No announcement yet.

Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are at a point where we need a superstar. We got to the level Atlanta got last year, but without a superstar, we cannot go further. The only team that won without a superstar was Detroit (in the last 15 years).

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
      I agree, but IMO Casey and DeMar are holding him back. If JV learns to pass out of the post and improves his defense he will easily be a top 5 center.
      JV has shown flashes of good playmaking out of the post. Only problem is whenever he does get the ball in the post, there is minimal off ball movement from his teammates.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Yeah and Cousins is way better than those guys. Stop trying to form this narritive that Casey, Lowry and DD are selfish people. Winning the most important thing to those 3.
        DeMar is a bad off-ball player though.

So taking the ball out of his hands is making him way less useful. So if you're getting Cousins, DeMar is the expendable player, not JV.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          This is based on... what exactly?
          Eye test. DMC has better jumpshot, better handle, stronger, more agile and fluid.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Eye test. DMC has better jumpshot, better handle, stronger, more agile and fluid.
            I meant the idea that DeMar and Kyle will defer to DMC. I have no idea what you're basing that on.

Comment

Yeah and Cousins is way better than those guys. Stop trying to form this narritive that Casey, Lowry and DD are selfish people. Winning the most important thing to those 3.
              Not calling them selfish, but if winning was actually the most important thing to them, JV would have gotten more than 11 FGA per game in the Playoffs. The guy was dominant against the Pacers and even against Whiteside before he got injured and his FGA only increased by 2 from the regular season...

Comment

DeMar is a bad off-ball player though.

So taking the ball out of his hands is making him way less useful. So if you're getting Cousins, DeMar is the expendable player, not JV.
                The only way we get DMC is a deal centered around JV. Shit, even throw DD in there I dont care. We need a superstar. Lowry/DMC should be enough to really give Cavs a run for there money.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  Not calling them selfish, but if winning was actually the most important thing to them, JV would have gotten more than 11 FGA per game in the Playoffs. The guy was dominant against the Pacers and even against Whiteside before he got injured and his FGA only increased by 2 from the regular season...
                  His FGA were going up as the playoffs were progressing but he got hurt again..
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

His FGA were going up as the playoffs were progressing but he got hurt again..
                    No it really wasn't. 2 out of the 10 games he played, he got more than 15 FGA, 5 out of those 10, he got less than 10 FGA...

Meanwhile DD and Lowry continued to struggle and continued to shoot...

Comment

• Why are we so convinced JV can't be a superstar?

He just turned 24, he's top 20 in the NBA in several key metrics, and he's never had even reasonably high usage. I just don't understand why we're ready to give up on this guy.

Comment

Why are we so convinced JV can't be a superstar?

He just turned 24, he's top 20 in the NBA in several key metrics, and he's never had even reasonably high usage. I just don't understand why we're ready to give up on this guy.
                        We're not. Christian gave up on him a long time ago when he wanted to trade him for Motiejunas lol.

Comment

I meant the idea that DeMar and Kyle will defer to DMC. I have no idea what you're basing that on.
                          You said it yourself they deffered to the likes of Gay and Lou. They know how good DMC is. They know his the best big in the game. DD has played on the same team as DMC before. DMC was getting more shots than him than but, he didnt care cause they won.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

You said it yourself they deffered to the likes of Gay and Lou. They know how good DMC is. They know his the best big in the game. DD has played on the same team as DMC before. DMC was getting more shots than him than but, he didnt care cause they won.
                            Wait a second... you said they deferred to Lou Williams, and then used that as an argument that they'd defer to DMC based on talent?

Are you claiming Lou Williams is a superior talent to JV? Because if so, there's no possible way you can be trusted to make a reasonable basketball argument.

Comment

• I think Blake fits really well on this team. It wasn't that long ago that he was considered top 5 player in the league and an MVP candidate. He had a rough year, but I don't think he's a bad guy. He could put us over the top. He could play really well next to JV as well. Clippers could take demar and put him at the 3. They played well without Blake so I could see them doing it.

Comment

Wait a second... you said they deferred to Lou Williams, and then used that as an argument that they'd defer to DMC based on talent?

Are you claiming Lou Williams is a superior talent to JV? Because if so, there's no possible way you can be trusted to make a reasonable basketball argument.
                                No, didn't say that. Good try though.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X