy would look with their situations reversed...

What if JV got free reign like Cousins? What if Cousins was asked to rim run and defend but only get 8-9 shots per game? I really think if JV was getting comparable usage people would be a lot more hesitant with these scenarios.

At this point the only big men I trade JV for is Towns and maybe Davis (Davis is obvious but he seems a bit fragile so I'd have some doubts for that).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            Agreed. Cousins got 21 FGA per game this season and had the highest USG% this season, Jonas got 9 FGA per game...

If Jonas got anywhere between 15-20 FGA per game, he'd be averaging 20+ and 10+.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              Agreed. Cousins got 21 FGA per game this season and had the highest USG% this season, Jonas got 9 FGA per game...

If Jonas got anywhere between 15-20 FGA per game, he'd be averaging 20+ and 10+.
                              While I agree with the numbers, I think cousins has an array of moves in his arsenal. He is a complete package. You can't say that about JV, yet he has a couple of moves and a lot of hustles. Two different players and I wanna see them get paired up and surround them with dead eye 3 point shooters.

Comment

• Cousins is the best Center in the game and is only 2 years older than JV. Its really a no brainer. Who was the last center to score 50+ points in a game Shaq?
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X