This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    So that would mean we proably will neever have more than 3 or 4 of our own guys down there, because that would leave just 11 or 12 available for the big squad.
    Basically yeah.

Other benefit is a chance to closely see more fringe guys and hope to find a diamond in the rough, but until the D League salaries get more competitive then the player quality isn't going to be great.

At the end of the day, it's all about developing the guys you have.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      Basically yeah.

Other benefit is a chance to closely see more fringe guys and hope to find a diamond in the rough, but until the D League salaries get more competitive then the player quality isn't going to be great.

At the end of the day, it's all about developing the guys you have.
      Well then we better surround them with pass first team guys that set good picks. A bunch of poor mans amir johnsons and tony parker if u catch my drift. We don't need the typical d league iso/chuck team if we're developing three young guys.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Well then we better surround them with pass first team guys that set good picks. A bunch of poor mans amir johnsons and tony parker if u catch my drift. We don't need the typical d league iso/chuck team if we're developing three young guys.
        Spurs are the spurs. Hawks are the spurs of the east. And raptors are the spurs of the d league !
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          Spurs are the spurs. Hawks are the spurs of the east. And raptors are the spurs of the d league !
          If it turns Bruno and Bebe into Kawhi and Horford, lets do this!

Comment

Good read on how it all came to be and why Masai was so cautious in confirmation.

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/06/24/mi...eam-is-folding

Comment

3 players are all that can be sent down at a time to the D-League.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                3 players are all that can be sent down at a time to the D-League.
                Going to guess Bruno, #20 and possibly Daniels.

I think Bebe might get a chance as the back up 5.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post

Probably a rotation throughout the year.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post

Not with Casey coaching. Unless Bebe changes his age and comes into training camp about 30 years old.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Probably a rotation throughout the year.
                      That's what I'm thinking. I also think they're gonna want #20 playing as an actual rookie this year in the NBA. I could see Bebe getting a few stints down there. There's always the possibility of a 2nd rounder this year who may be added as well.

Here's a question cause I don't know: Does the D-League fly at all? I thought they bused it everywhere but I'm not sure. Also too lazy to do a simple google search... And who fills out the rest of the roster if they're not part of the Raps?

Comment

• We don't have to sign Daniels. Let him sign with D-league team and keep the roster spot open.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          And who fills out the rest of the roster if they're not part of the Raps?
                          Free agents. Some are D League lifers, some undrafted kids. Either way its still a plus because as someone said earlier, you can find good diamonds in the rough sifting through there. Maybe top out as 8th or 9th guys in an NBA rotation, but you need those guys too,

Comment

• Probably a good thing for Canadian hoops if they use their D-League team to give sure jobs to Canadian ballers who aren't good enough for the big show.
                            Last edited by DanH; Thu Jun 25, 2015, 12:25 AM.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Good read on how it all came to be and why Masai was so cautious in confirmation.

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/06/24/mi...eam-is-folding
                              From the article:
                              The Raptors have also been waiting for D-League approval for a team in Canada. The D-League doesn’t like the idea of crossing the border but the Raptors wanted a D-League team in their own backyard.

The D-League is particular about vetting locations for D-League teams, in some cases taking as long as two years to make a decision so it can insure a D-League franchise has everything in place to make it work.

The Raptors wanted to speed up the process, so reaching an agreement with the Raptors they could present the D-League with an established organization that could speed up the process of vetting Toronto as a D-League location.
                              Correct me if I am wrong but I am still not certain its a done deal by the description above. The Raptors may have secured a D-League team but it doesn't mean the D-League is going to allow it to start right away next season or am I reading it wrong?!

Comment

• Yeah a little bit. It's more like the Raptors sped up the process by taking over the Mississauga Power's management infrastructure. Basically all the old mgmt needs to is bump up the salaries and vendor prices, put up some new signs and they're ready to go. The Raptors will take care of the players, coaching and travel plans.

I assume the thinking was that if they were already able to host poorly attended NBL games at the Hershey Center there's no reason to doubt they're ability to host poorly attended D-League games. (just a joke, I think there's a chance they do well at the gates)
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X