No announcement yet.

Casey: "We Have To Participate In The Trend Of Going Small At The End of Games"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey: "We Have To Participate In The Trend Of Going Small At The End of Games"

Man, I hope he doesn't make it out of October.

http://www.raptorshq.com/2015/7/18/8...all-at-the-end

Full Q & A with Dwane:

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/feature...e-casey-qanda/
    Last edited by Jangles; Mon Jul 20, 2015, 02:03 PM.

smh

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
      Man, I hope he doesn't make it out of October.

http://www.raptorshq.com/2015/7/18/8...all-at-the-end
      My guess is he's here all season unless they start off really cold. Get used to him.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        My guess is he's here all season unless they start off really cold. Get used to him.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
        yeah this

it pains me

but yeah, this
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

To be absolutely fair...trend or no trend, he would do it anyways. He HAS done it anyways. At least, he's giving us a heads up this time.

My guess is he heard that little Jonas interview and said, "You think you're smart, huh."

Ah, Casey ... never change.
          Last edited by Just Is; Mon Jul 20, 2015, 02:30 PM.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

What's fascinating is how at odds Casey's attitudes towards small ball are compared to Masai's.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              What's fascinating is how at odds Casey's attitudes towards small ball are compared to Masai's.
              What is Masai's attitude?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                What is Masai's attitude?
                Wingspan >>> Height
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Q: What hurt you offensively in the playoffs?

DC: Physicality and size. We were small with Lou and Kyle on the floor at the same time. Size and length took us out.

wat
                  OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post

DC: Physicality and size. We were small with Lou and Kyle on the floor at the same time. Size and length took us out.

wat
                    He also said that he needed Lou to be on the court to run ISO plays to generate offense

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post

wat
                      I wasn't willing to open the link for fear of seeing something like this...

God I try to understand his line of thinking, but I just never can...

Comment

I...

The....

You....

Er......

But....

Shit. I am really at a loss. For all the shrewd maneuvering I can't believe casey is the coach masai believes is going to deliver more than what he has.

Comment

There is just zero logic behind Val not being on the floor at the end of games... small ball or not.

Most teams don't play small ball by taking their center off the court, they play it by playing a guy that's normally a 3 at the 4 spot for spacing reasons. The only adjustment to that that's logical would be maybe playing Carroll at the 4 or something.

JV is the one guy on this team that can consistently take and make baskets from efficient areas. He is above average defensively if you don't have him scrambling all over the place. He's a legit 7 footer and weapon that other teams going small would have to be very concerned about defending if we used him properly at all.

The Wizards went "small" by playing Pierce at the 4. Gortat, a center, was still at the 5 spot. I'm not sure how the hell putting JV on the bench in favor of 2Pat or Scola at the 5 helps us at all. Leaves us with zero rim protection, no advantage inside, no way of getting easy baskets at the rim, etc, etc. It's just brainless. It's not like the dude is a hack-a-Shaq liability either as a mid 70s FT shooter.

If I see JV on the bench at the end of a 4th quarter where he is not fouled out I may punch a hole in my TV. Ordering a better warranty as we speak.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            I...

The....

You....

Er......

But....

Shit. I am really at a loss. For all the shrewd maneuvering I can't believe casey is the coach masai believes is going to deliver more than what he has.
                            I think Masai is smarter and more patient than most of us are. Remember that in firing Casey, we are creating a vacancy, which means we need to hire a new coach. Perhaps Masai didn't like any of the coaching candidates long-term. Or perhaps he wants to give Casey a shot to prove he can succeed with defensive personnel. If he fails he fails but we aren't a title contender yet anyway so I can see why MU would be patient about it.

Not gonna lie if it was me I would've fired Casey as soon as the buzzer sounded in game 4 but that's very reactionary. I think Masai being the cool, collected, patient guy he is saw a reason to not pull the trigger on a canning right away.

Comment

So far this offseason casey has stated that:

We need to use our size more, get JV more involved
                              we are going to use one of the top sf defenders and three point shooters as a pf.
                              we need to go small
                              we performed poorly in the playoffs due to going small
                              we needed an iso system last season because of Lou.

Comment

Working...
                              X