No announcement yet.

Casey: "We Have To Participate In The Trend Of Going Small At The End of Games"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is the first time i seen this entire forum agree one something. I am so disappointed in casey

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
      I think this is the first time i seen this entire forum agree one something. I am so disappointed in casey
      If he deserves credit for anything it's being the first man to unify the forum behind one common opinion lol.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
        The thing is GS doesn't even fucking play small ball lol.

Green is the only dude in the lineup that's "undersized" and he's about the same size and length as Paul Millsap. Bogut starts and gets a lot of minutes at center. They only went small in the finals to get their best possible lineup on the floor to match the Cavs (i.e. having Iggy out there).

There is no team in the NBA besides the Raps that benches their center who can make free throws at a high clip and play both ends in fourth quarters in favour of an undersized PF. Nobody does this lol.
        I guess that makes Casey a visionary offensive genius

Comment

Green is the only dude in the lineup that's "undersized" and he's about the same size and length as Paul Millsap. Bogut starts and gets a lot of minutes at center. They only went small in the finals to get their best possible lineup on the floor to match the Cavs (i.e. having Iggy out there).

There is no team in the NBA besides the Raps that benches their center who can make free throws at a high clip and play both ends in fourth quarters in favour of an undersized PF. Nobody does this lol.

i mean in the forth quarter the game is suppose to slow down you are suppose to walk the ball up the court and make them pay for playing small ball. our defensive scheme has something wrong with it if JV has to go out to the perimeter to defend. if chicago and memphis can do it so can we casey doesnt know how to adjust.

Comment

Rick Carlisle: “The future dominant big man is going to be able to guard on the perimeter.” #OpenCourt hes at home trolling casey laughing his ass off.

Comment

If JV was FA he would never re-sign with us. All opposing teams have to do is whisper "4 quarter" and he'll bounce.

And the whole "in 4 quarter teams go small" is bullshit. In another interview Casey said that when you are down and trailing, we have to go small ball to catch up. And if my memory is correct any time JV had to face a centre who could shoot a midrange, Casey would take out JV because he's not comfortable defending in perimeter. And if we face a post up threat like Jefferson or Pau Gasol he would take out JV and put Amir or Hayes on them.
              Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Jul 20, 2015, 09:31 PM.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

And last year, even the American mainstream media started to take notice of it. If JV can take that NEXT step with his 26 minutes, get up to like 16-10 on 58% shooting, you would think something would have to give and Casey would HAVE to start setting his bias aside. Right??
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

i disagree with this grindhouse. he has made the players better every year and the team has performed better every year. casey is the one point that unifies the feelings test on this forum.

i have shown this again and again, but it doesn't matter. the same people that scoff at the idea of casey knowing what he is doing, point to how they know we could be better if we just did it their way. and again, the numbers record wise and player improvement wise all point to an upward trajectory every year but that doesn't matter when lou takes threes at the end of a quarter. we have analytic masters here that will tell you the 3 point shot is the most valuable in the nba, so a three point shot with a player who is great at them and can get a look he likes whenever is a bad idea because casey drew it up, when there are hundreds of less efficient shots to take.

again, i hope casey succeeds this year and gets an extension.

Comment

Next year there will be a game when we go against a team that'll go Big against us and Casey will go small. And in interview he'll say that he wanted the opposing team to adjust to us.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i disagree with this grindhouse. he has made the players better every year and the team has performed better every year. casey is the one point that unifies the feelings test on this forum.

i have shown this again and again, but it doesn't matter. the same people that scoff at the idea of casey knowing what he is doing, point to how they know we could be better if we just did it their way. and again, the numbers record wise and player improvement wise all point to an upward trajectory every year but that doesn't matter when lou takes threes at the end of a quarter. we have analytic masters here that will tell you the 3 point shot is the most valuable in the nba, so a three point shot with a player who is great at them and can get a look he likes whenever is a bad idea because casey drew it up, when there are hundreds of less efficient shots to take.

Casey sucks. Most of the improvement have been because 60℅ of Eastern teams sucked and wins need to go somewhere. Outside of a couple months after the Gay trade its been terrible offense and terrible defense. It's his fifth year

Comment

A pull-up contested three with a hand in your face from 3 feet behind the three-point line with your opponent exactly what the shot will be and when it's going up is not an efficient shot. Not to mention 34% is not great at all. Not even particularly good.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          A pull-up contested three with a hand in your face from 3 feet behind the three-point line with your opponent knowing exactly what the shot will be and when it's going up is not an efficient shot. Not to mention 34% is not great at all. Not even particularly good.
                          Fixed

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post

if we r talking regular season then you are correct playoffs is a different animal. and the amount of teams that won a championship without a center in the entire history of the league u can count them on 1 hand. you dont play small ball and win championships. thats not opinion its fact.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              If JV was FA he would never re-sign with us. All opposing teams have to do is whisper "4 quarter" and he'll bounce.

And the whole "in 4 quarter teams go small" is bullshit. In another interview Casey said that when you are down and trailing, we have to go small ball to catch up. And if my memory is correct any time JV had to face a centre who could shoot a midrange, Casey would take out JV because he's not comfortable defending in perimeter. And if we face a post up threat like Jefferson or Pau Gasol he would take out JV and put Amir or Hayes on them.
                              Which teams is Casey referring to that go small late in games? Teams that go "small" do it by putting a shooter at PF instead of a traditional 4. They don't just remove their center entirely from the equation!

Cavs play Mozgov, Hawks play Horford, Wiz play Gortat, Bulls play Noah, Nets play Lopez, Warriors play Bogut, Clippers play DeAndre (except to avoid hack-a-Jordan), Rockets play Dwight, Grizzlies play Gasol, Spurs play Duncan.... It's only us who bench our center and 3rd best player for a worse player who is mismatched at the 5 spot. It's so fucking stupid it's driving me nuts.

Comment

Masai and Casey don't seem to be on the same page. Which is fine, because Casey is the one that would go. Alls good in Raptors land.

Also, if the Raptors are winning going small, I could care less if JV is playing. When I start to care is if they go small with no JV and they're losing.

Winning fixes everything.
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X