Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    But LeBron, Wade and Bosh are all decent off-ball players and fantastic passers. Cousins and DeMar don't pass on that level, and DeMar isn't a good off-ball player. And DeMar isn't nearly the defender that LeBron, Wade or Bosh is.

If you're taking away DeMar's touches, he loses a LOT of value. What does he bring aside from being a ball-dominant high usage player driving to the basket? How do we know Boogie, DeMar or Lowry would accept lower usage on a better team? There's no sample size to suggest this is true, and wanting it to be true doesn't make it so.
    As far as accepting a lower usage, we've seen Demar and Kyle as second and third bananas to Rudy Gay, regardless of how well it worked. Boogie is a question mark there but he's said the right things for the most part, it seems he just has a temper.

And I'm not saying the trio would work well together, but if they don't it's not necessarily because they'll be mad about their usage dropping.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      I'm just saying... If we get Cousins and keep JV there's absolutely nothing the Cavs can do to stop them. Considering, Cavs are the team we are trying to beat to get to the promise land.

I wanna see Kevin Love try to guard Demarcus Cousins... It will be meme worthy.

I don't care what we do to get cousins... If we get him we are instantly a team other teams will fear.. And you wouldn't see these Evan irrelevant Fourniers chipping in their 3 cents on Twitter about how we have no chance. I think that's where we want to get to... A dominant team to reckon with. Beast mode. Giganotorauses. Roarrrrrr..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I think the best path to that is to let DeMar walk and build a deal around Lowry for Cousins. Keep guys like Ross, Carroll and Powell to fill shooting spots around Cousins and JV.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Boogie comfortable posting up on either side of the basket? Cuz JV really is used to posting on the one side.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          As far as accepting a lower usage, we've seen Demar and Kyle as second and third bananas to Rudy Gay, regardless of how well it worked. Boogie is a question mark there but he's said the right things for the most part, it seems he just has a temper.

And I'm not saying the trio would work well together, but if they don't it's not necessarily because they'll be mad about their usage dropping.
          I just don't see what DeMar brings to the table in this scenario. What is he better than Lowry or Cousins at, and why wouldn't you rather just have a shooter spacing the floor instead of him?

Comment

But LeBron, Wade and Bosh are all decent off-ball players and fantastic passers. Cousins and DeMar don't pass on that level, and DeMar isn't a good off-ball player. And DeMar isn't nearly the defender that LeBron, Wade or Bosh is.

If you're taking away DeMar's touches, he loses a LOT of value. What does he bring aside from being a ball-dominant high usage player driving to the basket? How do we know Boogie, DeMar or Lowry would accept lower usage on a better team? There's no sample size to suggest this is true, and wanting it to be true doesn't make it so.
            DMC Assist per game over the last 3 years

13-14 2.9
            14-15 3.6
            15-16 3.3

DD has played with DMC on Team USA and had his usage severely decreased. He looked just as happy as anyone else when they won the gold mentals that summer. I'll say it again stop trying to form this narritive that Lowry and DD are selfish players.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              Boogie comfortable posting up on either side of the basket? Cuz JV really is used to posting on the one side.
              Boogie can score anywhere on the floor.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I just don't see what DeMar brings to the table in this scenario. What is he better than Lowry or Cousins at, and why wouldn't you rather just have a shooter spacing the floor instead of him?
                Again, that was never my argument. If you have Lowry+Cousins then you're obviously better off with a Fournier/Bazemore type of guy

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  DMC Assist per game over the last 3 years

13-14 2.9
                  14-15 3.6
                  15-16 3.3

DD has played with DMC on Team USA and had his usage severely decreased. He looked just as happy as anyone else when they won the gold mentals that summer. I'll say it again stop trying to form this narritive that Lowry and DD are selfish players.
                  While I agree with your point about Cousins there's no point in you bringing team USA here. It doesn't explain usage. Team USA is a different game.. the likes of Carmelo and Kobe settled for much lower usages.

And ideally you wanna surround Cousins with shooters and unless DD develops a reliable 3 point shot it'll be cluster fuck of an offence. But with that being said, the team will still be better than what we have right now. So yea...

Comment

While I agree with your point about Cousins there's no point in you bringing team USA here. It doesn't explain usage. Team USA is a different game.. the likes of Carmelo and Kobe settled for much lower usages.

And ideally you wanna surround Cousins with shooters and unless DD develops a reliable 3 point shot it'll be cluster fuck of an offence. But with that being said, the team will still be better than what we have right now. So yea...
                    No, it wouldnt you have Lowry who can shoot. You have Carroll who can shoot. You have 2pat who can shoot. Than you got two guys(DMC/DD) who can hit a 3 once they get going.

Players want to win. If they have to sacrifice usage to win they will do it.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Demar did shoot 44% from 3 in the corners this year so there is that.

And for the first time we saw a legitimate improvement in overall 3 point percentage. 33.8% isn't terrible.

Comment

• Kyle Lowry
                        DeMar DeRozan
                        Demarree Carroll
                        Patrick Patterson
                        Demarcus Cousins

Cory Joseph
                        Norman Powell
                        Cheap vet
                        Cheap vet
                        Bebe

That team has a chance to win 60 games and contend
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Didn't Sacramento go on record that they wanted to keep Cousins?

If any 'star' player is available it's probably Griffin. LAC lost in the first round, and they have no cap space. Plus they did pretty well without Griffin in the line up the last few months of the season.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Kyle Lowry
                            DeMar DeRozan
                            Demarree Carroll
                            Patrick Patterson
                            Demarcus Cousins

Cory Joseph
                            Norman Powell
                            Cheap vet
                            Cheap vet
                            Bebe

That team has a chance to win 60 games and contend
                            'Cheap vet's aren't going to be there this summer. Everyone is getting overpaid.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Didn't Sacramento go on record that they wanted to keep Cousins?

If any 'star' player is available it's probably Griffin. LAC lost in the first round, and they have no cap space. Plus they did pretty well without Griffin in the line up the last few months of the season.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Didn't Sacramento go on record that they wanted to keep Cousins?

Doc Rivers also said he's not breaking up his big three. GM's will say anything to drive up the price of their stars.

Comment

Working...
                                X