Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I wonder what OKC would say to Ross/2pat + pick for Ibaka.
    I'm actually not sure about Ibaka anymore. His defense is a lot more suspect this year than in years past. If this is a down year, then sure, I take that deal, but how do we know it's not? It seems like he's lost a step.

Comment

• Why do we always want to trade the only guys outside of Lowry on the roster who can shoot 3s?

Like fuck, you want to turn into the Bucks and only shoot in the paint??

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Why do we always want to trade the only guys outside of Lowry on the roster who can shoot 3s?

Like fuck, you want to turn into the Bucks and only shoot in the paint??
        Trading DeMar isn't really an option. Most teams can just sign him outright. If we want to trade him we have to sign him and then sell at the deadline.

And since everyone else on the team other than Bismack, Bebe, and Jonas can shoot 3s we basically have to trade people who can shoot 3s.

On top of that, Ibaka's a good 3pt shooter so not sure what's the problem there.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          Trading DeMar isn't really an option. Most teams can just sign him outright. If we want to trade him we have to sign him and then sell at the deadline.

And since everyone else on the team other than Bismack, Bebe, and Jonas can shoot 3s we basically have to trade people who can shoot 3s.

On top of that, Ibaka's a good 3pt shooter so not sure what's the problem there.
          People keep saying stuff like this without understanding that not all 3pt shots are created equal.

There are guys who can hit corner 3s and not much else, but hit a lot of corner 3s.

There are guys who hit wide open catch and shoot 3s and can't hit with the slightest resistance.(Powell is one of these)

Then there are legitimately good 3pt shooters who can hit them contested or open. We have two of these. Lowry and Ross.

Absolutely no one else on our roster hit 3s that weren't wide open, catch and shoot 3s at anything close to a decent rate.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
            I'm actually not sure about Ibaka anymore. His defense is a lot more suspect this year than in years past. If this is a down year, then sure, I take that deal, but how do we know it's not? It seems like he's lost a step.
            I believe he had knee injury last year. The second year after a knee sugury suppose to be a lot better. You right this is an off year for him. You can tell by the fact that Kanter is closing games instead of him.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              I feel like trading JV is the type of trade that would be setting ourselves back. In an offense that features him, he'd end up developing into a star.

He's got Kanter's offensive game, combined with being a capable defensive center.
              They would have to be out of their minds to trade JV. Guys like that are very rare.

Comment

• what about monroe at the 4? i know he isn't a free agent but from what i read it doesn't seem like they are so happy with him.

Comment

• Are so called shooters. Ross 34.0% and 2pat 28.6% after 15 playoffs games.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Are so called shooters. Ross 34.0% and 2pat 28.6% after 15 playoffs games.
                    Teams that don't pass well don't generate good three point looks. Our assist rate has dropped in the playoffs, and our 3pt conversion rate has predictably dropped as well.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      what about monroe at the 4? i know he isn't a free agent but from what i read it doesn't seem like they are so happy with him.
                      Because he's horrible defensively. You don't want him at the 4.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Because he's horrible defensively. You don't want him at the 4.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                        Doesn't really space the floor either. Not a guy you want beside JV for any reason.

Comment

• Perfect scenario for me at this moment would be to draft Chriss and sign Bazemore

I think thats realistic tbh

(obviously Demar and Biz are gone in this scenario)

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            Doesn't really space the floor either. Not a guy you want beside JV for any reason.
                            Monroe is a terrible fit on any starting lineup cause he cant play defense.

But I think that JV doesnt need to have a floor spacing big to play beside to be effective, or for us to have an efficient offense. But if thats the case then all three guards need too shoot the three.

Comment

• People here often mistake a 3 point shooter with a player that can shoot threes. There's a difference. Ibaka can shoot threes but he's not a 3 point shooter. Ross IS a three point shooter. Cousins CAN shoot threes but he's not a three point shooter. Teams will let cousins shoot all the threes he want rather than destroying them in the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                                People here often mistake a 3 point shooter with a player that can shoot threes. There's a difference. Ibaka can shoot threes but he's not a 3 point shooter. Ross IS a three point shooter. Cousins CAN shoot threes but he's not a three point shooter. Teams will let cousins shoot all the threes he want rather than destroying them in the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Ryan Anderson IS a three point shooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X