Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Well... I dont know about Rip or Prince instilling fear into anyone lol
    i dunno, with Hamilton you knew you were going to run all night, and Tayshaun was a guy you always had to look out for when he was defending.

Actually if derozan/ross would run even a quarter as much as Hamilton without the ball we'd be in a much better positon.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      i dunno, with Hamilton you knew you were going to run all night, and Tayshaun was a guy you always had to look out for when he was defending.

Actually if derozan/ross would run even a quarter as much as Hamilton without the ball we'd be in a much better positon.
      Piston were an example of good position players at every position that complimented each other. Rip was a protypical SG, Prince SF, the two Wallace's were a great front with each masking the other deficiencies. Billups a good PG that was surrounded by good players. That model is easier to draft and build than a positionless model that requires being very good and lucky acquiring players and developing.

Comment

• Here is Pop with a rationale explanation of basketball versus Casey's insane midget ball

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...r-bigs-in-nba/

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Here is Pop with a rationale explanation of basketball versus Casey's insane midget ball

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...r-bigs-in-nba/
          Except Pops quotes validate what Casey is doing.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Except that when we utilize Jonas a decent amount, he does command double teams. So I don't think it validates anything Casey has said

*to me it validates a lot of what posters here say in the sense that Casey doesn't know how to fully utilize the pieces he has.
            Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Except that when we utilize Jonas a decent amount, he does command double teams. So I don't think it validates anything Casey has said

*to me it validates a lot of what posters here say in the sense that Casey doesn't know how to fully utilize the pieces he has.
              He is good enough to command double teams, he does command double teams, it's the kick out part that he has not mastered whatsoever (and as I noted earlier was in my opinion the reason Bayno was terminated). He hesitates far too long when doubled. Occasionally he gets stripped, rarely finds a cutter, or a quick outlet. Mostly he just wastes clock and ends up tossing back out to the perimeter.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

He is good enough to command double teams, he does command double teams, it's the kick out part that he has not mastered whatsoever (and as I noted earlier was in my opinion the reason Bayno was terminated). He hesitates far too long when doubled. Occasionally he gets stripped, rarely finds a cutter, or a quick outlet. Mostly he just wastes clock and ends up tossing back out to the perimeter.
                Assuming that is correct, there is nothing like in game repetitions to hone that skill.

He has been benched since his first year as many posters around here pointed to the future and when games would actually matter.

These are things he should have already worked through and experienced.

A big part of his hesitation is catching the ball so far out - a symptom of the dreaded my turn your turn offense. The Raptors best big passer was AMIR. Guards and wings have no ability to get the ball inside in the sweet spots when the opportunity presents itself.

As for his turnovers, they have been decreasing quite steadily.

And Bayno wanted out.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Assuming that is correct, there is nothing like in game repetitions to hone that skill.

He has been benched since his first year as many posters around here pointed to the future and when games would actually matter.

These are things he should have already worked through and experienced.

A big part of his hesitation is catching the ball so far out - a symptom of the dreaded my turn your turn offense. The Raptors best big passer was AMIR. Guards and wings have no ability to get the ball inside in the sweet spots when the opportunity presents itself.

As for his turnovers, they have been decreasing quite steadily.

And Bayno wanted out.
                  Also positioning for spacing is often terrible when we iso him in a post up. They often pull everyone to the weak side, presumably to give him space, but it also means there is no easy outlet from the double near him. It makes things very easy for the D because they can double him and still have all the passing lanes covered on that congested side of the court with just 3 defenders.

Not to mention the lack of motion. Let's put all our guys standing still in limited space that the D can easily cover while doubling the post.....just dumb.

Comment

No it doesn't a C that commands a double is just as effective as guard penetration. Even Thib's scheme that doubles on the catch means an open shooter. Guard isolation versus Bulls style defense is dead

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      And Bayno wanted out.
                      Link?

Comment

Link?
                        Beat writers had it on Twitter

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                          Well... I dont know about Rip or Prince instilling fear into anyone lol
                          Everyone grew a few inches when BIG BEN was on the floor.

Comment

What cutters? Which outlets? Raps did a lot of clear-outs and rarely ran cutters for anybody last season. All part of the Casey strategy to minimize turnovers by eliminating passing, that was supposed to be the secret to winning in the playoffs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              What cutters? Which outlets? Raps did a lot of clear-outs and rarely ran cutters for anybody last season. All part of the Casey strategy to minimize turnovers by eliminating passing, that was supposed to be the secret to winning in the playoffs.
                              Maybe you should read Vantage Sports once in a while.

"On the other end, the Raptors are one of the best offensive teams in the league, a large part of that being due to their success cutting without the ball, as further explained here by Josh Gutchess."

I'll take their word over yours, since these people are actually paid by NBA teams for their info.

http://www.vantagesports.com/story/V...D196/undefined

Comment

Maybe you should read Vantage Sports once in a while.

"On the other end, the Raptors are one of the best offensive teams in the league, a large part of that being due to their success cutting without the ball, as further explained here by Josh Gutchess."

I'll take their word over yours, since these people are actually paid by NBA teams for their info.

http://www.vantagesports.com/story/V...D196/undefined

doesn't matter....casey

Comment

Working...
                                X