This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Meh, it's not like anyone would care to buy a D-League jersey even if it was a cool name. They're a tool to accelerate our prospects. That's it.

Kinda like a Toyota Prius. Buyers obviously don't care what it looks like, but it gets the job done
    I would totally buy a "Mississaugua-Saurus" jersey, and I don't even live in Ontario.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I would totally buy a "Mississaugua-Saurus" jersey, and I don't even live in Ontario.
      That's random. Buying a team jersey for a team that doesn't exist in an area you don't live

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        That's random. Buying a team jersey for a team that doesn't exist in an area you don't live
        If the team had gone with the dino themed name of Mississagua Saurus - how could you resist?!

Plus still Raps affiliated, so our team by proxy.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          If the team had gone with the dino themed name of Mississagua Saurus - how could you resist?!

Plus still Raps affiliated, so our team by proxy.
          I like Mississ Saurus or Mrs. Saurus since that how I spell that city name anyway

Comment

• Missi Sausages
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I want to re-live the Jurassic World controversy by referring to the Mississauga Pachycephalosauruses as "Pachys".

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                You are not obligated to sign your pick. But if you don't, and they don't sign with a pro team somewhere, you lose your rights after a year. A pick signing with any pro team stops the clock on losing their rights.

Same applies for second round picks. If they aren't playing pro, you lose their rights.

As for the D-League, D-League teams cannot sign players outright. Any non-NBA roster player who wants to play in the D-League has to go through the D-League draft. The exception is that each team can assign up to two players who are invited to camp but do not make the roster directly to their D-League team without going through the draft. But only two. So no, you can't just draft a dozen second rounders and stack your D-League team - at best you can control 5 exclusive D-League entities, 3 with inactive roster spots and two with camp invite assignees.
                Interesting, Thanks for the info. Now I'm aware the Knicks D league team last season had an expension draft upon entering the league prior to the actual D league draft. Wil this be the same case with the Raptors905?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Interesting, Thanks for the info. Now I'm aware the Knicks D league team last season had an expension draft upon entering the league prior to the actual D league draft. Wil this be the same case with the Raptors905?
                  Expansion D-league draft - that shit needs to be on TV

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Expansion D-league draft - that shit needs to be on TV
                    I would watch it.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Should be. It's hard to find info on the D-League rules, as they are not part of the CBA, except for those parts that pertain to guys signed to NBA contracts. But yes, there should be an expansion draft.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Should be. It's hard to find info on the D-League rules, as they are not part of the CBA, except for those parts that pertain to guys signed to NBA contracts. But yes, there should be an expansion draft.
                        If you are a player that isn't picked to fill out an expansion D-league roster, maybe an NBA career isn't immanent

Comment

• I kinda like the number lettering on the logo... needs a little refinement, but a solid attempt. Don't like the way the Raptors wordmark has been implemented, or the rips, or the red ring around it. I would have had the rips extending all the way down to the top of the 905, and put the wordmark on a curve outside the ball. Also would have flipped the greys to match the regular logo, with the lighter grey for the ball and darker for lines and rips.

Then again, you look at the sort of cartoony, 3d lettering and animals crap that most d-league teams trot out, this is relatively restrained.

Comment

• Lets be real.

This DLeague team is all about developing Stripes in case of another injury to the Raptor.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Lets be real.

This DLeague team is all about developing Stripes in case of another injury to the Raptor.

Comment

• Raptors are only the 9th team to own and operate team.

Didn't realize there were only 8 before.

Comment

Working...
                                X