Is Terrance Jones available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Terrance Jones available?

Lots of Houston fans speculating that TJones may be on his way out of town on Sirius XM NBA radio....the belief is they have depth at the 4 and Daryl Morey really likes Montejuanas. No there are media links however IF there is some truth what could the Raptors do to get him? As many of us know forum posters typically follow their team extremely closely and often have some sense of what they believe is best for their organization. If there is any chance he is available MU should be all over this given Casey's recent comments re small ball. Perhaps KL/DD/DC/TJ/PP at end of games could give us good floor spacing with at least three legitimate 3 point threats.
    Last edited by psrs1; Mon Jul 20, 2015, 10:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Lots of Houston fans speculating the TJones may be on his way out of town on Sirius XM NBA radio....the belief is they have depth at the 4 and Daryl Morey really likes Montejuanas. No there are media links haw ever IF there is some truth what could the Raptors fo to get him? As many of us know forum posters typically follow their team extremely closely and often have some sense of what they believe is best for their organization. If there is any chance he is available MU should be all over this given Casey's recent comments re small ball. Perhaps KL/DD/DC/TJ/PP at end of games could give us good floor spacing with at least three legislate 3 point threats.
    I don't believe Masai and Morey will ever make a deal. Each is too cagey for the other.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I mean, Morey will be asking a king's ransom for Jones. Minimum two 1st round picks; probably more.

The only assets we have that Morey would accept in a trade for Jones are JV and DEN/NYK, and either of those is too steep a price.

Can't happen imo.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

The best move that Masai can make to get him and give up the least amount of assets is to wait until next year when he hits free agency and make him an offer he can't refuse since he's going to be a RFA. Pay him something that Houston won't be able to match. That's the easiest way.
        Last edited by BS10; Mon Jul 20, 2015, 11:37 PM.
        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          I don't believe Masai and Morey will ever make a deal. Each is too cagey for the other.
          Lol seriously, these dudes would just stare each other down for hours and then low-ball each other for eternity.

Comment

Oh btw I don't understand the obsession of Raps fans with this guy, he's not that good.

Comment

I'd rather go after Donatas Montajuinas. It will also benefit JV due to their nationality.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                I'd rather go after Donatas Montajuinas. It will also benefit JV due to their nationality.
                Dmo is projected to be there starting 4.

Comment

Mirotic is PF we need right now.

But another option that is a bid more out of the box is to try and get Gallo for the cheap and play him at pf.

Lowry
                  Demar
                  Carroll
                  Gallo
                  JV

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Lots of Houston fans speculating that TJones may be on his way out of town on Sirius XM NBA radio....the belief is they have depth at the 4 and Daryl Morey really likes Montejuanas. No there are media links however IF there is some truth what could the Raptors do to get him? As many of us know forum posters typically follow their team extremely closely and often have some sense of what they believe is best for their organization. If there is any chance he is available MU should be all over this given Casey's recent comments re small ball. Perhaps KL/DD/DC/TJ/PP at end of games could give us good floor spacing with at least three legitimate 3 point threats.
                    That's true, but fans also tend to overrate their youngsters, and I think that's what is happening here with those Houston fans. Those fans are probably thinking that their rookies Harrell and Dekker are going to provide quality minutes right away. That's the only explanation I could see that would make the Rockets' PF spot look deep.

Realistically, if they move Terrence Jones, they only have Motiejunas coming off a back surgery. Josh Smith is gone, Terrence Jones is gone in that case. Capela could give some minutes at 4, but you need a backup center too.

Imagine if they trade Jones without getting a PF back, and Motiejunas gets re-injured or takes time to fully recover. They'll have no option but to play mostly with Ariza or Brewer at 4, and they didn't like doing that much last year, so I don't think that they like that option this year either.

Maybe Morey would still move him, but they'd have to get a legit backup PF back, I think.

I don't think that Jones is much of a solution for us anyway. I like 2pat as a long term backup.

Comment

hehe true. The NBA trade market is just a game between Masai, Morey, Hinkie and Ainge of who can convince Kings, Knicks, Nets and Lakers to give up more picks.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                        Lol seriously, these dudes would just stare each other down for hours and then low-ball each other for eternity.
                        A best of seven arm wrestle might breakout.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          hehe true. The NBA trade market is just a game between Masai, Morey, Hinkie and Ainge of who can convince Kings, Knicks, Nets and Lakers to give up more picks.
                          I dont think Ainge is all that great and the jurys still out on Hinkie.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I dont think MU does anything more unless of course something major falls into his lap...cheap. The team is set for now/opening day and he wants to see how the old core operates with the new additions....imo.

Comment

A three team trade talk between Masai, Morey and Hinkie would be intense.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                              X