Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR
    replied
    If JV was FA he would never re-sign with us. All opposing teams have to do is whisper "4 quarter" and he'll bounce.

And the whole "in 4 quarter teams go small" is bullshit. In another interview Casey said that when you are down and trailing, we have to go small ball to catch up. And if my memory is correct any time JV had to face a centre who could shoot a midrange, Casey would take out JV because he's not comfortable defending in perimeter. And if we face a post up threat like Jefferson or Pau Gasol he would take out JV and put Amir or Hayes on them.
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Jul 20, 2015, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Day One
    replied
    Rick Carlisle: “The future dominant big man is going to be able to guard on the perimeter.” #OpenCourt hes at home trolling casey laughing his ass off.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    The thing is GS doesn't even fucking play small ball lol.

Green is the only dude in the lineup that's "undersized" and he's about the same size and length as Paul Millsap. Bogut starts and gets a lot of minutes at center. They only went small in the finals to get their best possible lineup on the floor to match the Cavs (i.e. having Iggy out there).

There is no team in the NBA besides the Raps that benches their center who can make free throws at a high clip and play both ends in fourth quarters in favour of an undersized PF. Nobody does this lol.

i mean in the forth quarter the game is suppose to slow down you are suppose to walk the ball up the court and make them pay for playing small ball. our defensive scheme has something wrong with it if JV has to go out to the perimeter to defend. if chicago and memphis can do it so can we casey doesnt know how to adjust.

Leave a comment:

• Katman
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post

Green is the only dude in the lineup that's "undersized" and he's about the same size and length as Paul Millsap. Bogut starts and gets a lot of minutes at center. They only went small in the finals to get their best possible lineup on the floor to match the Cavs (i.e. having Iggy out there).

There is no team in the NBA besides the Raps that benches their center who can make free throws at a high clip and play both ends in fourth quarters in favour of an undersized PF. Nobody does this lol.
    I guess that makes Casey a visionary offensive genius

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I think this is the first time i seen this entire forum agree one something. I am so disappointed in casey
    If he deserves credit for anything it's being the first man to unify the forum behind one common opinion lol.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    I think this is the first time i seen this entire forum agree one something. I am so disappointed in casey

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Katman wrote: View Post
    Which teams other than GS regularly play small ball?

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    It has to be the money

There is literally no way a coach can be as bad as Casey (who has a decent roster), and still be retained as a head coach

There is not one quality that he brings that stands out against other coaches in the league, except for his ability to swindle millions of dollars as a fraud

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    "We lost because dreadlocks are a hairstyle for Rastafarians and I don't believe in Bob Marley"
    -Dwane Casey, November 2015

"Look if they have outside shooting we put in Jonas because he is tall and the shadows will affect their vision. But we can only do this early in the games because later on the sun goes down."
    -Dwane Casey, December 2015

"Yes I know the Spurs are leading the league and that is because the rules are different in Mexico. Our players aren't allowed to eat chalupas unless they make 1000 long 2s. In the metric system that's like 3000 3pointers so who can eat chalupas and get that 15 pounds of good weight required to fight for position on the bench when the sun goes down"
    Dwane Casey, January 2016

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Well looks like this will be me next season watching a Raptors game in the fourth quarter.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    i would like to see casey succeed. i don't want to go through another love the guy and then hate the guy scenario. i would like to see some redemption

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Oh that's not what I meant. In the general sense, I don't know who Ujiri has targeted. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with Matt.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Day One
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't know who the guy is but I trust that someone like Ujiri has played out the scenarios on who, when and how.

you know who Kevin Ollie is your most likely just not used to seeing only his last name.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I've said numerous times that Ollie is the guy.

It would have cost MLSE $4m to pay DC + $5m to buyout Ollie + likely another $5m to Ollie.

Total: $14m

Versus play out this coming season, save $10m, and hire Ollie next year when his buyout is just $1m and Casey can fly to *ahem* where ever....Seattle?
    I don't know who the guy is but I trust that someone like Ujiri has played out the scenarios on who, when and how.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    cavs?
    Love, TT and Movgov

Leave a comment:

Working...
X