Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raptors are the ninth NBA team to own an NBA D-League franchise, joining the Cleveland Cavaliers (Canton Charge), Golden State Warriors (Santa Cruz Warriors), Los Angeles Lakers
    (L.A. D-Fenders), New York Knicks (Westchester Knicks), Oklahoma City Thunder (Oklahoma City Blue), Philadelphia 76ers (Delaware 87ers), San Antonio Spurs (Austin Spurs) and Utah Jazz (Idaho Stampede).

http://raptors905.dleague.nba.com/ne...015-16-season/
    cool

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      cool
      man I thought more teams own a D-League. I was giving Raps a hard time unfairly I guess.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        man I thought more teams own a D-League. I was giving Raps a hard time unfairly I guess.
        They are a number of teams with single affiliation but they don't own them outright.

Comment

• I was hoping that Masai would get up and say " you know the Red Ants never gave Bruno the opportunity to succeed so I can't wait for the Raptors905 to show up against them and let Bruno show them what he can really do... you know what?! Fuck the red ants!!!" (drops the mic and walks away angrily and thus a rivalry is born)

Comment

• What I don't get about the "905" name is that it doesn't have an affiliation to any single city, since it covers the entire golden horseshoe from Mississauga to Fort Erie. At least "416" is exclusive to Toronto.

Such a dumb name. Or I am getting older. My wife reminded me that the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              What I don't get about the "905" name is that it doesn't have an affiliation to any single city, since it covers the entire golden horseshoe from Mississauga to Fort Erie. At least "416" is exclusive to Toronto.

Such a dumb name. Or I am getting older. My wife reminded me that the two aren't mutually exclusive.
              MLSE thought that Mississauga was too difficult for American NBA writers to spell.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MLSE thought that Mississauga was too difficult for American NBA writers to spell.
                Or they'd constantly refer to them as the Mississippi Raptors.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  What I don't get about the "905" name is that it doesn't have an affiliation to any single city, since it covers the entire golden horseshoe from Mississauga to Fort Erie. At least "416" is exclusive to Toronto.

There are three NBA teams named after states and one named after a state nickname, so regional naming for a team is really nothing new. Heck, the D-League has the Rio Grande Valley Vipers and the Westchester (County) Knicks so regional names aren't even new at the D-League level.

Comment

• i like the name and the logo and all you negative nancies get worked over everything
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Anyone know how The management structure of the team will look like?
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

That is, sadly, the most logical reason I've heard.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          Anyone know how The management structure of the team will look like?
                          Bunch of middle aged white dudes in suits is my guess.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Bunch of middle aged white dudes in suits is my guess.
                            I want in...
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              I want in...
                              Ok but you already promised to hire me (and several other posters) if you get to be GM of the Raps.

Comment

• Where is the Raptors NBA D-League team gonna be?

Axel wrote: View Post
                                Ok but you already promised to hire me (and several other posters) if you get to be GM of the Raps.
                                Oh don't worry, I haven't forgotten! Will keep you updated

Comment

Working...
                                X