Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    I think Blake fits really well on this team. It wasn't that long ago that he was considered top 5 player in the league and an MVP candidate. He had a rough year, but I don't think he's a bad guy. He could put us over the top. He could play really well next to JV as well. Clippers could take demar and put him at the 3. They played well without Blake so I could see them doing it.
    I wouldn't mind Blake, but not so sure how well Griffin/JV will do defensively.

Comment

I think Blake fits really well on this team. It wasn't that long ago that he was considered top 5 player in the league and an MVP candidate. He had a rough year, but I don't think he's a bad guy. He could put us over the top. He could play really well next to JV as well. Clippers could take demar and put him at the 3. They played well without Blake so I could see them doing it.
      I would trade anyone on this team for Blake or DMC.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Wait a second... you said they deferred to Lou Williams, and then used that as an argument that they'd defer to DMC based on talent?

Are you claiming Lou Williams is a superior talent to JV? Because if so, there's no possible way you can be trusted to make a reasonable basketball argument.
        Casey likes to use his guards, Salmons used to get more touches than JV...

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          I wouldn't mind Blake, but not so sure how well Griffin/JV will do defensively.
          They could handle themselves on D. JV is becoming a pretty solid rim protector. I think Griffin throwing passes to JV from the elbow all game would be awesome.

Comment

I would totally be in favor of moving DD for Blake at the trade deadline, if we see that things do not improve significantly on our team. Also we can throw in their 2017 pick back to them as a sweetener, especially if their team also will becoming stagnated and they become fed up with Blake. The one thing to make sure if you make this deal is to ensure that by adding Blake, you become a contender cause otherwise I can see Blake bolt in end of that season (he's got a player option) and you lose everything.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I would trade anyone on this team for Blake or DMC.
              I would rather have Blake. Draft jaylen brown or move up in the draft and get Murray.

Lowry
              Brown/Murray
              DC
              Blake
              JV

That lineup competes for a title the next 2-3 years depending on Lowry and his ageing. Then we have a solid core to build around for the next 8-10 years.

Comment

• I feel like trading JV is the type of trade that would be setting ourselves back. In an offense that features him, he'd end up developing into a star.

He's got Kanter's offensive game, combined with being a capable defensive center.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  I would totally be in favor of moving DD for Blake at the trade deadline, if we see that things do not improve significantly on our team. Also we can throw in their 2017 pick back to them as a sweetener, especially if their team also will becoming stagnated and they become fed up with Blake. The one thing to make sure if you make this deal is to ensure that by adding Blake, you become a contender cause otherwise I can see Blake bolt in end of that season (he's got a player option) and you lose everything.
                  I'm thinking sign and trade this summer and throw in a pick or two to sweeten the deal.

Comment

I'm thinking sign and trade this summer and throw in a pick or two to sweeten the deal.
                    I don't believe you can trade right away a player you signed long term.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      I don't believe you can trade right away a player you signed long term.
                      You're probably right but I can dream.

Comment

• Haha who wouldn't trade DeMar for Blake in a heartbeat? 30 GMs in the league would. That deal would have to be sweetened with a lot of something, and if the Clippers are adding DeMar to Paul and DJ, they'd be looking for win-now pieces, not just future picks. Might need a third team to send the picks to who can send another prime player to LA.

The next step move is gonna have to be something like that. Getting this team over the hump is all up to Masai now.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Haha who wouldn't trade DeMar for Blake in a heartbeat? 30 GMs in the league would. That deal would have to be sweetened with a lot of something, and if the Clippers are adding DeMar to Paul and DJ, they'd be looking for win-now pieces, not just future picks. Might need a third team to send the picks to who can send another prime player to LA.

The next step move is gonna have to be something like that. Getting this team over the hump is all up to Masai now.
                          And with Bruno, Bebe, Delon, Norman, 9th pick and 27th pick, I think a move is an absolute guarantee.
                          We've got too many prospects for a team trying to compete, and only so many holes for them to plug.

Comment

• Ross or Patterson could be moved too.

Both guys are solid bench players who can shoot.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• We have a great supporting cast. Matter of fact, in my opinion, we ve only come this far because of them in the playoffs, not because of our "all stars". Ideally you wanna bring in a superstar by trading a star plus picks and prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Katherynne73 wrote: View Post
                                Ross or Patterson could be moved too.

Both guys are solid bench players who can shoot.
                                I wonder what OKC would say to Ross/2pat + pick for Ibaka.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X