Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    To be fair JV is not as good as those four players mentioned. Those are all NBA players pretty much.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    Even though he can pass when he plays for Lithuania.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    Figured I'd get this out of the way.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Has there ever been a better timed tweet than this? Make sure you click graphic.

Looks like bigs are useful afterall.
    "Yeah but JV can't pass, those guys can."

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Has there ever been a better timed tweet than this? Make sure you click graphic.

Looks like bigs are useful afterall.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Hey, you remind me this chat bot, you should ask her these questions...
    https://www.eviebot.com/en/
    Asked her if Jonas deserved more minutes and her reply was yes, asked her "What about Demar Derozan?" And she said she doesn't care about those.

Nothing like Chr1st1anL

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    distorsun wrote: View Post
    Lowry wasn't right because Wall made him his b!tch and had to fake an injury to get out of a blowout.
    That's the thing that wasn't right.
    FOOLS are expecting an all star next year, let me tell ask this question. Kyle has been in the league 10years and had 1 notable season going on 30?

Kyle the Allstar is long gone, we should be ready for a steady decline in performance; what happened with Wall in the Poffs and in the 2nd of the season IS WHAT TO EXPECT going into this year.
    He will have good moments, but as far as I know WE HAVE SEEN THE BEST OF KYLE.
    Lowry has been a top 30 player the past 2 seasons, no one else on the Raptors was even close. He's the last guy you should be harping on.

Leave a comment:

• distorsun
    replied
    Nobody can handle wall; but you just down lay down (at least put up a fight).
    Anyways, I'm writing off Kyle because of 1 good season in 10 years.
    Not because I'm a hater or anything like that.
    My take is that the other 9 seasons we NOT an anomaly.

And that's the same reason why I think Demar will be a little bit better next year (cause we got 6yrs that shows that).
    , so no MAJOR leap for DD.

That is all I'm really saying, I could be wrong but those odds are probably under 20%

Apollo wrote: View Post
    How many people can handle Wall, he's a special player.

That said I'm not sure why you're writing Kyle off like that. This season he will be 29 and I expect you'll see him peak in the next couple of seasons.

You don't have a clue what's going to happen for sure and neither do the people for him so to call them fools is actually foolish.

I don't see anything about his game that suggests he will regress but that doesn't mean he gets an all star spot.

By the way all those caps makes you read sort of diabolical. If that's what you're going for then toss in a "muahaha" at the end. Really sell it and make us believe.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    Kuh wrote: View Post
    The one thing JV needs to get better at is passing/dealing with double teams.

He can't be a reliable 'pound it down to JV and abuse the other team', because once people see us going with that strategy they can double him and often end up forcing turnovers. (Actually as I check his stats, his turnovers are only 2.5/48, which is pretty average. And what is crazy is he has only 0.9 assists/48 on a team where almost everyone else averages 3.0 assists/48.)

He needs to be able to abuse the double teams with a pass out to an open shooter, and once he does that a few times, he can pound away on whoever is guarding him one-on-one. So, something new for him to pick up ... which incidentally DD learned very well a couple of summers ago.
    I'd be very interested if other people "in the know" would comment on this analysis. I, too, struggle to understand Casey's reluctance to use JV. Is this (one of) the reasons?

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    Lowry wasn't right because Wall made him his b!tch and had to fake an injury to get out of a blowout.
    FOOLS are expecting an all star next year, let me tell ask this question. Kyle has been in the league 10years and had 1 notable season going on 30?

Kyle the Allstar is long gone, we should be ready for a steady decline in performance; what happened with Wall in the Poffs and in the 2nd of the season IS WHAT TO EXPECT going into this year.
    Kyle had long-term offers from Houston and Miami (and other meetings scheduled) before quickly deciding to return to the Raptors. I'll never forget this ... And I'll go with the talent assessments of those contending teams' staff (which were backed by many $millions)...

Aside from DD's injury and Kyle's playing banged-up and tired, there are other (obvious?) explanations for our struggles last year. DD and T-Ross were often matching "3's", the overall defence was poor, etc., etc. But help has arrived ... and more help is coming ... of this we may be absolutely certain.

And I would bear in mind the respect that DD gets, around the league, from players and coaches ... while remembering that Kyle is one of (for example) THE guys most likely to take a charge, league-wide, to make a play. I think it's tough - possibly even disrespectful - to allege that such a guy has faked an injury to avoid a tough match-up.

Steps taken. Steps coming. No need to slag the guys who have suited up amongst the all-stars and who earned the franchise record for wins. And who are committed to taking this franchise even further forward ...

Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Jul 22nd, 2015, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

How many people can handle Wall, he's a special player.

That said I'm not sure why you're writing Kyle off like that. This season he will be 29 and I expect you'll see him peak in the next couple of seasons.

You don't have a clue what's going to happen for sure and neither do the people for him so to call them fools is actually foolish.

I don't see anything about his game that suggests he will regress but that doesn't mean he gets an all star spot.

By the way all those caps makes you read sort of diabolical. If that's what you're going for then toss in a "muahaha" at the end. Really sell it and make us believe.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Easy.

Dump the ball into the post. JV goes to work on the string bean that is Porzingis and gets him in foul trouble...completely eliminating him from the game (remember JV has a decent foul drawing rate)

Same with KAT...who will be more difficult but the idea is the same

Attack them and get them in foul trouble. They cant hit threes from the bench

Now if we dont utilize JV at all on offense (where he is crazy effective)...then absolutely take him off the floor

Us not using JV lots would be like if Orlando didnt use Shaq early in his career. Its just stupid. He is a big dude with skill.
    Did you just compare JV to Shaq? Like really? I'm done.

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    Stretch 4 is one thing but a stretch 5 for every team? If that happens the league needs to just get rid of the 3 point line (which they already should, or at least extend out to 25 and eliminate the corners).

Leave a comment:

• Kuh
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    The scouting report on DC/JV is bang on --he is largely forgotten come fourth quarter time.
    The one thing JV needs to get better at is passing/dealing with double teams.

He can't be a reliable 'pound it down to JV and abuse the other team', because once people see us going with that strategy they can double him and often end up forcing turnovers. (Actually as I check his stats, his turnovers are only 2.5/48, which is pretty average. And what is crazy is he has only 0.9 assists/48 on a team where almost everyone else averages 3.0 assists/48.)

He needs to be able to abuse the double teams with a pass out to an open shooter, and once he does that a few times, he can pound away on whoever is guarding him one-on-one. So, something new for him to pick up ... which incidentally DD learned very well a couple of summers ago.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I have question do you guys think JV will be able to guard Karl Anthony Towns or Porzingis on perimeter. That's the direction his position is going.
    Easy.

Dump the ball into the post. JV goes to work on the string bean that is Porzingis and gets him in foul trouble...completely eliminating him from the game (remember JV has a decent foul drawing rate)

Same with KAT...who will be more difficult but the idea is the same

Attack them and get them in foul trouble. They cant hit threes from the bench

Now if we dont utilize JV at all on offense (where he is crazy effective)...then absolutely take him off the floor

Us not using JV lots would be like if Orlando didnt use Shaq early in his career. Its just stupid. He is a big dude with skill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X