Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know why the 905 started this series in Ohio?

Replay here:
    https://www.facebook.com/nbadleague/...4952805385289/

(FYI - All of Bruno's 6 points come in the first 7 minutes of the game)
    Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Apr 8, 2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Anyone know why the 905 started this series in Ohio?
      The D League wanted to minimize travel for the best of 3 game series (think this was mentioned in the game recap of Game 1), while ensuring that both teams got one home game.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Hard to say how the 2016 draft will pan out. It's too early. Poeltl will be around a long time. Not a star but a guy that will make it in the league. Siakam is hit or miss. Needs a shot, and an IQ. Although he's apparently looking great against scrubs. Just needs the game to slow down for him and I think he'll be alright. I would have much preferred Skal but I wanted Skal at 9. It could be that we had Bebe on the roster already and Masai may have thought Bebe was going to be better.. not sure. I'll give him a solid C- on that pick. It's way too early to say though how he pans out.

Wright is great. I think he did great with that pick in 2015. I wanted RHJ and Harrell, and never even thought of Wright when the draft rolled around. But I love Wright. Never understood the fascination over Portis. Wright's going to be great once he develops a shot. Love his IQ.

And then we have Bruno and Daniels. Bruno has been discussed ad nauseum. I wanted Capela.. Masai went for a home run and failed. Might end up as a rotation piece. Ended up with the 905's out of it. Daniels was a fail but other than Jokic, I don't really see anyone in that second round that would have been a great pickup. Maybe Powell but if Daniels never got hurt maybe he'd still be in the game.

Anyway it's still a big deal to know that Masai helped get the best record in the D League. Sure you can give a lot of credit to Stack.. but he also needs players to do what he asks. Masai brought in good character kids that want to learn and play hard. That's a skill as well.
        Keep in mind that other than NBA assignees, Masai wasn't the guy who put together the 905 DLeague draft picks that resulted in a group of guys who bought into the system. It was Dan Tolzman and staff who were largely responsible for constructing what you see as the core of the 905. Masai certainly signed off on the DLeague draft picks, but it was Tolzman and others who did the spade work that got it done.

Comment

• Sticks wrote: View Post
          Keep in mind that other than NBA assignees, Masai wasn't the guy who put together the 905 DLeague draft picks that resulted in a group of guys who bought into the system. It was Dan Tolzman and staff who were largely responsible for constructing what you see as the core of the 905. Masai certainly signed off on the DLeague draft picks, but it was Tolzman and others who did the spade work that got it done.
          This was intended as a response to JamesNaismith, just to clarify.

Comment

• Dominant start for the 905. Bruno looking good.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Anyone know why the 905 started this series in Ohio?

Replay here:
              https://www.facebook.com/nbadleague/...4952805385289/

(FYI - All of Bruno's 6 points come in the first 7 minutes of the game)
              They play first game away and two games home!

Comment

• Anyone else find it pretty stupid that Axel Toupane got signed by the Pelicans and now he can't play for the 905? I mean don't get me wrong, I love that he finally got a team to signed him but really? Why would the Pelicans want him? Firstly, the Pelicans are tanking, so they have no need for him with the rest of the season. Secondly, he won't have any playing time to flourish behind both Davis and Cousins playing about 37-40 mins per game each.....

Comment

• Toupane is a wing, so not sure why Cousins/Davis would have an effect on his minutes.

And he's making significant money in the next week. Good for him.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i don't see anything stupid about it.

he's not a Raptors assignee so the possibility had always existed that another club could/would offer him a contract. earlier in the season, didn't the Mavericks sign Jarrod Uthoff away from the 905 with a multi-year deal? it's a built-in incentive for players to play their best; even if there's little hope that they might sign with their club's parent franchise.

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                    I mean don't get me wrong, I love that he finally got a team to signed him but really? Why would the Pelicans want him? Firstly, the Pelicans are tanking, so they have no need for him with the rest of the season.

Comment

• Nogueira might be older than Tavares and he's been bumped down to 3rd-string by a rookie PF. that may not be entirely his fault as Casey has a penchant for playing PFs at the center position (read: Amir, Ibaka, Poeltl,etc.)

that being said Cabocolo's not going to be KD but, may yet prove useful to the Raptors. I'm not sure how many years of D-League eligibility Nogueira and Cabocolo still have left, though. one? perhaps none?

EDIT: the "NBA Development League" will now be known as the "NBA Gatorade League". Oh my goodness.
                      Adam Silver would license his mother if the price was right.

Gonzz wrote: View Post
                      Tavares is in his mid twenties. Bruno is still only 21.

Comment

• godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                        Nogueira might be older than Tavares and he's been bumped down to 3rd-string by a rookie PF. that may not be entirely his fault as Casey has a penchant for playing PFs at the center position (read: Amir, Ibaka, Poeltl,etc.)
                        Poeltl is a centre now? I know he has that kind versatility but around the draft I was mocked pretty soundly for even suggesting such a thing.

PS - the 5 is definitely his primary position.

Comment

• Tavares has just been signed to a multi-year deal by Cleveland. Won't even let us win a d-league title. Hate those guys!

Comment

• Great for organization.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• and some people wanted Larry Sanders lol scrub is a scrub
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                and some people wanted Larry Sanders lol scrub is a scrub
                                You don't Want no scrubs?
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X