Casey: "We Have To Participate In The Trend Of Going Small At The End of Games"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

consmap wrote: View Post
    Q: What hurt you offensively in the playoffs?

DC: Physicality and size. We were small with Lou and Kyle on the floor at the same time. Size and length took us out.

wat
    one of the best wtf post i have seen, thank you for that lol

Comment

jerome wrote: View Post
      He also said that he needed Lou to be on the court to run ISO plays to generate offense
      or maybe he should hire someone to come up with plays that the players can practice and run during games that will generate offense, we will call this person the teams moch or maybe the daaoch hmmmm lets go with coach.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Positionless basketball also has 5 guys who can all shoot, pass, dribble, and defend.

He doesn't seem to grasp the most basic concepts yet there he is... an NBA head coach.
        He loves that scramble defence. More and more I am confused by MU's trust in DC. I guess he is going to let DC hang himself so to speak as more mainstream Raptor followers will start to catch on re DC this year. Keeping the focus on DC perhaps will lead to less scrutiny of himself?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Nobody in the Eastern conference
          cavs?
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Casey is a idiot.

Need we say more?
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Maybe Ujiri is waiting on the guy he has flagged as the next coach?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
              I've said numerous times that Ollie is the guy.

It would have cost MLSE $4m to pay DC + $5m to buyout Ollie + likely another $5m to Ollie.

Total: $14m

Versus play out this coming season, save $10m, and hire Ollie next year when his buyout is just $1m and Casey can fly to *ahem* where ever....Seattle?

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                cavs?
                Love, TT and Movgov

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  I've said numerous times that Ollie is the guy.

It would have cost MLSE $4m to pay DC + $5m to buyout Ollie + likely another $5m to Ollie.

Total: $14m

Versus play out this coming season, save $10m, and hire Ollie next year when his buyout is just $1m and Casey can fly to *ahem* where ever....Seattle?
                  I don't know who the guy is but I trust that someone like Ujiri has played out the scenarios on who, when and how.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I don't know who the guy is but I trust that someone like Ujiri has played out the scenarios on who, when and how.

you know who Kevin Ollie is your most likely just not used to seeing only his last name.

Comment

Oh that's not what I meant. In the general sense, I don't know who Ujiri has targeted. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with Matt.

Comment

i would like to see casey succeed. i don't want to go through another love the guy and then hate the guy scenario. i would like to see some redemption

Comment

Well looks like this will be me next season watching a Raptors game in the fourth quarter.

Comment

"We lost because dreadlocks are a hairstyle for Rastafarians and I don't believe in Bob Marley"
                            -Dwane Casey, November 2015

"Look if they have outside shooting we put in Jonas because he is tall and the shadows will affect their vision. But we can only do this early in the games because later on the sun goes down."
                            -Dwane Casey, December 2015

"Yes I know the Spurs are leading the league and that is because the rules are different in Mexico. Our players aren't allowed to eat chalupas unless they make 1000 long 2s. In the metric system that's like 3000 3pointers so who can eat chalupas and get that 15 pounds of good weight required to fight for position on the bench when the sun goes down"
                            Dwane Casey, January 2016

Comment

It has to be the money

There is literally no way a coach can be as bad as Casey (who has a decent roster), and still be retained as a head coach

There is not one quality that he brings that stands out against other coaches in the league, except for his ability to swindle millions of dollars as a fraud

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
                                Which teams other than GS regularly play small ball?
                                The thing is GS doesn't even fucking play small ball lol.

Green is the only dude in the lineup that's "undersized" and he's about the same size and length as Paul Millsap. Bogut starts and gets a lot of minutes at center. They only went small in the finals to get their best possible lineup on the floor to match the Cavs (i.e. having Iggy out there).

There is no team in the NBA besides the Raps that benches their center who can make free throws at a high clip and play both ends in fourth quarters in favour of an undersized PF. Nobody does this lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X