Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Ryan Anderson IS a three point shooter.
    Also, can't play defense and incredibly expensive. We can do better for cheaper.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Marvin Williams. 40% three point shooter. Played PF.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Marvin Williams. 40% three point shooter. Played PF.
        good choice, but hornets won't let him go without a fight. Hornets 3 top priorities for the FA is 1) Batum 2)Marvin Williams 3) Lin 4) Courtney Lee 5) Al Jefferson

But they are cash strapped. Depending on how many teams offer Batum a max contract (something he doesn't deserve, not even close), it will mean that alot of the team will be broken up. If they can get batum to sign up for a cheaper contract, they have a better shot at keeping the core intact. Best case scenario for hornets is to let batum go, but they dont have the balls to do it im betting. So raptors can offer williams a decent contract at $12M/yr and screw hornets cap space over pretty hard since they'd be forced to match.

Comment

• check out hornets vs heat game 5 highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e66l276Toog

very beautiful basketball, something I wish raptors played like. Lin, Marvin Williams and Courtney Lee are great players that raptors should target.

Comment

• bigfatbob wrote: View Post
            check out hornets vs heat game 5 highlights:

very beautiful basketball, something I wish raptors played like. Lin, Marvin Williams and Courtney Lee are great players that raptors should target.
            I would be happy with Marvin. Normally I would go after Lee as well but we have crazy guard depth and they need minutes, same with Lin.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• bigfatbob wrote: View Post
                check out hornets vs heat game 5 highlights:

I think that the front office has decided that they would rather win a slugfest with great effort and defense than lose playing beautiful offense. Maybe thats just this year, but the way Masai targeted defensive first players, both in the draft and free agency tells me thats a thing.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  I think that the front office has decided that they would rather win a slugfest with great effort and defense than lose playing beautiful offense. Maybe thats just this year, but the way Masai targeted defensive first players, both in the draft and free agency tells me thats a thing.
                  I guess. But the two biggest and longest term defensive signings (Carroll, Joseph) came from systems where the offence was just gorgeous. Not sure I buy that the ideas are mutually exclusive.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Not really a free agent (but there's actual discussion going on in this thread) but what about Derrick Favours? Utah needs a PG and shooting, maybe CoJo, Pat and a 1st would do it
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      Not really a free agent (but there's actual discussion going on in this thread) but what about Derrick Favours? Utah needs a PG and shooting, maybe CoJo, Pat and a 1st would do it
                      I don't think they'd do it. They probably don't see CoJo as a huge upgrade over Shelvin mack, who played well for them this season.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                        Not really a free agent (but there's actual discussion going on in this thread) but what about Derrick Favours? Utah needs a PG and shooting, maybe CoJo, Pat and a 1st would do it
                        Favors can play with JV, but not with DeMar and JV.

Can only have so many guys who need to be in the paint to score.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          Favors can play with JV, but not with DeMar and JV.

Can only have so many guys who need to be in the paint to score.
                          JV and Favors (though moreso JV) have shown they can hit a midrange jumper. The two of JV and Favors on the offensive glass would fit great with all the bricks DeMar could throw up there.

I actually think it would be OK, especially if you cycle them out and run Favors as backup C with Carroll taking some PF minutes with each guy.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            JV and Favors (though moreso JV) have shown they can hit a midrange jumper. The two of JV and Favors on the offensive glass would fit great with all the bricks DeMar could throw up there.

I actually think it would be OK, especially if you cycle them out and run Favors as backup C with Carroll taking some PF minutes with each guy.
                            But you'd be better off, if you have two bigs that operate that well in the paint, having shooters on the perimeter, wouldn't you?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              But you'd be better off, if you have two bigs that operate that well in the paint, having shooters on the perimeter, wouldn't you?
                              Sure, but you don't sacrifice talent (by refusing to make the Favors trade, or refusing to re-sign DeMar) for the purpose of fit. You get the talent, and figure out who stays and goes later IF the fit doesn't work. And I'm not convinced it wouldn't with two exceptional offensive rebounders. Leaving an offensive rebounder to help can be as dangerous as leaving a shooter (assuming the help is coming from off the ball, not in screen action).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• What is Biyombo's market value right now? 4 years 45M backloaded?

I don't think he takes a pay cut for us, frankly I don't even think Masai asks him to. Is there anyway to re-sign everyone except Scola, JT & James Johnson?

Add 2 picks to the mix and another vet stopgap at PF until someone claims the role.. Are we upset if this is the extent of the team's summer dealings?

Comment

Working...
                                X