No announcement yet.

Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland is just way more talented than the raps and well rested. Offensive system wouldnt make a difference. Atlanta has been swept twice by this team. One time without Kevin Love. Cavs are just head and shoulders above the East. LBJ/Love/Kyrie are 13-0 in the playoffs. Cleveland is just the more talented team. Nothing to be ashamed about. As it stand raps are the second best team in the conference. Masai needs to increase the talent level.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• To pay Demar max is foolish. If we can't beat Lebron and his group we will not advance. Kyle has also reached his maximum play and both of them will not deliver the team to the promise land.

Comment

• think it may be time to take a risk and trade for Cousins (something I have strongly argued against in the past)

4 1st round picks, 2 second round picks, Terrence Ross, Lucas Noguiera, Delon Wright and hope they bite

His passing, scoring and rebounding would put this team over the top and I think we have the right culture here to absorb him
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          Forget Demar. These playoffs arent an anomaly. Hes never shot well and doesnt offer much else. Even his only strength - getting to the rim has gone out the window. He rarely dunks or gets alley oops like he used to. Hes the ricky romero.2 Its like after that yankee series where they figured out romeros "tell" and he was never the same. When he drives hes looking for a foul more than trying to make a basket. With drives/dunks his forte how many offensive charges has he got? Rarely from what I see. like I was saying he should be way more aggressive and dumping on guys all day offensive charges be damned put some fear back in defenses. Then theres his defense...

Isnt Pau UFA? I think hed be great with JV for a yr or two while we groom a young pf.
          We shouldn't be paying max money to a sg who can't shoot. I like derozan a lot but man...

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            think it may be time to take a risk and trade for Cousins (something I have strongly argued against in the past)

4 1st round picks, 2 second round picks, Terrence Ross, Lucas Noguiera, Delon Wright and hope they bite

His passing, scoring and rebounding would put this team over the top and I think we have the right culture here to absorb him
            I don't think anyone would say no to a deal for Cousins that looks like that, except maybe the Kings.

I think either you make a big move like that, or you bail on the DD/Lowry core now.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              I don't think anyone would say no to a deal for Cousins that looks like that, except maybe the Kings.

I think either you make a big move like that, or you bail on the DD/Lowry core now.
              These playoffs have shown me exactly what we need to reach the promised land. Paul George nearly killed us, Dwayne Wade nearly killed us, and Lebron, Love and Irving are making us look like we don't even belong. I also think a force like Cousins with his passing skills, slows down the offense and will generate much cleaner looks for Lowry, DeRozan and even JV (big to big action)
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• LAL are high on Randle Im sure but after DD walks over there maybe Kyle/Pat/9th pk/future conditional 1st for Randle? Ive liked Randle since the Hoop Summit. He was like a man among boys he'll steadily improve into a bonafide star. Lakers could then improve more by getting someone for Russell unless we swapped Wright for him in the deal but Id be nervous about that Wright could become very good. Casey should have been giving Wright much more burn so we know more about his potential for these type of scenarios.

Comment

think it may be time to take a risk and trade for Cousins (something I have strongly argued against in the past)

Agreed but, I don't think you get Divac attention unless you include JV. JV is very good center who should still help them make the playoffs.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Agreed but, I don't think you get Divac attention unless you include JV. JV is very good center who should still help them make the playoffs.
                    They got Cauley-Stein and since Rondo is likely going to walk they may go full tilt rebuild.

Comment

These playoffs have shown me exactly what we need to reach the promised land. Paul George nearly killed us, Dwayne Wade nearly killed us, and Lebron, Love and Irving are making us look like we don't even belong. I also think a force like Cousins with his passing skills, slows down the offense and will generate much cleaner looks for Lowry, DeRozan and even JV (big to big action)
                      There is no way we can run a efficient offense with demar boogie and jv absolutely no spacing at all.

Comment

They got Cauley-Stein and since Rondo is likely going to walk they may go full tilt rebuild.
                        Nah, they just build a new stadium and they kind of already been rebuilding for ever now.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                          LAL are high on Randle Im sure but after DD walks over there maybe Kyle/Pat/9th pk/future conditional 1st for Randle? Ive liked Randle since the Hoop Summit. He was like a man among boys he'll steadily improve into a bonafide star. Lakers could then improve more by getting someone for Russell unless we swapped Wright for him in the deal but Id be nervous about that Wright could become very good. Casey should have been giving Wright much more burn so we know more about his potential for these type of scenarios.
                          That's way too much for Randle

Comment

What does DeMar uniquely bring to that offense though? What does he bring off-ball? He's not a great(or even good, really) spot-up shooter, and putting the ball in his hands(what he needs to be effective) takes it out of the hands of guys more efficient than him.

Why should DeMar be the highest paid guy on that team instead of paying less for a guy who can just be a knock-down 3pt shooter, play defense and doesn't require much usage to put around the other guys?
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I like the go big or go home Cousins idea. We'd really have to win though coz if he gets disgruntled we'd never get back what we gave. Future first picks for him wouldnt be bad either because theyd be (should be) late 20's.

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
                                There is no way we can run a efficient offense with demar boogie and jv absolutely no spacing at all.
                                No, it's not that bad.

JV can shoot the 15 footer (needs to keep working on that, but it's there), Boogie was actually shooting 33% on 3 3PA per game this year and DeMar has good efficiency on corner threes. You would just need to design and run an actual offence that gets guys shots in certain places on the floor.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X