This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Maybe they did market research on what would sell in the local area? We're just spit balling out our buttholes. Does anyone here actually live in Mississauga?
    I grew up there and work there, don't live there anymore but I'm pretty sure Raptors905 is considered a junk name for most people in the Sauga/Brampton area. For anyone in the world except the tools that made it up. Original, yes, but horrendously bad name.

I don't visit Square One any more, but they have all this 6ix shit and 905 swag so who knows, maybe the kids dig it.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      I grew up there and work there, don't live there anymore but I'm pretty sure Raptors905 is considered a junk name for most people in the Sauga/Brampton area. For anyone in the world except the tools that made it up. Original, yes, but horrendously bad name.

I don't visit Square One any more, but they have all this 6ix shit and 905 swag so who knows, maybe the kids dig it.
      Kids are dumb.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Kids are dumb.
        We named our team after a movie beloved by kids of the time, it's all about the kids when it comes to team names.

And yes they are dumb.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/s...25257369223168

Nba has registered domain names and extensions for Raptors 905... A little disappointed.

Anyone know what kind of deal happened btwn raps and miss power?
          It's also likely some smartasses hopped on the Raptors905 twitter and instagram names. I also doubt the Westchester Knicks D League website can be trusted as being legit. Their website designer may have just wanted to get a head start.

As far as the website domain, it seems to me that the name could be the "905 Raptors" instead of the mentioned "Raptors905s"...wouldn't be surprised if Doug smith got a little confused with them using numbers instead of the name Mississauga.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Here's a snippet from Koreen's article on the new DLeague team that exemplifies it's importance.

On the Rockets DLeague team:
            Just last year, they sent down their first-round pick, Clint Capela. He played more than 900 minutes there in 38 games.
            On Bruno with the Mad Ants:
            However, on the occasions that he was sent down, a worst-case scenario developed: Caboclo was virtually ignored. He played just 62 minutes in seven games.
            900 minutes vs 62 minutes is why Capela developed a bunch last year and Bruno just got heavier and learned better English.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...ir-development

Comment

Here's a snippet from Koreen's article on the new DLeague team that exemplifies it's importance.

On the Rockets DLeague team:

On Bruno with the Mad Ants:

900 minutes vs 62 minutes is why Capela developed a bunch last year and Bruno just got heavier and learned better English.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...ir-development

There is a guy who has been talking about that point for months here on RR.

Now who is he?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                There is a guy who has been talking about that point for months here on RR.

Now who is he?

Think it was PeanutWoozle

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• 905.....?

What the serious fuck?

Like.... that's worse than Power. Way worse. I mean...... why? I was hoping for Huskies.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    905.....?

What the serious fuck?

Like.... that's worse than Power. Way worse. I mean...... why? I was hoping for Huskies.
                    Were you really gonna buy merch for our DLeague team? I think they're pandering to the local youth that might actually buy some of that crap.

Comment

905.....?

What the serious fuck?

Were you really gonna buy merch for our DLeague team? I think they're pandering to the local youth that might actually buy some of that crap.

Comment

In all honesty, I wouldn't buy any of the stuff.

But I like a name that's easy to say and you can play around with. Raptors905 sounds like a radio station.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

In all honesty, I wouldn't buy any of the stuff.

But I like a name that's easy to say and you can play around with. Raptors905 sounds like a radio station.
                          If they went with Huskies and had a cool logo, jersey, and color scheme then you'd just be super depressed that we're still the Raptors, so it's better this way.

Comment

If they went with Huskies and had a cool logo, jersey, and color scheme then you'd just be super depressed that we're still the Raptors, so it's better this way.
                            If it was cool enough to look like a NBA logo, then I might buy it. But only if I have the cash.

That being said, I like the Raptors new stuff..... a bit. I'm warming up to it.
                            Axel wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Huskies is such a terrible generic name.

905 is such a terrible weird name.

Where's the third bowl of porridge? (That would be a better name even)

Comment

• no way they keep that name...bringing back the Huskies is a good idea....i was a fan of changing the raptors to Huskies but since that ship has sailed, the d-league affiliate is as good. Sauga is a tricky fit for it...as someone in Sauga its like why go to the d-league when Im close enough to the real franchise....will be interesting to see if the 4 NBA players will be a big enough draw to fill up the Hershey centre's 5500 capacity.

Comment

Working...
                                X