Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casey: "We Have To Participate In The Trend Of Going Small At The End of Games"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    JWash wrote: View Post
    Which teams is Casey referring to that go small late in games? Teams that go "small" do it by putting a shooter at PF instead of a traditional 4. They don't just remove their center entirely from the equation!

    Cavs play Mozgov, Hawks play Horford, Wiz play Gortat, Bulls play Noah, Nets play Lopez, Warriors play Bogut, Clippers play DeAndre (except to avoid hack-a-Jordan), Rockets play Dwight, Grizzlies play Gasol, Spurs play Duncan.... It's only us who bench our center and 3rd best player for a worse player who is mismatched at the 5 spot. It's so fucking stupid it's driving me nuts.
    It doesn't make sense because he's not saying the whole thing. He doesn't trust JV and it doesn't matter who we face he'll take JV out.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

    Comment


    • #92

      Comment


      • #93
        Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        i disagree with this grindhouse. he has made the players better every year and the team has performed better every year. casey is the one point that unifies the feelings test on this forum.

        i have shown this again and again, but it doesn't matter. the same people that scoff at the idea of casey knowing what he is doing, point to how they know we could be better if we just did it their way. and again, the numbers record wise and player improvement wise all point to an upward trajectory every year but that doesn't matter when lou takes threes at the end of a quarter. we have analytic masters here that will tell you the 3 point shot is the most valuable in the nba, so a three point shot with a player who is great at them and can get a look he likes whenever is a bad idea because casey drew it up, when there are hundreds of less efficient shots to take.

        again, i hope casey succeeds this year and gets an extension.
        Are we talking about the same Dwane Casey? The one who coaches Demar Derozan who he loves like his own son and had his worst season in 3 years? The one who shoots:

        64% from 0-3 feet, but takes just 19% of his shots in that region
        39% from 3-10 feet, and takes 15% of his shots from that region
        37% from 10 to 16 feet, and takes 18% of his shots from that region
        and, drum roll......35% from 16 feet to INSIDE the arc (LONG 2's) and takes 34% of his shots from that region

        I just want to make sure this is the same Dwane Casey that you're defending for his offensive play selection. It goes way beyond "end of quarter LOU Iso's". Pretty much every single player on the team was used incorrectly.
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • #94
          Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          and again, the numbers record wise and player improvement wise all point to an upward trajectory every year
          An upward trajectory generally means things go... up.

          We went from 14th in DRating to 22nd to 10th to 25th.
          TRoss went from 49%TS to 55% to 52%.
          Jonas played fewer minutes in year three than he did in year 2.
          DeMar took a step back last year even before he got injured, with a lower TS%, PER, and WS/48.
          And we won fewer playoff games last year than we did the year before.

          Comment


          • #95
            I was pretty excited about this season before Casey opened his mouth

            Comment


            • #96
              Don't the stats show that the team is a negative with JV on the court? Haven't we been over this one hundred times? But but, its the east. Same amount of coaches have to deal with that and half of them people here pine for. But but hand in your face pull up three, how are they different then the others Lou takes and hits 40% on. But but Casey and Masai are on separate pages, Masai just based his entire summer and upcoming future on Casey.

              I hope he does well.

              Comment


              • #97
                He's gonna feel the heat early. He's gonna find out real quick against the big centers that 2Pat and Scola are not the men for the job that Amir and Hayes were.

                Who am I kidding then he'd call in Biyombo.
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  Don't the stats show that the team is a negative with JV on the court? Haven't we been over this one hundred times? But but, its the east. Same amount of coaches have to deal with that and half of them people here pine for. But but hand in your face pull up three, how are they different then the others Lou takes and hits 40% on. But but Casey and Masai are on separate pages, Masai just based his entire summer and upcoming future on Casey.

                  I hope he does well.
                  I hope so too, but if he thinks he can play small ball in the playoffs and take us to the next level. The odds R against him


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    Don't the stats show that the team is a negative with JV on the court? Haven't we been over this one hundred times? But but, its the east. Same amount of coaches have to deal with that and half of them people here pine for. But but hand in your face pull up three, how are they different then the others Lou takes and hits 40% on. But but Casey and Masai are on separate pages, Masai just based his entire summer and upcoming future on Casey.

                    I hope he does well.
                    Yes you are correct that the stats show this team is better when JV is off the court but I'll ask you this, is this team trying to contend for a championship?

                    You take your lumps now to have a better future. Do you know who else is a net negative? Andre Drummond but the Pistons let him play because they know that him playing and making mistakes will help him become a better player and in turn make them a better team. You don't learn from the bench.

                    If this team is in win now mode then why have all these young players? Or an abundance of draft pics? Just go sign some vets and call it a day.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                    Comment


                    • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      But but hand in your face pull up three, how are they different then the others Lou takes and hits 40%on.
                      Something tells me you have no idea what you're talking about and are pulling stats out of your ass.

                      Maybe it's the fact that Lou shot 34% from 3 this year.

                      Maybe it's the fact that Lou is a career 34.1% 3 point shooter.

                      Or maybe it's the fact that Lou has never broke 37% from 3 in a season before, let alone 40%.

                      Carry on.

                      Comment


                      • Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        Something tells me you have no idea what you're talking about and are pulling stats out of your ass.

                        Maybe it's the fact that Lou shot 34% from 3 this year.

                        Maybe it's the fact that Lou is a career 34.1% 3 point shooter.

                        Or maybe it's the fact that Lou has never broke 37% from 3 in a season before, let alone 40%.

                        Carry on.
                        Those are ShotsHeNormallyMakes.
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • Also during this interview Casey called DeMar " One of the top mid-range scorers in the league "

                          Anyone with working eyes can look up DeMar's shooting numbers from the midrange and see that he's a terrible shooter from that area

                          So either Casey doesn't give a shit about stats or he's incompetent
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                          Comment


                          • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Also during this interview Casey called DeMar " One of the top mid-range scorers in the league "

                            Anyone with working eyes can look up DeMar's shooting numbers from the midrange and see that he's a terrible shooter from that area

                            So either Casey doesn't give a shit about stats or he's incompetent
                            I think Casey has gotten too set in his ways. He's too close to it day in day out and hasn't stepped back and looked at the big picture.

                            "Demars forte midrange ISO"
                            "JV can't play at the end"
                            "JJ is a bad team guy"

                            Are all ideas of his that have either been said or implied constantly over his 5 years coaching. I don't get it.
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • no carrying on needed, you just proved my point. what is it 3/10 3pts is 9 points and 4/10 is 8 pts. i don't care what the rates are. in every other thread the analytic are pointed at the three being the better shot, except when you guys bring it into the casey thread.

                              i just threw out a number, someone was going to look it up and be smug about it. i am at work and don't have time to go number hunting.

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I think Casey has gotten too set in his ways. He's too close to it day in day out and hasn't stepped back and looked at the big picture.

                                "Demars forte midrange ISO"
                                "JV can't play at the end"
                                "JJ is a bad team guy"


                                Are all ideas of his that have either been said or implied constantly over his 5 years coaching. I don't get it.
                                This, my friends, is the dark side of pounding the rock.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X