This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess wrote: View Post
    Yeah a little bit. It's more like the Raptors sped up the process by taking over the Mississauga Power's management infrastructure. Basically all the old mgmt needs to is bump up the salaries and vendor prices, put up some new signs and they're ready to go. The Raptors will take care of the players, coaching and travel plans.

I assume the thinking was that if they were already able to host poorly attended NBL games at the Hershey Center there's no reason to doubt they're ability to host poorly attended D-League games. (just a joke, I think there's a chance they do well at the gates)
    I honestly think they will draw well. There's gotta bee at least 10000 HARDCORE raptor fans in the area that would love to take their kids/scout some future raps without spending a small fortune.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Probably a good thing for Canadian hoops if they use their D-League team to give sure jobs to Canadian ballers who aren't good enough for the big show.
      It'd be nice to see these Canadian guys, whom we become very familiar with in the tourney, to be able to extend their career in North America and in particular the GTA. Surely there's more NBA scouts scouring the D-League than overseas, at least on a consistent basis. Right now is the perfect time for this to happen, since we've seen such a growth in very good Canadian NCAA'ers in the last 3-4 years.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I honestly think they will draw well. There's gotta bee at least 10000 HARDCORE raptor fans in the area that would love to take their kids/scout some future raps without spending a small fortune.
        Agreed. I mean, I was in a PACKED McMaster gym when Wiggins came to town with his high school team. (he only played like half the game, made a few jaw-dropping moves that ended with his elbows at the rim). Worthy or not, Bruno is almost at the same level. He's basically a local cult hero/saviour these days and you know he's going to get some burn in Sauga.

And before people start shitting on Bruno and his potential, remember, this is sports and it's fun to cheer for things.

Yay!
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          The D-League averages 2,725 per game, according to this report. http://sportsfranchises.sportsblog.c...s_nll_afl.html

What scares me a little is the 389 avg for LA, the only other real big market in the league. I'm really hoping that the tickets are affordable, and if they rotate raps players in-n-out all year, I think they can average at least 3,000 to begin with. I also hope the staying-power is there, but they should thrive for the first couple seasons IMO.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            We don't have to sign Daniels. Let him sign with D-league team and keep the roster spot open.
            That's be nice. $25,500 (or whatever it is now) isn't a lot of money, but 'housing' in Toronto (I can't find how much teams can pay on this) is actually worth a pretty penny, as is endearing yourself to your teammates, fanbase, and the organization that owns your NBA rights.

This Mississauga team could be absolutely massive for our player development. Presumably they will share the Raptors' training facility?
            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Thu Jun 25, 2015, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Also, I could see this team blowing out the rest of the D-league in terms of attendance. You get to watch Bruno, BeBe, Daniels (potentially), and our 2015 rookie on regularly and on the cheap? Consider me jealous, stuck here in Vancouver as I am

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Also, I could see this team blowing out the rest of the D-league in terms of attendance. You get to watch Bruno, BeBe, Daniels (potentially), and our 2015 rookie on regularly and on the cheap? Consider me jealous, stuck here in Vancouver as I am
                IF and that's a big if. If they look good, attendance should be good. But it's hard to imagine people paying to watch horrible basketball that they can watch for free on YouTube.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Lucky that the Hershey centre is 10 mins from my house. 🙌

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    IF and that's a big if. If they look good, attendance should be good. But it's hard to imagine people paying to watch horrible basketball that they can watch for free on YouTube.
                    Not necessarily, Bruno and Bebe to an extent are both mysteries and people will be lining up to watch them because they're intriguing.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      The D-League averages 2,725 per game, according to this report. http://sportsfranchises.sportsblog.c...s_nll_afl.html

What scares me a little is the 389 avg for LA, the only other real big market in the league. I'm really hoping that the tickets are affordable, and if they rotate raps players in-n-out all year, I think they can average at least 3,000 to begin with. I also hope the staying-power is there, but they should thrive for the first couple seasons IMO.
                      The LA DLeague teams plays in a building that can only hold about 400 people, so that's basically a sellout.

Comment

• This is great news!! Even better - from a personal POV, my buddy is good friends with the owner of the Mississauga Power CBL franchise. It looks like the Raps bought them out, so hopefully they stay involved with the D-League team so I can shmooze with the Brazilians. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          This is great news!! Even better - from a personal POV, my buddy is good friends with the owner of the Mississauga Power CBL franchise. It looks like the Raps bought them out, so hopefully they stay involved with the D-League team so I can shmooze with the Brazilians. lol.
                          I hope we don't keep the Power moniker.

But this sounds good... how's the arena there anyway, if anyone here's been to a Power game?
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post

But this sounds good... how's the arena there anyway, if anyone here's been to a Power game?
                            I've never been to any CBL game before, but definitely going to check out the D-League now.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post

I went to a Globetrotters game there last year... i dunno, its nothing fancy, just an arena. Im sure they'll spruce it up a little with the big-backers on board now.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                I went to a Globetrotters game there last year... i dunno, its nothing fancy, just an arena. Im sure they'll spruce it up a little with the big-backers on board now.
                                Well..

Guess we could do meet-ups at DL games if the seats are cheap?

That'd be fun.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X