Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casey: "We Have To Participate In The Trend Of Going Small At The End of Games"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apollo wrote: View Post
    Given where the economy is heading I can't for the life of me see the NBA being able to maintain this raised cap number.
    Since the cap is based on revenue, I don't understand your concern about the economy.

    Comment


    • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Raptors did try to set a trend last year with their all-ISO-ball-all-the-time offence, though few had fun watching it.
      Actually iso heavy was OKC's thing, problem is they have two of tthe best players in the world. So casey said now were going to impersonate GS who have two of the best 3 pt shooters of all time.
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Actually iso heavy was OKC's thing, problem is they have two of tthe best players in the world. So casey said now were going to impersonate GS who have two of the best 3 pt shooters of all time.
        This... Like to be successful you've got to KOP "Know your Personnel" #TomSternerRIP and gameplan accordingly.

        Comment


        • I actually think we'll be capable of putting out some good small-ball lineups this season, better two-way squads than last, perhaps with a blend of small and big.

          Lowry/DeMar/Ross/Carroll/Jonas

          Lowry/CoJo/Carroll/JJ/Biyombo

          That kind of thing.

          Comment


          • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            I actually think we'll be capable of putting out some good small-ball lineups this season, better two-way squads than last, perhaps with a blend of small and big.

            Lowry/DeMar/Ross/Carroll/Jonas

            Lowry/CoJo/Carroll/JJ/Biyombo(or JV)

            That kind of thing.
            I love that lineup.
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              I actually think we'll be capable of putting out some good small-ball lineups this season, better two-way squads than last, perhaps with a blend of small and big.

              Lowry/DeMar/Ross/Carroll/Jonas

              Lowry/CoJo/Carroll/JJ/Biyombo

              That kind of thing.
              To close out a game where we have a 5 point lead? Love the look of that lineup.

              Comment


              • Bandit wrote: View Post
                To close out a game where we have a 5 point lead? Love the look of that lineup.
                So do I. Unfortunately demar is caseys guy come hell or high water, and JJ is his guy when hell is frozen
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • This roster is a lot better suited to play small ball than last years.
                  @Chr1st1anL

                  Comment


                  • Small ball only works when you have good defenders. Now we got our defenders. Hopefully this experiment works out or I'm sure Masai will pull the plug mid-season.
                    Last edited by BS10; Fri Jul 24th, 2015, 10:42 PM.
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

                    Comment


                    • BS10 wrote: View Post
                      Small ball only works when you have good defenders. Now we got our defenders. Hopefully this experiment works out or I'm sure Masai will pull the plug mid-season.
                      Good defenders are a start.

                      Then you need a combination of guys who can switch on to just about anyone on the court.

                      Then you need shooters.

                      Then you need passers.

                      Then you need ballhandlers.

                      Then you need solid rebounders especially considering they are likely to be undersized at position.


                      Raptors don't have that combination.

                      Comment


                      • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        One side of the ship is getting over loaded.


                        https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...eeping-the-nba



                        What really bugs me about the whole 'small ball' hype is the lack of focus on the players needed to run such an offense.

                        It is not easy to find 4-5 guys all 6'7" or bigger who can all switch and defend any opponent, shoot, pass, dribble, rebound, and defend.

                        Just like there is more than one way to build a team, there is more than one way to win as a team. Too much recency bias going on here. It is a touch ridiculous because Golden State is the poster child for this current movement yet they only ditched their slow plodding starting C for the last 3 games of the NBA Finals because it was advantageous from a specific match up perspective. The Warriors had rolled through playoffs until Finals and they had a 67 win season.... all with Bogut heavily involved.
                        how many teams have won without a dominate big warriors (2 of the grestest 3 point shooters in nba history), chicago (2 of the greatest players in nba history, 4 hall of famers). so you basicly have to turn on god mode for small ball to work.

                        you know what the real reason we are running small ball... cause derzan cant hit 3's he is a post up guy so they need to keep spacing. sorry to say it but we have to play unconventenal because he is our star player which doesnt really fit the team.

                        Comment


                        • grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          how many teams have won without a dominate big warriors (2 of the grestest 3 point shooters in nba history), chicago (2 of the greatest players in nba history, 4 hall of famers). so you basicly have to turn on god mode for small ball to work.

                          you know what the real reason we are running small ball... cause derzan cant hit 3's he is a post up guy so they need to keep spacing. sorry to say it but we have to play unconventenal because he is our star player which doesnt really fit the team.
                          how many teams have ever won without a dominant anything? that is the question we need answered. people going to say pistons and there is one. any others? last year almost the entire hawks team made the all star team, ran into lebron. games are 48 minutes long and your star players can play 40 of those minutes in the playoffs, i think lebron has played entire games. more than any other sport, save bowling i guess, basketball is a star run league. we need one of those dominant players at any position

                          Comment


                          • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            how many teams have ever won without a dominant anything? that is the question we need answered. people going to say pistons and there is one. any others? last year almost the entire hawks team made the all star team, ran into lebron. games are 48 minutes long and your star players can play 40 of those minutes in the playoffs, i think lebron has played entire games. more than any other sport, save bowling i guess, basketball is a star run league. we need one of those dominant players at any position
                            Technically, Detroit had a dominant defence.

                            Comment


                            • Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              Technically, Detroit had a dominant defence.
                              and they had a dominating "I'll beat the shit out of you" personality in every position. it kinda instilled fear on other teams.

                              Comment


                              • ball4life wrote: View Post
                                and they had a dominating "I'll beat the shit out of you" personality in every position. it kinda instilled fear on other teams.
                                Well... I dont know about Rip or Prince instilling fear into anyone lol
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X