Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Raptors 905's

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bruno feeling it from 3 tonight. Guess the knee is better.

    Comment


    • Open Gym episode about Raptors 905!

      Comment


      • Sucks the 905 were blown out today, but...

        [IMG] [/IMG]
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

        Comment


        • Anybody else noticing that Bruno seems like..worse than last year?
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Anybody else noticing that Bruno seems like..worse than last year?
            I trusted Masai on this pick. And well, I mean anything can happen.

            Bruno. No offence, but you won't be playing in the NBA for sure.

            Comment


            • rocwell wrote: View Post
              I trusted Masai on this pick. And well, I mean anything can happen.

              Bruno. No offence, but you won't be playing in the NBA for sure.
              Yeah I was really hoping to see development this year. I'm switching from bru-pro to bru-nah
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Yeah I was really hoping to see development this year. I'm switching from bru-pro to bru-nah
                I tried to play basketball professionally. I made it in my early ears. That was it. But Bruno damn.. He never really looked like a player who could play basketball professionally imo. I hope I'm wrong and wishing him BOL in Europe or somewhere else, but NBA.
                Last edited by rocwell; Wed Dec 21st, 2016, 06:33 PM.

                Comment


                • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Anybody else noticing that Bruno seems like..worse than last year?
                  I think people have to realize that he is now being groomed as a very specific kind of roleplayer - ie we've tightened the reins. Before he was out there jacking shots and trying to put it on the deck, and sometimes that showed well in the box score. I think he's been told that's not his game, that he has to play more like...Patrick? And that has deflated his numbers and perhaps his confidence as he adjusts.

                  I'd wager his defense has probably taken a small step forward.

                  Comment


                  • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    I think people have to realize that he is now being groomed as a very specific kind of roleplayer - ie we've tightened the reins. Before he was out there jacking shots and trying to put it on the deck, and sometimes that showed well in the box score. I think he's been told that's not his game, that he has to play more like...Patrick? And that has deflated his numbers and perhaps his confidence as he adjusts.

                    I'd wager his defense has probably taken a small step forward.
                    In terms of him being a better post defender, very much so in fact. He's staying on his man more, no longer chasing to help teammates with his length. He's also learning how to block shots better overall.

                    I still feel that grooming him into a role is hurting his mental game & we should really be allowing him to try and create his own offense more, as when he does get to the basket, it's Giannis-like. Fast, Deadly and usually a poster.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                    Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                    Comment


                    • Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      In terms of him being a better post defender, very much so in fact. He's staying on his man more, no longer chasing to help teammates with his length. He's also learning how to block shots better overall.

                      I still feel that grooming him into a role is hurting his mental game & we should really be allowing him to try and create his own offense more, as when he does get to the basket, it's Giannis-like. Fast, Deadly and usually a poster.
                      Couldn't disagree more. I think the way they are grooming him now is the right way.

                      In his first 2 years we gave him that free reign to evaluate what it is he does well and before I say what I think he does well, there is a GLARING hole in what he doesn't --- he is an AWFUL decision maker and has very low bball IQ

                      Of course to some degree a part of not understanding the game is the language barrier but there are tons of foreign players that enter the league now (Giannis being one as well) that do seem to catch on, Bruno has not. He at times has seemed completely lost. I think for now it's best to simplify the game for him. Tell him where he needs to be and what things he should do. Having him try to create for himself while more importantly be able to read a defence is just beyond his scope right now especially since he doesn't seem to have a feel for what they are doing.

                      He has shown 2 things....he can shoot a 3 (even in clutch moments) and he can use his length to guard perimeter and post. Once he gets REALLY good at those 2 things, knowing where to be for the open 3 and defending it can open up more avenues. Teams will rush to block his shot and he continues working on his handles and passing in the mean time when they do respond he can start surprising them more but trying to have him be the player that initiates the offence like Giannis would be a massive mistake and just make the 905 team completely disjointed at the same time...

                      He lacks 3 things Giannis has, footspeed, ballhandling and decision making. From the go, the Greek Freak showed great quickness and far more ballhandling potential. Its hard to create and be able to make decisions for your team offensively if you can't handle the ball to put it lightly, it's a recipe for disaster and think that's what we've seen. He simply doesn't have those characteristics to run an offence through. He's more a player that once he becomes proficient at what he does then other avenues will open up for him within that role. Not to mention he lacks the assertiveness and confidence of a lead player...which is fine because the vast majority of players in the league are role players, at this point he just needs to learn how to do HIS really well.

                      Comment


                      • http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170110/GBORAP/

                        Then, Bruno starting to fill out the stat sheet more when his shot isn't on. 9/6/5 with a steal and a block in his last outing.

                        Comment


                        • Pretty amazing to be able to watch Delon, Sullinger, and Bruno get out there for Mississauga.

                          https://www.facebook.com/nbadleague/...4745187985289/

                          Comment


                          • Comment


                            • Raps starting to get desperate for dis length and dat athleticism, a little 3-point shooting wouldn't hurt either.



                              ps - only partially serious.
                              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Feb 4th, 2017, 05:26 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Anyone who follows the 905 see Axel Toupane on the varsity team next year?

                                I think he should be in the NBA. Only question is what team. He played well with Denver last year in limited opportunity.

                                Sign him to a very team friendly, non-guaranteed minimum contract.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X