Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Raptors 905's

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Anyways I think tt's more of a showcase league rather than developmental one.
    No idea why you'd feel that way. Young players need professional game experience as a part of their development, and for many the g-league is that opportunity. If you've paid attention you'd know that Bruno actually has come a long way, even if he's still not NBA-ready.

    Then, the 905 project is what two years in? Maybe some patience is called for?

    Finally, the calibre of play in the development league is getting better year after year. This year it will have another bump up with the 2-way contracts.

    Comment


    • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      ...Finally, the calibre of play in the development league is getting better year after year. This year it will have another bump up with the 2-way contracts.
      I think this will have a big impact. The competition in the European leagues has been, and continues to be, at a higher caliber than G League. But as players start to see more money in the G League, and as the rest of the league winds up with their own teams for development purposes, teams could have 5 NBA players (including two way contracts), and more intense scrutiny. That could make it more attractive to North American players who have earned a couple of years salary overseas, and now want to play closer to home, and closer to The NBA.

      Comment


      • Another benefit of having a g-league team in virtually the same city, is that you can increase the number of practices for your young guys - extremely important with the limited practices allowed by the CBA.

        Comment


        • Raptors 905 Replica Rings will be given out this Wednesday, November 8th to first 4000 fans at their home opener! Real metal and really heavy!
          https://www.instagram.com/p/BbKfE8TF...by=dragontea22

          Comment


          • I wonder if/when Bruno will make an appearance for the 905...

            Comment


            • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              I wonder if/when Bruno will make an appearance for the 905...
              I don't think so
              All man. All amazing.

              Comment


              • Game 3 coming up in half an hour. I assume McKinnie and Caboclo are playing. I guess Tavares signed with Madrid?

                Watch here: http://gleague.nba.com/games/20171110/RAPFWN/

                Comment


                • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Game 3 coming up in half an hour. I assume McKinnie and Caboclo are playing. I guess Tavares signed with Madrid?

                  Watch here: http://gleague.nba.com/games/20171110/RAPFWN/
                  Only have watched Bruno highlights, but two solid outings for him so far. I'll definitely keep an eye on if he can keep it up over 10-15 games. As much as people will say, "It's the Dleague, still trash" its better than nothing. Dleague has boosted a ton of careers and may be what this guy needs to jumpstart his career.

                  Comment


                  • Pretty rough start for the 905's season, but they seem to have coalesced into a solid squad over the last few games/weeks - controlling their last couple opponents handily. Getting Malcolm Miller back from injury and Zo Brown back from assignment helped.

                    Comment


                    • Miller is shooting 37 % and McKinnie is shooting 40% from 3. That's pretty interesting development. If we can get something out of them that'll be big
                      All man. All amazing.

                      Comment


                      • 905 started the season 5 and 10. Now they've won their last 6.

                        Comment


                        • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          905 started the season 5 and 10. Now they've won their last 6.
                          Now 13 and 10.

                          Nice piece on Lorenzo Brown on the front page. He has been steady in the few minutes he has played for the big club. Him dropping 15 dimes for the 905's is a good sign. The Raptors seem to have a cupboard full of distributors if needed. I feel more confident a rested Lowry will be available for the playoffs.

                          Comment


                          • Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Now 13 and 10.

                            Nice piece on Lorenzo Brown on the front page. He has been steady in the few minutes he has played for the big club. Him dropping 15 dimes for the 905's is a good sign. The Raptors seem to have a cupboard full of distributors if needed. I feel more confident a rested Lowry will be available for the playoffs.
                            Yup, and in past years I wouldn't be surprised if McKinnie or Miller were in the rotation or even starting. (see Jamarario, Stankface, Terrence, T-ross, Fields and the rest of our hapless brigade of swing men)

                            Comment


                            • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Yup, and in past years I wouldn't be surprised if McKinnie or Miller were in the rotation or even starting. (see Jamarario, Stankface, Terrence, T-ross, Fields and the rest of our hapless brigade of swing men)
                              I really enjoy the coverage RR gives to the 905. Maybe I'm a sucker for underdog stories. But the emergence of Norm, Fred, Brown etc. is be extremely interesting and entertaining. Given that DeMar has become the poster child for "self-made" basketball player it is absolutely appropriate that he is around as a shining example of what focus and applied effort can accomplish. I loved PJ Tuckers return, even if for a season. Another great example of hard work making something out of nothing. Not to denigrate Tuckers skills or ability, but he had to work hard and spend years working to get to his recent contract.

                              Comment


                              • Puffer wrote: View Post
                                I really enjoy the coverage RR gives to the 905. Maybe I'm a sucker for underdog stories. But the emergence of Norm, Fred, Brown etc. is be extremely interesting and entertaining. Given that DeMar has become the poster child for "self-made" basketball player it is absolutely appropriate that he is around as a shining example of what focus and applied effort can accomplish. I loved PJ Tuckers return, even if for a season. Another great example of hard work making something out of nothing. Not to denigrate Tuckers skills or ability, but he had to work hard and spend years working to get to his recent contract.
                                Add to that Bruno volunteering to go down to continue his journey of hard work - and actually playing the game -and you've got something pretty special. These guys all get to use the Raptors practice facility and have access to fantastic coaching and trainers. Having them in virtually the same city, where they can double up on practices and some games, is massive.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X