No announcement yet.

Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai and the Raptors have no choice but to build this team like the 04 Pistons team. No superstar or superstars but just a bunch of really good players/all stars.

I think it's crucial that they re-sign Biz. He's a heart and soul guy. Elite defender and shot blocker. And he's still very young. I think sky's the limit for that guy. And I still would like to see them try him play at the 4.

Re-signing DeRozan is a no brainer. He's not a max guy but he's legit all star player. Raptors can't afford to let that guy walk.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Who's that one guy then?
      Me.. but the Raptors cant afford me.

seriously.. You know who the top 10 guys in the NBA are.. so why ask this question?

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        Me.. but the Raptors cant afford me.

seriously.. You know who the top 10 guys in the NBA are.. so why ask this question?
        So you think we can acquire any of those guys? how??
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          So you think we can acquire any of those guys? how??
          I didn't say we can.. I said there's nothing we can do to put us over the Cavs unless its a superstar coming over here. We can get a Milsap, a Favors or any fringe star PF it's not gonna help us put us over the top.

How we can acquire that superstar is a different discussion.. to which I don't know how and it wasn't what i said in the post.

but just cuz you started this discussion.. a way we can acquire a superstar is either we trade for a disgruntle star/ sign one/ or draft.. signing a FA superstar is next to impossible here in Toronto...and we are out of the draft range to draft one.. so the only way we can get one is via a trade. this has been done before... see KG and Allen to Boston.. Pau to Lakers.. Shaq to Miami.. arguably and in a similar impact.. James Harden to Houston.. Carmelo to Knicks.. Kwahi to Spurs (a bit different case/ none the less trade/ draft..

my point is breaking the bank open to sign or trade for guys that won't move the needle enough to put us over the top is useless.. we will find our-selves in similar territory this time around next season. So.. keep the assets, maintain the flexibility and wait for the right time to strike.

Comment

I didn't say we can.. I said there's nothing we can do to put us over the Cavs unless its a superstar coming over here. We can get a Milsap, a Favors or any fringe star PF it's not gonna help us put us over the top.

How we can acquire that superstar is a different discussion.. to which I don't know how and it wasn't what i said in the post.

but just cuz you started this discussion.. a way we can acquire a superstar is either we trade for a disgruntle star/ sign one/ or draft.. signing a FA superstar is next to impossible here in Toronto...and we are out of the draft range to draft one.. so the only way we can get one is via a trade. this has been done before... see KG and Allen to Boston.. Pau to Lakers.. Shaq to Miami.. arguably and in a similar impact.. James Harden to Houston.. Carmelo to Knicks.. Kwahi to Spurs (a bit different case/ none the less trade/ draft..

my point is breaking the bank open to sign or trade for guys that won't move the needle enough to put us over the top is useless.. we will find our-selves in similar territory this time around next season. So.. keep the assets, maintain the flexibility and wait for the right time to strike.
            We're two wins away from the NBA Finals

If you don't think the talent influx from Scola/JJ getting minutes at PF being upgraded to Millsap this season would've been enough to get us those two wins I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              We're two wins away from the NBA Finals

If you don't think the talent influx from Scola/JJ getting minutes at PF being upgraded to Millsap this season would've been enough to get us those two wins I don't know what to tell you.
              Honestly, I don't see Milsap making a difference in this series. Its not just two wins. Its a series there needs to be a context in how you look at those 2 wins. For all we know, Atlanta was 4 wins away from NBA Finals last year. its only 4 wins they should resign everyone. No. It doesn't work that way.

we have a very good team but taking that next step is huuuuuuge and often cited the most difficult thing to do in the NBA.

Comment

Honestly, I don't see Milsap making a difference in this series. Its not just two wins. Its a series there needs to be a context in how you look at those 2 wins. For all we know, Atlanta was 4 wins away from NBA Finals last year. its only 4 wins they should resign everyone. No. It doesn't work that way.

we have a very good team but taking that next step is huuuuuuge and often cited the most difficult thing to do in the NBA.
                Have Millsap all season we probably finish in first and could be the team up 3-2 with a possible game 7 in toronto
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

We have already surpassed the best Atlanta did. They got swept by the no love cavs. We won twice. Might get a third game. No matter how you look at it we are either in the finals, one game away from the finals or two games away from the finals. There are no #fakeconferencefinalswins or Atlanta would have gotten one last year. And they doubled down on everyone because they thought they were close. They lost Carroll and this year got blown out by more than last year.

I think there is an argument to be made that Millsap might have made a difference. There is just as big an argument that a healthy jv who never got injured to ruin his fantastic playoffs momentum could have made a difference.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Have Millsap all season we probably finish in first and could be the team up 3-2 with a possible game 7 in toronto
                    Agreed. This series, especially if it goes seven is why we worked so hard in the regular season. This series is why "regular season doesn't matter" isn't true. Both teams night and day at home or away.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• If Biz leaves, there is going to be a possibly reasonably priced alternative out there - Cole Aldrich. Doesn't have the Biz flash, but solid defensively and has incrementally improved on offence. Huge bargain last year for the Clips.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Paul George would be absolutely great on this team, I just don't see how the Raptors could get his contract here without sending them JV.

Would you ever do a win-now, guard-heavy team of KL/DD/PG and try to figure out the bigs rotation?
                        Well, personally I would prefer KL/NP/DC/PG/JV...that line up would murder what the Cavs are throwing at us right now. But I just don't see any way that the Raptors ...even if they could...would move DeRozan.

Comment

• I hope we masai makes some crazy trade no one expects and we finally get the missing PF we desperately need. Patterson is a good energy guy of the bench who is a versatile defender but we need someone with more scoring and rebounding to take the pressure off the wings. I find it hilarious that we have Louis scola starting lmao.

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
                            I hope we masai makes some crazy trade no one expects and we finally get the missing PF we desperately need. Patterson is a good energy guy of the bench who is a versatile defender but we need someone with more scoring and rebounding to take the pressure off the wings. I find it hilarious that we have Louis scola starting lmao.

I don't like talking about FA yet,however raps if they want 2 compete for championship,they still need a lot pieces.
                            I would love 2 c Kevin Durant in Raps uniform,but that's not gonna happen,his more likely staying,especially if they win.
                            The guy I target is DeMarcus Cousins,his not a FA,but he can b attained in a trade for right price. He is without a doubt the best post 4 man out there,his a beast,he does have Rasheed Wallace attributes,however I believe with a change of scenery he will change with a winning team.
                            How do u get him,well if u want get something,u have 2 give of some equal or close value..Probably start off with JV and 1st rd pick for him,I would of added Ross raps 1st pick and Ny rd first rd pick this yeah,but don't c Sacramento doing that.
                            If u able 2 do that,then u go and sign Bismack Biyombo.
                            As for Demar Derozan,I'm still not sure,he ain't gonna take a pay cut,if LA gives him max,well good luck 2 him,he ain't max player,his not Franchise player,all star yes,u can give out that much money who is not max player, not in salary cap era.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Well, personally I would prefer KL/NP/DC/PG/JV...that line up would murder what the Cavs are throwing at us right now. But I just don't see any way that the Raptors ...even if they could...would move DeRozan.
                              Sure that would be a dream lineup, but there is no way the Raptors could turn DeMar into Paul George. They don't have the cap space if he walks and any team taking on DeMar in a trade would rather take George if he's also available.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Trade Carroll for PF. Sign Batum
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X