X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Still don't know why he thinks he's funny
    He has his moments. Dropped an epic post in the embiid thread in "let's nba"
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      He has his moments. Dropped an epic post in the embiid thread in "let's nba"
      I laughed at that so hard earlier..... like for a full-on 5 minutes. It was just too hillarious.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
        Think of the 13k as pocket money, since the teams pays for everything else
        $13K, $19K and even $25K is poverty anyway you look at it. these guys get a $30-40 allowance for 3 meals a day and basic living accommodations plus transportation just covers to practice's and games. It's not like they can work on the side either with all the travel and day practice. and lets not forget that a lot of these guys have a family as well. D-league is a season or two away from getting a players union if they don't improve the pay.
        Last edited by RepTdot; Tue Jul 14, 2015, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Well, do we call em the Raptors or the Fivers?
          fiver's....well if the "niner's" and "sixers" works for the SF 49ers and philly...man I hate the name

Comment

• I'm calling them the 905s
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
              $13K, $19K and even $25K is poverty anyway you look at it. these guys get a $30-40 allowance for 3 meals a day and basic living accommodations plus transportation just covers to practice's and games. It's not like they can work on the side either with all the travel and day practice. and lets not forget that a lot of these guys have a family as well. D-league is a season or two away from getting a players union if they don't improve the pay.
              Then quit. Stop chasing them dreams and come join us monday-friday middle class shluffs. Zero sympathy, they're playing basketball, not making the world a better place.. Its the same thing people would say to a struggling musician. "Can't put food on the table? Get a job!"

Comment

Then quit. Stop chasing them dreams and come join us monday-friday middle class shluffs. Zero sympathy, they're playing basketball, not making the world a better place.. Its the same thing people would say to a struggling musician. "Can't put food on the table? Get a job!"
                im not talking about paying these guys millions or even six figures, $30K-$40K is a livable wage...$13K is just pathetic.

Comment

• I think the important thing to point out here is that I am in fact funny

immediate permanent ban if you add "looking" or "smelling" and direct it at me as an insult
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

im not talking about paying these guys millions or even six figures, $30K-$40K is a livable wage...$13K is just pathetic.
                    13K is also for a season which is less than 1 year

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      I think the important thing to point out here is that I am in fact funny

immediate permanent ban if you add "looking" or "smelling" and direct it at me as an insult
                      I've never seen you or smelt you................

Yet.

Comment

fiver's....well if the "niner's" and "sixers" works for the SF 49ers and philly...man I hate the name
                        Five Guys.

Comment

Ohh the d league team, thank god I thought this was a thread for local dry sarcam poster raptors999
                          He's made me laugh out loud quite a bit these days... Admittedly his stuff is hit and miss but I wouldn't be against creating a thread with all his highlights
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Think of it this way... With living expenses, health care (which admittedly doesn't matter as much in Canada but nonetheless), food, rent, transportation etc. taken care of, these guys get $13-25k take home, just for playing basketball! They don't even get taxed cause they make so little. There are people who make 40-50k a year who don't get that much in profits after a year!

And as for living in a tiny apartment with other dudes, most (if not all) of these guys went to college... It's basically college for them but with more money, less rules (and probably less "snatch" (*vroom vroom*))

Sign me up!
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              Think of it this way... With living expenses, health care (which admittedly doesn't matter as much in Canada but nonetheless), food, rent, transportation etc. taken care of, these guys get $13-25k take home, just for playing basketball! They don't even get taxed cause they make so little. There are people who make 40-50k a year who don't get that much in profits after a year!

And as for living in a tiny apartment with other dudes, most (if not all) of these guys went to college... It's basically college for them but with more money, less rules (and probably less "snatch" (*vroom vroom*))

Sign me up!
                              because of roadtrips they are in the tiny apartment only 50% of the time.

Comment

• why are we assuming they will get tiny apartments? if the team is paying they could get something decent

Comment

Working...
                                X