Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Raptors 905's

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I would have gone with Mississauga Brontosauruses, to try and shatter the world record for most syllables in a sports franchise name
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

    Comment


    • Or, to keep in step with the prehistoric beast thing while keeping some distance from actual dinosaurs, the Mississauga Sabertooths, or the Mississauga Mammoths
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

      Comment


      • lol Mississauga T-Rex's and keep with the dinosaur theme, ironic how the Toronto Raptors franchise was born during the original Jurassic Park era and now the D-league franchise is arriving 20yrs later but during Jurassic World...we are tied to the Jurassic franchise!

        Comment


        • RepTdot wrote: View Post
          lol Mississauga T-Rex's and keep with the dinosaur theme, ironic how the Toronto Raptors franchise was born during the original Jurassic Park era and now the D-league franchise is arriving 20yrs later but during Jurassic World...we are tied to the Jurassic franchise!
          Good point.

          Mississauga-Saurus has a nice ring to it.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

          Comment


          • I wouldn't be adverse to Mammoth being the name.

            Comment


            • Just a reminder that a d league team can only have like 3 players from your roster on it (or something like that?) and everyone else has to be willing to take a d league salary which is less than they'd be paid in Europe, Australia, China, etc.

              Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

              -Superjudge, 7/23

              Hope you're wrong.

              Comment


              • stooley wrote: View Post
                Just a reminder that a d league team can only have like 3 players from your roster on it (or something like that?) and everyone else has to be willing to take a d league salary which is less than they'd be paid in Europe, Australia, China, etc.

                Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                3 NBA players at a time, and you can rotate them as much as you'd like, which will be incredibly easy since the team is in Mississauga. I expect Bebe to be the full time backup C, and I expect Wright to be the full time backup PG, so D-League will be Bruno, Powell, and Daniels. With the distinct possibility of 10-day contracts or a late season call-up due to injury, the D-League isn't so bad. We might also use a roster spot on Daniels to ensure he plays there.

                Comment


                • Primer wrote: View Post
                  3 NBA players at a time, and you can rotate them as much as you'd like, which will be incredibly easy since the team is in Mississauga. I expect Bebe to be the full time backup C, and I expect Wright to be the full time backup PG, so D-League will be Bruno, Powell, and Daniels. With the distinct possibility of 10-day contracts or a late season call-up due to injury, the D-League isn't so bad. We might also use a roster spot on Daniels to ensure he plays there.
                  True, I just mean like you can't draft endless second rounders and just put em in the d league. Sometimes arrangements like Daniels in Australia will be better

                  Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

                  -Superjudge, 7/23

                  Hope you're wrong.

                  Comment


                  • stooley wrote: View Post
                    True, I just mean like you can't draft endless second rounders and just put em in the d league. Sometimes arrangements like Daniels in Australia will be better

                    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                    You can draft endless 2nd rounders and put them there, you just can't sign them to the NBA roster. I'm curious whether one or both of Daniels and Powell don't make the Raps but play for the 905s. Looking more like a true development system if we can get them to do so.

                    Comment


                    • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      You can draft endless 2nd rounders and put them there, you just can't sign them to the NBA roster. I'm curious whether one or both of Daniels and Powell don't make the Raps but play for the 905s. Looking more like a true development system if we can get them to do so.
                      But why would they do that? Gotta think a lot of em world turn that down

                      D league paid pennies, abs even a guy like sum bhullar can get a spot on a d league team whenever he wants

                      Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

                      -Superjudge, 7/23

                      Hope you're wrong.

                      Comment


                      • stooley wrote: View Post
                        But why would they do that? Gotta think a lot of em world turn that down

                        D league paid pennies, abs even a guy like sum bhullar can get a spot on a d league team whenever he wants

                        Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                        Yeah, I'd guess the guys close to making the NBA roster would opt for the DLeague, and the guys further away that have higher paying international options would do that for a year or two. I fully expect Powell to sign for the DLeague team and not be on the Raptors roster. Daniels I'm not so sure, he might get a roster spot. We'll probably keep the 15th roster spot open for potential callups throughout the season.

                        Comment


                        • can you buy d-league jerseys?

                          (can't believe im asking this)
                          @sweatpantsjer

                          Comment


                          • stooley wrote: View Post
                            But why would they do that? Gotta think a lot of em world turn that down

                            D league paid pennies, abs even a guy like sum bhullar can get a spot on a d league team whenever he wants

                            Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            It's true the pay is horrible, but apparently the team can pay for 'housing and insurance benefits', whatever that entails. That basically (just) gives you enough to live (and eat, sleep, pray basketball). The flip side is that you actually get to be with your (future) teammates, engender yourself to the organization, train at NBA facilities, etc. You don't have to move to Australia or China or Europe and then move back the following year or deal with the corresponding contract issues.

                            I think New York might have their d-league team in the same city, and it resulted in The Other Greek Freak choosing to play there last season rather than going back to Europe.

                            Comment


                            • ceez wrote: View Post
                              can you buy d-league jerseys?

                              (can't believe im asking this)
                              No jerseys, just shirts.
                              http://dleaguestore.nba.com/

                              Comment


                              • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                It's true the pay is horrible, but apparently the team can pay for 'housing and insurance benefits', whatever that entails. That basically (just) gives you enough to live (and eat, sleep, pray basketball). The flip side is that you actually get to be with your (future) teammates, engender yourself to the organization, train at NBA facilities, etc. You don't have to move to Australia or China or Europe and then move back the following year or deal with the corresponding contract issues.

                                I think New York might have their d-league team in the same city, and it resulted in The Other Greek Freak choosing to play there last season rather than going back to Europe.
                                Do you know what the rules are about not signing a draft pick?

                                If you decline to sign them, you must lose their rights pretty quickly right? and im pretty sure you don't get exclusive right on people you just outright sign to your d league team.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

                                -Superjudge, 7/23

                                Hope you're wrong.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X