X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Well..

Guess we could do meet-ups at DL games if the seats are cheap?

That'd be fun.
    Im really hoping theyre not more than $20 per seat. Anything more is asking a bit much, considering you could go to a Raps game for around the same.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/s...25257369223168

Nba has registered domain names and extensions for Raptors 905... A little disappointed.

Anyone know what kind of deal happened btwn raps and miss power?
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• A d-league team for toronto will make a bigger impact than the entire canadian basketball league in my opinion. They should use that new rebranding logo for the d league team, cuz its shit; i dont like it lol. Or at least use the old school raptor logo...

either way, whos coming to the home opener to create the hypest d-league atmosphere in the league?!!!

It could be a MAJOR asset if this team is hype...

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/s...25257369223168

Nba has registered domain names and extensions for Raptors 905... A little disappointed.

Anyone know what kind of deal happened btwn raps and miss power?
          I'm speechless that anyone would consider this name as a possibility, let alone as a final choice.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            I'm speechless that anyone would consider this name as a possibility, let alone as a final choice.
            It's so stupid, it had to be a raptors/toronto thing... Just like that whole 6 business...
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

no worse than the mad ants
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                no worse than the mad ants
                Exactly! Most DLeague team names are stupid, and I've never seen anyone wearing any DLeague fan gear or jerseys in my entire life, it couldn't matter any less. The only people who will buy fan merchandise will be residents of Mississauga, and they may like the team being locally branded the 905. Much better to pander to the locals then to go with something stupid like Power, which sounds like a WNBA franchise name.

Comment

• Mississauga Raptors905. That just sucks man. They can't get anything right man.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    Exactly! Most DLeague team names are stupid, and I've never seen anyone wearing any DLeague fan gear or jerseys in my entire life, it couldn't matter any less. The only people who will buy fan merchandise will be residents of Mississauga, and they may like the team being locally branded the 905. Much better to pander to the locals then to go with something stupid like Power, which sounds like a WNBA franchise name.
                    I don't really care one or the other.

What's a little frightening is that multiple people with real power in the organization thought that this was a good idea.
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I don't really care one or the other.

What's a little frightening is that multiple people with real power in the organization thought that this was a good idea.
                      Maybe they did market research on what would sell in the local area? We're just spit balling out our buttholes. Does anyone here actually live in Mississauga?

Comment

• When atlanta's uniforms came out, I was going to comment on how I appreciated how the raptors had resisted the trends of using airport codes or similar gimmicks. So much for that.

Comment

Maybe they did market research on what would sell in the local area? We're just spit balling out our buttholes. Does anyone here actually live in Mississauga?
                          I do, and... I couldn't care less. D-LEAGUE TEAM.

Comment

I love the random minor league team names, but don't like 905.

AA baseball has gems like
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                              When atlanta's uniforms came out, I was going to comment on how I appreciated how the raptors had resisted the trends of using airport codes or similar gimmicks. So much for that.
                              I lived in Atlanta for 7 years and ATL is used by everyone there as a short term for the city, and it has little to do with Hartsfield Jackson using ATL as the airport code, the airport probably chose it because it already was being used. It's the first 3 letters of the city name, and instantly recognizable as meaning Atlanta. It was also used on their jerseys this past season, it's not something new.

Comment

Bahahaha this definitely reeks of some bullshit market research.
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X