Casey: "We Have To Participate In The Trend Of Going Small At The End of Games"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    At the end of games now 4s become 5s and 3s become 4s.

JV is to slow to stay in front of 4s in this league. Especially since all 4s play on the perimeter now.

Now I know "why do you punish them for going small?". Casey is a defensive minded coach so his preference is to stop the opponent rather than score on them.

Unfortunately for JV if you going to be a Center in this league now you have to be in the mold of Porzingis or Karl Anthony Towns. Look at the crop of Centers projected to be drafted next year. Pretty much all of them very mobile and have perimeter games.

Its not the end of Centers. Its the end of strictly low post Centers. You need to have a more well rounded game to survive now at that position.

If Casey has another record breaking season and is retained. I would if Masai targets C with NYK/DEN pick? 2016 is top heavy with Center that have the skill set need for this new age of NBA basketball.
    Except Toronto had 2Pats at the 4. Moving him to the 5 never made sense.Also if Demar is the 3 moving him to the 4 to stretch the floor doesn't make sense.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      We have to participate in the trend of getting rid of our coach after he displays lack of basketball knowledge
      Now this is a trend I can get behind. Perhaps we need a hashtag...#ShootCasey or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Now this is a trend I can get behind. Perhaps we need a hashtag...#ShootCasey or something

#TradeCaseyToTheKingsForBoogieCousins
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

#ShootCaseyintoTheSun?

Comment

• Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post
            I find it quite funny that we're trying to extend JV's range, to make him a more mobile, pick-and-pop big. It's hardly a drastic change; in fact, it's more of a reversion: wasn't this the player we drafted? Then we said he was too weak, had to add on size and work on his back to basket game. But now he's too big, too immobile.

Poor JV, these mixed signals must be messing with his brain.
            Humbug, to continue working on your game and your body is professional basketball.

Comment

• Can we stop comparing JV to Marc Gasol or Tim Duncan?? Those guys are just so much better defensively and offensively than JV. They know where to be on the floor to make up for their lack of foot speed.

Likewise, can we stop comparing JV to Dwight Howard or even DeAndre Jordan?? Those guys are quicker, better defenders and better rim protectors.

Please stop.

Those guys are all contenders for Defensive players of the year. Maybe JV gets there someday, but it sounds really silly to me right now.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                Can we stop comparing JV to Marc Gasol or Tim Duncan?? Those guys are just so much better defensively and offensively than JV. They know where to be on the floor to make up for their lack of foot speed.

Likewise, can we stop comparing JV to Dwight Howard or even DeAndre Jordan?? Those guys are quicker, better defenders and better rim protectors.

Please stop.

Those guys are all contenders for Defensive players of the year. Maybe JV gets there someday, but it sounds really silly to me right now.
                I think the example Duncan/Gasol it shows how much smarts and experience play in being a good defensive big man, without the need for the explosiveness of Howard/DJ. JV needs to continue improving his body and his athleticism, but it the cerebral automation of the game that is going to make the biggest difference - knowing where you have to be without thinking. Jonas already has good rim-protection numbers, and there's a ton of room for improvement. All these developmental minutes should pay off, hopefully this coming season.

Comment

Can we stop comparing JV to Marc Gasol or Tim Duncan?? Those guys are just so much better defensively and offensively than JV. They know where to be on the floor to make up for their lack of foot speed.

Please stop.

Well, he's the best asset we have and IF we want him to get there someday we need a coach that doesn't detest 7 footers and refuses to give him a real role.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Well, he's the best asset we have and IF we want him to get there someday we need a coach that doesn't detest 7 footers and refuses to give him a real role.
                    I'm still not seeing your new signature!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I love how you constantly defend DD and casey, and constantly slag on JV and lowry. I would love to know which games youre watching.
                      Lowry? Lowry is one of my favourite players.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Please stop.

Marcin Gortat has anchored a top 5 & top 8 defense for the Wizards, and he's no more athletic than JV. Zaza Pachulia is way less athletic than both of those guys and he had the most minutes at center for the Bucks (top 3). Hibbert is a comparative sloth, and he's been on some #1 rated defenses. Robin Lopez has a good defensive rep. Even Al Jefferson has been on a top 6 defense.

That's 5 guys less athletic than JV, just off the top of my head who aren't Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan. At some point, the constant excuse of lack-of-quickness at center has to be seriously questioned.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Marcin Gortat has anchored a top 5 & top 8 defense for the Wizards, and he's no more athletic than JV. Zaza Pachulia is way less athletic than both of those guys and he had the most minutes at center for the Bucks (top 3). Hibbert is a comparative sloth, and he's been on some #1 rated defenses. Robin Lopez has a good defensive rep. Even Al Jefferson has been on a top 6 defense.

That's 5 guys less athletic than JV, just off the top of my head who aren't Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan. At some point, the constant excuse of lack-of-quickness at center has to be seriously questioned.
                          Yeah, JV's defence is going to start looking waaaaaaay better this year, now that he has some legit on-the-ball defenders in front of him.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, JV's defence is going to start looking waaaaaaay better this year, now that he has some legit on-the-ball defenders in front of him.
                            It'll make deciding to bench him even harder

Comment

• I can't believe there are people that actually support JV being on the bench at the end of games.

I'm so done.

Comment

• But still, maybe JV doesn't play at the end of games. And that's fine, if we're winning. Regardless, he'll get his 30 minutes a game, he'll be among the most efficient scorers in the game, he'll protect the rim, and he'll rebound at an above average for his position. There's so many inarguable positives to his game, that it's just foolish to act as if he isn't a useful player.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X